Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Lack of Creativity by Shania fans Corner


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:
Lack of Creativity by Shania fans Corner


  This topic is in resonse to Bobby saying that we are not creative enough on this site so here goes my attempt at creativity.  Please feel free to post your creativeness anytime. It would be nice to keep it clean and keep it Shania related.
 

Shania Song Titles in a Love Story

I called my friend Juanita on the phone to say Home Aint where his heart is Anymore and she told me to ask him Whose bed have your boots been under? And he replied No one needs to know right now, what made you say that? I told him that The Woman in me needs the man in you, forever and for always and that When I think of him with another Im Jealous. I also told him that when he says to me Youre still the one, I bite my lip and say to him I aint gonna eat out my heart anymore and he said Dont give me that. Then he headed for the door and I said Whatever you do, dont go but his love gets me every time so I grabbed him by the hand and said Dont be stupid, you know I love you, youve got a hold on me, you know youve got a way with me. He looked at me and said Dont give me those luv eyes and think that God aint gonna getcha for that always accusing me of being wild and wicked, then he smiled and said Looks like leavin is the only way out so if youre not in it for love Im outta here. So he left and didnt come home that night. So I called him up and I said Its alright know this suspicion is why you hate to love, but then he hung up the phone and I said What a way to wanna be he didnt want to hear my apology. So I decided it was time for me to say cest la vie to his cheatin ways. Now Im here all alone and my tears are rainin on our love. So I sat down with pen in hand to write Amneriss letter to say goodbye to him. Then my friend Juanita called to ask how I was and I told her It only hurts when Im breathing and that Im sill under the weather over you. She asked me if Id do it all again and I said Nah, it wasnt worth the heartache and I asked her if there was life after love and she told me that Im holdin on to love to save my life and that I needed to get out and have some fun so she asked me to go with her to a dance. We went to the dance and I saw him there dancing with another girl and I thought to myself Lady when he leaves you youre gonna cry a million tears.

He walked up to me as I was dancing by myself to the tune of Man! I feel like a woman and he thought he could pull off the crime of the century by convincing me to dance with him and I looked right at him and said You need to go back where you came from and dance with the one that brought you and forget me. Then when he didnt leave I said Waiter! Bring me water and I looked at him with the glass of water in my hand and said If you dont get outta here now Im gonna getcha good! So he went back to dancing with that other girl and I sat down at a table to have a drink and then in walked a new guy. He came over to where I was sitting and looked me up and down and I said to him Dont give me that once over. And he said Come on baby lets rock this country! So we started dancing and he was smiling so pretty that I told him Id like to take you home where we could have a party for two. He smiled at me and said Im not in the mood to say no so we headed to my car. He opened the door on the passengers side and motioned for me to get in and said Give me the keys and I looked at him and said I dont think so baby, in my car Ill be the driver. So I hopped in on the drivers side and he got in on the passengers side and down the road we went. I looked into my rearview mirror to see headlights flashin me. So I pulled over to find that old cheatin boyfriend of mine. I rolled down the window cause I wanted to see what he had to say. He smiled at me and said From this moment on I want you to know I wont leave you lonely ever again. I realize now that I lost my heart when I found you, you win my love and Ill always regret that I wasnt there for you when you needed me. So I looked at him and said Well its about time but that dont impress me much and there aint no particular way Ill consider takin you back! He shook his head and said I aint gonna give up on you cause I aint no quitter and I realize now that if it dont take two and thats me and you it aint worth going through. I rolled my eyes at him knowing that it was all just one of his lines and I said Its a little too late to say that now.

Next time dont let me be the last to know and then I pealed out squalling tires and left him standing in a cloud of smoke but I heard him say Now I know shes not just a pretty face shes got everything it takes but I wont give up I aint going down I wont give up on two hearts one love with someone else. I drove my new boyfriend to his house and walked him to the door. He put his arms around me and I could tell he wanted to kiss me so I looked him in the eyes and said to him Any man of mine better walk softly on the bridges cause Ive been down this road before and although I really wanna get to know you that good I dont want to get hurt that way again. He smiled and said I understand and he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen and wrote his number on my hand. Then he said Call me when you are feelin down and Ill be there to help pick you up! So I said Ill see you later. Then I got in my car and drove home. The very next night I was feelin lonely so I dialed my new guys number and he said Honey Im home, come on over. So I got in my car and drove over to his house. When I arrived he had the radio on and was dancing to the song thank you baby for making someday come so soon. So I started dancing with him and out of the blue I kissed him and he looked at me and said Whyd you do that? and I just smiled and said The rhythm made me do it. He just smiled at me and said Only a woman like you can make me feel the way the way I do when you kiss me, baby youre too hot to handle. We were dancing and it was feeling so good and I knew what he was thinking so I said with a smile If you wanna touch her, ask. So he smiled and asked Can I touch you here and send it with love and then he gently touched my heart. Then I said to myself I think Im in love, oh no there goes the neighborhood. As we continued dancing to the song Half breed he looked into my eyes and said You lay a whole lotta love on me. For so long it was raining in my heart and now since I met you, this once haunted heart is heavy on the sunshine.

So I looked at him and said I understand how you feel because for so long I was looking at love through black eyes blue tears. Then he kissed me and Ka Ching! My heart knew this was meant to be.

Now over a year and a half later were both loving and feeling God bless the child that is a part of both of us

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 250
Date:

Hey Tonto....In my personal opinion the efforts of yours, reguarding this thread, is nothing less than the most outstanding effort I have seen on this site,possibly in all my time here..Congrats are more than in order. The only thing I would like to see is you to edit out,is your recongnition of myself as the source of inspiring you to do so...Shania and this site was your inspiration to spend the endless hours it must have taken. All I was trying to say in that post, is if all we keep on doing is adding to ancient old topics,with nothing new to say, that hasn't been said over and over,the site will become stale...We always need fresh thoughts brought forward and it starts with imagination...Again...Nice job...Bobby boy

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I don't think Tommy would ever let his site become stale.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:

Wow, this is an unbelievable piece of work. That must have taken quite the effort. Job well done, bravo!

You even included titles from her Limelight Sessions as well as such songs as Haunted Heart where she sang back up for Kershaw and her 1983 Nashville jingle, Heavy On The Sunshine. Terrific.

__________________
Shania - Modern Country Queen


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Date:

Hi Everyone. Good to see this thread here at last, I would like to voice my appreciation to Tonto.
She is talented as well as being a lovely person. She very kindly sent to me another exhibit of her excellent work. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT and think it needs to be posted here for everyone to enjoy and recognise how gifted she is.

I will sing you to me.

I will sing you to me
Just close your eyes and listen to the wind
I will sing it over and over again
whether you're near or you're far
By morning sun or evening star
I will sing you to me

Just open your heart and listen for the sound
on angels wings what was lost will be found
When you're alone in the darkness and you cannot see
I will be there and I will sing you to me

When you're heart is filled with pain, just remember it won't be long
Close your eyes and listen for my song
and I will sing you to me.

I will sing you to me
Just close your eyes and listen to the wind
I will sing it over and over again
whether you're near or you're far
By morning sun or evening star
I will sing you to me.

No matter how many miles across the land
or how many miles across the sea
I promise you I will find a way to sing you to me
I will sing you to me

For this was meant to be
and you will hear my song
To sing forever's not to long
We were meant to be
I will always sing you to me


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

Tonto great post you have a way with words thats for sure.If your not a writer or journalist you should think of a career change.Bob before we were so rudely interrupted the other day, any news about Shania from up there

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

First let me say thanks to everyone for your kind words. I was hoping by posting my ideas that ohers will follow. It's very hard to post things like this knowing they will be held up to all kinds of scrutiny from others. The poem/Song that Katie posted for me was inspired also by Shania and the film Austrailia. Go see the film. I feel that Shania sang me to her and I wanted to express that. The story with the song titles took about 6 hours to create. It was well worth the effort. Thanks for the kind words and thanks agian to Bobby for the encouragement to do it. I'd like to one day be able to give this to Shania and say thanks to her for being the type of person who inpsires others. I'm thinking she has no clue as to how many people she has truly touched. She should feel and is awesomely special.
Warmes regards as always,
Tonto


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Date:

Great story Tonto!!!
Well Done!!! ;)

__________________
~ KRISTIN ~


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

shaniafan339 wrote:

Great story Tonto!!!
Well Done!!! ;)



Thanks now you write one!!!
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Date:

A personal letter to Shania

Dear Shania
Hi, I am a huge fan of yours and have been for many years. I have a lot of respect for you as a musical artist.
Even after all this time as passed I still listen to your music often and still get a lot of plessure from it. No matter how I feel on a given day, whether I'm happy, sad, upbeat, downbeat, excited, tired, busy, bored I play your songs and I'm instantly inspired.
Just as your younger years were full of hardship and unpleasentness mine were too, but it is through my love and admiration of you and your music that I was able to transform my life into a happy and contented one.
So I personally feel like I owe you something. This feeling never lessens and I try to repay my debt to you by being a loyal and dedicated fan.
So please accept this letter as it is offered- as friendly.
I am just one active member on this message board but there are some wonderful charactors on here [Kevy is the best! lol]. We are a group of fans gathered together to share in our love and appreciation of you.
We like to discuss everything we know about you and through your split with Mutt and your recent intimate little interlude with Fred and a bunch of reporters you have given us plenty to gosip, ponder, wonder, speculate, debate, critizise, argue and reason about.
But we are fed up of this now.
We understand it is your life and you are entitled to make your own choices. Some of us are happy whatever you do and some of us are somewhat disappointed but we do realise it is your own business and not ours.
However as fans, the issue of your career is our business and our main focus. So what we really, desperately want to know is, are you now or at any time in the future planning on making new music again. If not, fair enough, we won't like it but at least we will keep on listening to the wonderful music you have already provided for us.
But if you are working on a new album could you please put us all at ease and let us know, and could you tell us sometime soon [like real soon!!!] so that we can continue to let our excitement grow without fear of being let down at a later date. As a time served fan I feel you do owe us this at least.
In a nutshell would you please kindly stop playing games with us and just give it to us straight!!
Thank you. With much anticipation [ and appreciation]
from a hopeful fan.xx

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

You and Kevy maybe are fed up.

Speaking for myself I am rapt with anticipation and patience.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

This is way out there but I think it would be awesome to see this. My mom gave me the new Britney Spears Cd Circus for Christmas and I thought I should listen to it but I didn't want to unthrone my Shania to put Britney in because I felt like it would be disloyal to Shania anyway I thought I know I'll put it in my MP3 player but I won't ever listen to it because I always only listen to Shania so then I thought O.K. I'll just make a playlist of Shania and Britney together. So I did I put one Shania song and one Britney song and it was so cool together like that that I burned it to a Cd for my truck. Well it started the wheels turning and I thought wouldn't it be awesome if they actually sang a song toghether so I had this whole video of Shania and Britney dancing and singing in my head and singing this song like a duel or a challenge to each other and in my head it was totally awesome so I wrote this all down on paper to the tune of Britney's womanizer. Anyway I thought it was an awesome video but it was only in my head so I'll just post the song anyway. Hope you enjoy!!

Man-eater
Shania sings- Whyd you come in here lookin like that?
On Your rockin body theres not an ounce of fat
Flippin your blonde hair
Like you just dont care
With your designer jeans and your Merle Norman face
Attractin the attention of every man in the place
Yeah, youre a man-eater
You could turn any man into a steady cheater
Yeah baby, youre a man-eater
Man-eater, Man-eater why dont you take a hike
You always seem to find the kind of man I like
Man-eater, Man-eater shake it all night long
You let it all hang out to your favorite song
Man-eater, Man-eater dont you know that its not cool
To steal another womans man and make all the others
Drool
You know you got the power to make the rest of us
out to be fools

Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Im the one who can turn your steady man into a total
cheater
Yeah, Im a man-eater and tonight Im on the prowl
So all you other ladies might as well throw in the towel
When they play my favorite song, stop and watch me
dance
Thats when youll know you just dont stand a chance
In my designer jeans, wearin my designer perfume
Every head turns when I walk into the room
Im a man-eater and Im always on the hunt for a new man
So you better hold on to yours just as tight as you can
Yeah, Im a man-eater

These parts are sung at the same time to each other eye to eye while dancing like a duel.

Shania sings- Youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Shania sings- You can turn my steady man into a total cheater
Britney sings- Ill turn your steady man into a total cheater
Shania sings- Man-eater, man-eater you shake it all night long, you let
it all hang out to your
Favorite song, cause youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater!!
Shania sings- You're a man-eater!!

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto .


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:

Well that's an interesting twist. smile.gif

__________________
Shania - Modern Country Queen


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Tonto wrote:

This is way out there but I think it would be awesome to see this. My mom gave me the new Britney Spears Cd Circus for Christmas and I thought I should listen to it but I didn't want to unthrone my Shania to put Britney in because I felt like it would be disloyal to Shania anyway I thought I know I'll put it in my MP3 player but I won't ever listen to it because I always only listen to Shania so then I thought O.K. I'll just make a playlist of Shania and Britney together. So I did I put one Shania song and one Britney song and it was so cool together like that that I burned it to a Cd for my truck. Well it started the wheels turning and I thought wouldn't it be awesome if they actually sang a song toghether so I had this whole video of Shania and Britney dancing and singing in my head and singing this song like a duel or a challenge to each other and in my head it was totally awesome so I wrote this all down on paper to the tune of Britney's womanizer. Anyway I thought it was an awesome video but it was only in my head so I'll just post the song anyway. Hope you enjoy!!

Man-eater
Shania sings- Whyd you come in here lookin like that?
On Your rockin body theres not an ounce of fat
Flippin your blonde hair
Like you just dont care
With your designer jeans and your Merle Norman face
Attractin the attention of every man in the place
Yeah, youre a man-eater
You could turn any man into a steady cheater
Yeah baby, youre a man-eater
Man-eater, Man-eater why dont you take a hike
You always seem to find the kind of man I like
Man-eater, Man-eater shake it all night long
You let it all hang out to your favorite song
Man-eater, Man-eater dont you know that its not cool
To steal another womans man and make all the others
Drool
You know you got the power to make the rest of us
out to be fools

Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Im the one who can turn your steady man into a total
cheater
Yeah, Im a man-eater and tonight Im on the prowl
So all you other ladies might as well throw in the towel
When they play my favorite song, stop and watch me
dance
Thats when youll know you just dont stand a chance
In my designer jeans, wearin my designer perfume
Every head turns when I walk into the room
Im a man-eater and Im always on the hunt for a new man
So you better hold on to yours just as tight as you can
Yeah, Im a man-eater

These parts are sung at the same time to each other eye to eye while dancing like a duel.

Shania sings- Youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Shania sings- You can turn my steady man into a total cheater
Britney sings- Ill turn your steady man into a total cheater
Shania sings- Man-eater, man-eater you shake it all night long, you let
it all hang out to your
Favorite song, cause youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater!!
Shania sings- You're a man-eater!!

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto .



..that is nifty...wait til our resident psychoanalyst learns you drive a truck ... I predict he is gonna get quite excited..

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Date:

Hi Tonto biggrin

   An Awesome talent!
   An Indutibably Awesome song!!
Keep them coming!

Sending you the warmest regards too. love Katie x

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

Tonto wrote:

This is way out there but I think it would be awesome to see this. My mom gave me the new Britney Spears Cd Circus for Christmas and I thought I should listen to it but I didn't want to unthrone my Shania to put Britney in because I felt like it would be disloyal to Shania anyway I thought I know I'll put it in my MP3 player but I won't ever listen to it because I always only listen to Shania so then I thought O.K. I'll just make a playlist of Shania and Britney together. So I did I put one Shania song and one Britney song and it was so cool together like that that I burned it to a Cd for my truck. Well it started the wheels turning and I thought wouldn't it be awesome if they actually sang a song toghether so I had this whole video of Shania and Britney dancing and singing in my head and singing this song like a duel or a challenge to each other and in my head it was totally awesome so I wrote this all down on paper to the tune of Britney's womanizer. Anyway I thought it was an awesome video but it was only in my head so I'll just post the song anyway. Hope you enjoy!!

Man-eater
Shania sings- Whyd you come in here lookin like that?
On Your rockin body theres not an ounce of fat
Flippin your blonde hair
Like you just dont care
With your designer jeans and your Merle Norman face
Attractin the attention of every man in the place
Yeah, youre a man-eater
You could turn any man into a steady cheater
Yeah baby, youre a man-eater
Man-eater, Man-eater why dont you take a hike
You always seem to find the kind of man I like
Man-eater, Man-eater shake it all night long
You let it all hang out to your favorite song
Man-eater, Man-eater dont you know that its not cool
To steal another womans man and make all the others
Drool
You know you got the power to make the rest of us
out to be fools

Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Im the one who can turn your steady man into a total
cheater
Yeah, Im a man-eater and tonight Im on the prowl
So all you other ladies might as well throw in the towel
When they play my favorite song, stop and watch me
dance
Thats when youll know you just dont stand a chance
In my designer jeans, wearin my designer perfume
Every head turns when I walk into the room
Im a man-eater and Im always on the hunt for a new man
So you better hold on to yours just as tight as you can
Yeah, Im a man-eater

These parts are sung at the same time to each other eye to eye while dancing like a duel.

Shania sings- Youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Shania sings- You can turn my steady man into a total cheater
Britney sings- Ill turn your steady man into a total cheater
Shania sings- Man-eater, man-eater you shake it all night long, you let
it all hang out to your
Favorite song, cause youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater!!
Shania sings- You're a man-eater!!

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto .



..that is nifty...wait til our resident psychoanalyst learns you drive a truck ... I predict he is gonna get quite excited..



Actually it is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac and I love it.  It has a Yoda decal that says "What would Yoda do ... Kick your *** he would.  In the middle it has a decal that says "Got Shania Twain".  Also has  a Yoda tag on the front that says "There is no try only do."  I blanked out the bad word because I didn't put it on my truck either.  I do have an image to uphold afterall. biggrin  This is the only place people don't think I'm nuts for talking about Shania all the time.  Go ahead and analyze it all you want.  Let me know the diagnosis.  i've been searching for the right one for years!!!
Wamest regards as always,

Tonto



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

ShaniaRocks! wrote:

Hi Tonto biggrin

   An Awesome talent!
   An Indutibably Awesome song!!
Keep them coming!

Sending you the warmest regards too. love Katie x



...you can't steal my word and then proceed to mangle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!disbelief

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Tonto wrote:

 

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

Tonto wrote:

This is way out there but I think it would be awesome to see this. My mom gave me the new Britney Spears Cd Circus for Christmas and I thought I should listen to it but I didn't want to unthrone my Shania to put Britney in because I felt like it would be disloyal to Shania anyway I thought I know I'll put it in my MP3 player but I won't ever listen to it because I always only listen to Shania so then I thought O.K. I'll just make a playlist of Shania and Britney together. So I did I put one Shania song and one Britney song and it was so cool together like that that I burned it to a Cd for my truck. Well it started the wheels turning and I thought wouldn't it be awesome if they actually sang a song toghether so I had this whole video of Shania and Britney dancing and singing in my head and singing this song like a duel or a challenge to each other and in my head it was totally awesome so I wrote this all down on paper to the tune of Britney's womanizer. Anyway I thought it was an awesome video but it was only in my head so I'll just post the song anyway. Hope you enjoy!!

Man-eater
Shania sings- Whyd you come in here lookin like that?
On Your rockin body theres not an ounce of fat
Flippin your blonde hair
Like you just dont care
With your designer jeans and your Merle Norman face
Attractin the attention of every man in the place
Yeah, youre a man-eater
You could turn any man into a steady cheater
Yeah baby, youre a man-eater
Man-eater, Man-eater why dont you take a hike
You always seem to find the kind of man I like
Man-eater, Man-eater shake it all night long
You let it all hang out to your favorite song
Man-eater, Man-eater dont you know that its not cool
To steal another womans man and make all the others
Drool
You know you got the power to make the rest of us
out to be fools

Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Im the one who can turn your steady man into a total
cheater
Yeah, Im a man-eater and tonight Im on the prowl
So all you other ladies might as well throw in the towel
When they play my favorite song, stop and watch me
dance
Thats when youll know you just dont stand a chance
In my designer jeans, wearin my designer perfume
Every head turns when I walk into the room
Im a man-eater and Im always on the hunt for a new man
So you better hold on to yours just as tight as you can
Yeah, Im a man-eater

These parts are sung at the same time to each other eye to eye while dancing like a duel.

Shania sings- Youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Shania sings- You can turn my steady man into a total cheater
Britney sings- Ill turn your steady man into a total cheater
Shania sings- Man-eater, man-eater you shake it all night long, you let
it all hang out to your
Favorite song, cause youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater!!
Shania sings- You're a man-eater!!

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto .



..that is nifty...wait til our resident psychoanalyst learns you drive a truck ... I predict he is gonna get quite excited..



Actually it is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac and I love it.  It has a Yoda decal that says "What would Yoda do ... Kick your *** he would.  In the middle it has a decal that says "Got Shania Twain".  Also has  a Yoda tag on the front that says "There is no try only do."  I blanked out the bad word because I didn't put it on my truck either.  I do have an image to uphold afterall. biggrin  This is the only place people don't think I'm nuts for talking about Shania all the time.  Go ahead and analyze it all you want.  Let me know the diagnosis.  i've been searching for the right one for years!!!
Wamest regards as always,

Tonto

 




 ...you sound like my kind of a women but aren't you horrified by your gas mileage?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Actually only when gas was really high it wasn't too good but normally I only spend about 80.00 a month on gas.  i get about 18 miles to the gallon but it drives and rides like a dream for a SUV.  Mostly it looks cool cause I love to wash and wax it.  I hate a dirty car!!  Of course I'm always jammin' to Shania when I wash and wax it!!  Sing to me!!!
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto


__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Date:

I Ain't Goin Down'...... A great motto for life.smilebiggrin

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

 

ShaniaRocks! wrote:

Hi Tonto biggrin

   An Awesome talent!
   An Indutibably Awesome song!!
Keep them coming!

Sending you the warmest regards too. love Katie x



...you can't steal my word and then proceed to mangle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!disbelief

 

 



      oops! I'm In concordance It is a delinquency!

      Tonto your song Is a truely inspired effort. Your motivation Is exceptional. Indubitably! smile

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Thanks Katie. Shania is an inspriation. Can't wait for new music to help inspire me more. Wish some other people would get inspired and post some stuff. Who knows maybe our resident celeb is reading us and laughing her very little awesome arse off at us!!!
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Tonto wrote:

Actually only when gas was really high it wasn't too good but normally I only spend about 80.00 a month on gas.  i get about 18 miles to the gallon but it drives and rides like a dream for a SUV.  Mostly it looks cool cause I love to wash and wax it.  I hate a dirty car!!  Of course I'm always jammin' to Shania when I wash and wax it!!  Sing to me!!!
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto



How come a sweet young thing like you isn't driving something like a Mazda Miata?

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

You could wash and wax it in one third the time.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse but couldn't see too good out of it. Sports cars sit too low on the ground. Plus I wanted to buy American this time and I've always wanted an SUV. My first choice was a Toyota 4 Runner but they cost way too much. I have a family member who worked at a Toyota and a Ford dealership so I went with the Ford Explorer Sport Trac. It takes longer to wash and wax but I love doing it. Everybody leaves me alone and no one bothers me. I just put on the tunes and do my thing and it's great in the summer. Not so in the winter. Don't do it as often as I should when it gets cold but hey water sports in winter is not my thing.

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I did not realize a Toyota 4 Runner cost more than a Ford Explorer!

I have had many cars over the years but never felt the need for an SUV. One of my most beloved ones was a 1961 Corvair Monza 4 speed stick which I had while I was in the Army and my dad sold it while I was in Vietnam.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1701
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

I did not realize a Toyota 4 Runner cost more than a Ford Explorer!

I have had many cars over the years but never felt the need for an SUV. One of my most beloved ones was a 1961 Corvair Monza 4 speed stick which I had while I was in the Army and my dad sold it while I was in Vietnam.



blankstare you were in Vietnam?? i'm really imressed.

 



__________________
Forgive any misspellings,English's not my mother tongue.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I was drafted in 1966 and spent parts of 1967 and 1968 over there - nothing impressive about it.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1701
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

I was drafted in 1966 and spent parts of 1967 and 1968 over there - nothing impressive about it.



well,at least you didn't go off to Canada so you must be quite brave.

 



__________________
Forgive any misspellings,English's not my mother tongue.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

When you look at the numbers of those who served not a whole lot went off to Canada.

Those who did really altered their entire lives.

I do not really think it was brave - just something you were forced to do at the time. Many countries like Israel still have required military service - I sometimes wonder what our country and the world would be like if it had not gotten rid of the draft. There is still talk of bringing it back as we have been stretched at times to have enough strength to cover all the bases.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1701
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

When you look at the numbers of those who served not a whole lot went off to Canada.

Those who did really altered their entire lives.

I do not really think it was brave - just something you were forced to do at the time. Many countries like Israel still have required military service - I sometimes wonder what our country and the world would be like if it had not gotten rid of the draft. There is still talk of bringing it back as we have been stretched at times to have enough strength to cover all the bases.



wow! i'm not sure about USA because there is always the chance to go on war with another country,unlike Greece which we still have the draft.
a few years back they were thinking to include women,i was scared sh-tless,thank goodness it didn't happened.
we've had many deaths over the years in the Greek army,some commited suicide and some were killed but its a long story,drugs may have been involved,or someone saw something that wasn't supossed to seeno

 



__________________
Forgive any misspellings,English's not my mother tongue.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

"or someone saw something that wasn't supossed to see"









What the heck does that mean?


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 676
Date:

Hello all. I think you are a hero Purple eater to have spent time in Vietnam. Tina, I am really glad the draft did not include women. Hope it never comes to that.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

Hey Tina doesn't Greece and Turkey have a lot of problems between the 2 countries?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1701
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

Hey Tina doesn't Greece and Turkey have a lot of problems between the 2 countries?



yeahfuriousfuriousthey just won't let us alone.
and of course we were under Turks for 400 years till 1821no

 



__________________
Forgive any misspellings,English's not my mother tongue.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1701
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

"or someone saw something that wasn't supossed to see"









What the heck does that mean?



i 'm not sure but there is a lot of talking about drug dealing,who knows who is really involved therehmmlike people high in the scale inside the military.

 



-- Edited by Country gal at 17:20, 2009-01-19

__________________
Forgive any misspellings,English's not my mother tongue.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Every military system has its scandals and problems.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

lulu wrote:

Hello all. I think you are a hero Purple eater to have spent time in Vietnam. Tina, I am really glad the draft did not include women. Hope it never comes to that.




 Thank you - my family has had lots of involvement in the the military - but I was only the 2d draftee - my dad was the first - in WWII - he had to spend 5 years almost in the service - I guess I was lucky to get by with a 2 year hitch.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

My dad used to always tell this story about when he came home for good in 1945 (I was born in 1944) the first thing I did was hit him in the head with my play mallet because he was a stranger to me then.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1701
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

My dad used to always tell this story about when he came home for good in 1945 (I was born in 1944) the first thing I did was hit him in the head with my play mallet because he was a stranger to me then.



wow,that speaks volumes what a war can do,cute thoughbiggrin

 



__________________
Forgive any misspellings,English's not my mother tongue.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:

Most countries due to small populations require a "draft"

The USA to me is still the best, in the days of old and today with the current volunteer military service. I went to to a base in Slovakia with a friend of mine, and he laughed about the way the soldiers are, the salutes at the gate were a perfect example of how serious they take it. People here do it for a reason. We have some of the finest people in uniform.

__________________
Shania - Modern Country Queen


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

I was drafted in 1966 and spent parts of 1967 and 1968 over there - nothing impressive about it.



My uncle was killed in Vietnam.  I never got to know him and we only found out how he really died a few years ago when an old buddy of his found my other uncle's name and e-mailed him and then they exchanged phone numbers and he told my uncle how he really died.  The government covered up the real reason for a long time and we never really knew the whole story.  It really helped hearing from someone who was actually there with him when he died.  Do not downplay your involvement.  It was a selfless act you serving over there and we all as free Americans owe a debt to all verterans and military personnel currently serving that we can never repay.  Be proud.  Whether you were forced to serve or whether you volunteered you did the bravest and the right thing.  I salute you as should everyone else and a big thanks to you for defending my right to have an opinion whether it's about how much I love Shania Twain or how much I love this country!!!
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto




__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Date:

Here's my story about military life.

The day my 16 year old son left school he made the decision to join the
British army. He went against our wish for him to choose a different career but he was adamant and enthusiastic.
So I did what I thought was best for him as his mother and I helped, supported and encouraged him to achieve his dream.
He passed all the various tests throughout the selection process and then passed through the 12 month training programme till he became a full soldier.
At this point on a visit home he told me that he had been told and seen things that he was warned never to tell his mother about. I shrugged it off and assumed he was dramatising. I never questioned him about it.
He then was sent to his regiment to take up a official role as a active soldier of the British army. It was during this period that my husband discovered that the twin towers could not have possibly collapsed in the manner in which our governments were telling us-he is a physicist-and that the war being fought in Iraq was an illegal war. We researched for two years as much as we could and this is when I discovered what my son had been told and seen. He had been forced to watch a film of real events that had happened. A film that I have seen for myself. This is not the place to disclose the contents of this film in detail but i can say it was shocking beyond belief!!!
It was about Innocent civilians, mostly women, children but some men too who were caught within a war zone. This is all I'm prepared to say about it on a Shania Twain fan site.
We fought a 12 month battle with the powers that be to release our son from his contract. We showcased our evidence and stated that we did not want our son to be a party to torture, war crimes and cold blooded murder.
It's too long a story to do it justice here but they tried their up most best to brainwash our son into believing he would be the one to commit treason should he persist in his desire to get out. Two give a couple of examples they threatened him with jail and told him his parents were crazy.
Between us all as a family we stood our ground, would not be pushed about and dictated to. He is out now, thank goodness, all the threats came to nothing in the end. They simply let him go so we would remain quiet. My husband won't give up though he is a battler, he has truth on his side and is determind to get justice for all the innocent victims, no matter what their race, of our treasonous government. My son is now happily doing a open university course, working within the IT sector and has a lovely girlfriend.
He is living his life and is happy and most importantly he is safe.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Tonto wrote:


This is way out there but I think it would be awesome to see this. My mom gave me the new Britney Spears Cd Circus for Christmas and I thought I should listen to it but I didn't want to unthrone my Shania to put Britney in because I felt like it would be disloyal to Shania anyway I thought I know I'll put it in my MP3 player but I won't ever listen to it because I always only listen to Shania so then I thought O.K. I'll just make a playlist of Shania and Britney together. So I did I put one Shania song and one Britney song and it was so cool together like that that I burned it to a Cd for my truck. Well it started the wheels turning and I thought wouldn't it be awesome if they actually sang a song toghether so I had this whole video of Shania and Britney dancing and singing in my head and singing this song like a duel or a challenge to each other and in my head it was totally awesome so I wrote this all down on paper to the tune of Britney's womanizer. Anyway I thought it was an awesome video but it was only in my head so I'll just post the song anyway. Hope you enjoy!!

Man-eater
Shania sings- Whyd you come in here lookin like that?
On Your rockin body theres not an ounce of fat
Flippin your blonde hair
Like you just dont care
With your designer jeans and your Merle Norman face
Attractin the attention of every man in the place
Yeah, youre a man-eater
You could turn any man into a steady cheater
Yeah baby, youre a man-eater
Man-eater, Man-eater why dont you take a hike
You always seem to find the kind of man I like
Man-eater, Man-eater shake it all night long
You let it all hang out to your favorite song
Man-eater, Man-eater dont you know that its not cool
To steal another womans man and make all the others
Drool
You know you got the power to make the rest of us
out to be fools

Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Im the one who can turn your steady man into a total
cheater
Yeah, Im a man-eater and tonight Im on the prowl
So all you other ladies might as well throw in the towel
When they play my favorite song, stop and watch me
dance
Thats when youll know you just dont stand a chance
In my designer jeans, wearin my designer perfume
Every head turns when I walk into the room
Im a man-eater and Im always on the hunt for a new man
So you better hold on to yours just as tight as you can
Yeah, Im a man-eater

These parts are sung at the same time to each other eye to eye while dancing like a duel.

Shania sings- Youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater
Shania sings- You can turn my steady man into a total cheater
Britney sings- Ill turn your steady man into a total cheater
Shania sings- Man-eater, man-eater you shake it all night long, you let
it all hang out to your
Favorite song, cause youre a man-eater
Britney sings- Im a man-eater!!
Shania sings- You're a man-eater!!

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto .







Just wanted to add another little something to read if you get bored as there is really no news right and deprivation syndrome is hitting like a ton of bricks for everyone.  Wrote this one while listening to Home Ain't where His heart is Anymore for the 29 quadrillionth time or however many times I have listened to it over the long almost Shanialess years.  Enjoy!!!

        He Dont Love Her With All His Heart Like Before



First he takes off his wedding band



Then he gives in to the touch of someone elses soft and tender hands



At first he found it hard to construct his web of lies



As he hid the truth from her behind this new disguise



Hoping no one especially her would ever discover



That in his heart he had fallen for another



He dont love her with all his heart like before



He dont call just to say her loves her anymore



He dont run to see her when he comes through the door



No he dont love her with all his heart like before



He dont call just to say he loves her anymore



He only calls to say hes working overtime



So she goes on trying to convince herself everything is just fine



But she just cant stop the questions in her mind



When she finds a number in his pocket that she doesnt recognize



She asks him about it and then she sees it in his eyes



He dont love her with all his heart like before



And he dont call just to say he loves her anymore



He dont run to see her when he comes through the door



So she closes her eyes and wishes herself back to when they had just met



To a time when the hurt and lies hadnt started yet



As the tears stat to fall her heart is filled with all the anger and regret



As she realizes he dont love her with all his heart like before



He dont call to just to say he loves her anymore



No he dont love her with all his heart like before



Thought I'd add a little something to look at also!!!
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto


 

-- Edited by Tonto at 09:37, 2009-02-21

Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Here is another one for you to read when you get bored and have nothing better to do.  I wrote this one in response to I'm jealous.  Shania did it better but she inspired this one from me.  Thanks for the inspiration,



                            More Than the Moon

    When I looked into your eyes
    Thats when I realized 
    I love you more than the moon would miss the stars up in the sky
    I love you more than the sun would miss the clouds passing by
    I know that we can make it work, lets give it one more try
    Dont throw away the love we built together
    Lets get it back on track and make it last forever
    Dont leave me standing here all alone
    To believe that all my hope is gone
    Lets go make love sweet and tender
    Come on baby give in to our love and just surrender
    Close your eyes and just remember
    I love you more than the moon would miss the stars up in the sky
    I love you more than the sun would miss the clouds passing by
   Dont give in and let this go too far
   Take your suitcases out of the car
   Come back inside and lets make this work
   Im sorry I was such a jerk
   I think of you with every breath
   Come back to me Im scared to death
   Lets go make love sweet and tender
   Come on baby give in to our love and just surrender
   Close your eyes and just remember
   I love you more than the moon would miss the stars up in the sky
   I love you more than the sun would miss the clouds passing by
   Baby please don't let our love die
   Cause I would miss you more than the moon would miss the stars up in the sky


Warmest regards as always,
Tonto
 





 





-- Edited by Tonto at 14:05, 2009-02-23

-- Edited by Tonto at 14:06, 2009-02-23

-- Edited by Tonto at 14:06, 2009-02-23

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 676
Date:

Tonto, you are a great talent. Thanx for posting

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 460
Date:

Tonto wrote:


  This topic is in resonse to Bobby saying that we are not creative enough on this site so here goes my attempt at creativity.  Please feel free to post your creativeness anytime. It would be nice to keep it clean and keep it Shania related.
 


Shania Song Titles in a Love Story



I called my friend Juanita on the phone to say Home Aint where his heart is Anymore and she told me to ask him Whose bed have your boots been under? And he replied No one needs to know right now, what made you say that? I told him that The Woman in me needs the man in you, forever and for always and that When I think of him with another Im Jealous. I also told him that when he says to me Youre still the one, I bite my lip and say to him I aint gonna eat out my heart anymore and he said Dont give me that. Then he headed for the door and I said Whatever you do, dont go but his love gets me every time so I grabbed him by the hand and said Dont be stupid, you know I love you, youve got a hold on me, you know youve got a way with me. He looked at me and said Dont give me those luv eyes and think that God aint gonna getcha for that always accusing me of being wild and wicked, then he smiled and said Looks like leavin is the only way out so if youre not in it for love Im outta here. So he left and didnt come home that night. So I called him up and I said Its alright know this suspicion is why you hate to love, but then he hung up the phone and I said What a way to wanna be he didnt want to hear my apology. So I decided it was time for me to say cest la vie to his cheatin ways. Now Im here all alone and my tears are rainin on our love. So I sat down with pen in hand to write Amneriss letter to say goodbye to him. Then my friend Juanita called to ask how I was and I told her It only hurts when Im breathing and that Im sill under the weather over you. She asked me if Id do it all again and I said Nah, it wasnt worth the heartache and I asked her if there was life after love and she told me that Im holdin on to love to save my life and that I needed to get out and have some fun so she asked me to go with her to a dance. We went to the dance and I saw him there dancing with another girl and I thought to myself Lady when he leaves you youre gonna cry a million tears.



He walked up to me as I was dancing by myself to the tune of Man! I feel like a woman and he thought he could pull off the crime of the century by convincing me to dance with him and I looked right at him and said You need to go back where you came from and dance with the one that brought you and forget me. Then when he didnt leave I said Waiter! Bring me water and I looked at him with the glass of water in my hand and said If you dont get outta here now Im gonna getcha good! So he went back to dancing with that other girl and I sat down at a table to have a drink and then in walked a new guy. He came over to where I was sitting and looked me up and down and I said to him Dont give me that once over. And he said Come on baby lets rock this country! So we started dancing and he was smiling so pretty that I told him Id like to take you home where we could have a party for two. He smiled at me and said Im not in the mood to say no so we headed to my car. He opened the door on the passengers side and motioned for me to get in and said Give me the keys and I looked at him and said I dont think so baby, in my car Ill be the driver. So I hopped in on the drivers side and he got in on the passengers side and down the road we went. I looked into my rearview mirror to see headlights flashin me. So I pulled over to find that old cheatin boyfriend of mine. I rolled down the window cause I wanted to see what he had to say. He smiled at me and said From this moment on I want you to know I wont leave you lonely ever again. I realize now that I lost my heart when I found you, you win my love and Ill always regret that I wasnt there for you when you needed me. So I looked at him and said Well its about time but that dont impress me much and there aint no particular way Ill consider takin you back! He shook his head and said I aint gonna give up on you cause I aint no quitter and I realize now that if it dont take two and thats me and you it aint worth going through. I rolled my eyes at him knowing that it was all just one of his lines and I said Its a little too late to say that now.



Next time dont let me be the last to know and then I pealed out squalling tires and left him standing in a cloud of smoke but I heard him say Now I know shes not just a pretty face shes got everything it takes but I wont give up I aint going down I wont give up on two hearts one love with someone else. I drove my new boyfriend to his house and walked him to the door. He put his arms around me and I could tell he wanted to kiss me so I looked him in the eyes and said to him Any man of mine better walk softly on the bridges cause Ive been down this road before and although I really wanna get to know you that good I dont want to get hurt that way again. He smiled and said I understand and he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen and wrote his number on my hand. Then he said Call me when you are feelin down and Ill be there to help pick you up! So I said Ill see you later. Then I got in my car and drove home. The very next night I was feelin lonely so I dialed my new guys number and he said Honey Im home, come on over. So I got in my car and drove over to his house. When I arrived he had the radio on and was dancing to the song thank you baby for making someday come so soon. So I started dancing with him and out of the blue I kissed him and he looked at me and said Whyd you do that? and I just smiled and said The rhythm made me do it. He just smiled at me and said Only a woman like you can make me feel the way the way I do when you kiss me, baby youre too hot to handle. We were dancing and it was feeling so good and I knew what he was thinking so I said with a smile If you wanna touch her, ask. So he smiled and asked Can I touch you here and send it with love and then he gently touched my heart. Then I said to myself I think Im in love, oh no there goes the neighborhood. As we continued dancing to the song Half breed he looked into my eyes and said You lay a whole lotta love on me. For so long it was raining in my heart and now since I met you, this once haunted heart is heavy on the sunshine.



So I looked at him and said I understand how you feel because for so long I was looking at love through black eyes blue tears. Then he kissed me and Ka Ching! My heart knew this was meant to be.



Now over a year and a half later were both loving and feeling God bless the child that is a part of both of us

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto







NOW! THAT'S THE MOST CREATIVE POST I'VE SEEN ON THIS SITE,YET! KOOL!  


         

 



-- Edited by chaosinc at 13:33, 2009-02-24

__________________

Don't mind me,I'm just here!!!!! 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Thanks!! That one took a while but once I started I couldn't stop. I missed a few songs but I got most of them. I wish someone else would post something for us to read. It's a little boring around here!!
WArmest regards as always,
Tonto


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 460
Date:

    Tonto wrote:

Thanks!! That one took a while but once I started I couldn't stop. I missed a few songs but I got most of them. I wish someone else would post something for us to read. It's a little boring around here!!
WArmest regards as always,
Tonto

  


          Couldn't have said it better,Tonto! Not to mention rediculously stupid! 

 I'm So BoredRaise The Roof 1Famous 36





sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNfox000



__________________

Don't mind me,I'm just here!!!!! 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

We are not all gifted with your creativity Tontita!

__________________
1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard