Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Shania hopes to return to Las Vegas, extends 'Rock This Country' tour, talks new album


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:
Shania hopes to return to Las Vegas, extends 'Rock This Country' tour, talks new album


Robin Leach @Robin_Leach
Host of VegasDeluxe.com for 24/7 breaking news of everything hot and happening in Las Vegas

Is @ShaniaTwain extending current tour & thinking about a Vegas return? My exclusive backstage San Diego interview later 2day at VegasDeLuxe

11:24 AM ET - 23 Aug 15

http://twitter.com/Robin_Leach

----------------------------

Robin Leach @Robin_Leach

th_shania-rockthiscountrytour-sandiego082215-26.jpg

@ShaniaTwain at full blast in SanDiego concert -thrilling news for fans in exclusive VegasDeLuxe intervu later 2day

12:11 PM ET - 23 Aug 15

http://twitter.com/Robin_Leach

-----------------------------

Robin Leach @Robin_Leach

th_shania-rockthiscountrytour-sandiego082215-robinleach.jpg

Backstage in San Diego w/ @ShaniaTwain celebrating our joint birthdays & getting exclusive news about Vegas return

12:17 PM ET - 23 Aug 15

http://twitter.com/Robin_Leach



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:
New Shania interview with Robin Leach - Later today


Robin Leach @Robin_Leach

th_shania-rockthiscountrytour-sandiego082215-tourmap.jpg

While waiting for @ShaniaTwain interview at Vegas DeLuxe here's her tour map routing made by Caesars Palace friends.

8:24 PM ET - 23 Aug 15

http://twitter.com/Robin_Leach

------------------------------

Robin Leach @Robin_Leach

th_shania-rockthiscountrytour-sandiego082215-45.jpg

And a Johanna Thiebaud photo from @ShaniaTwain concert in San Diego. The neon graphics did impress- very much!

8:27 PM ET - 23 Aug 15

http://twitter.com/Robin_Leach



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Robin Leach @Robin_Leach

I promise Twitter fans that @VDLXEditorDon Chareunsy will post the @ShaniaTwain story asap tonight. He is on vacation!

9:50 PM ET - 23 Aug 15

http://twitter.com/Robin_Leach



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Shania Twain hopes to return to Las Vegas, extends ‘Rock This Country Tour’

By Robin Leach | Vegas Deluxe | August 24, 2015

SAN DIEGO — Former country rock Caesars Palace superstar Shania Twain celebrates her 50th birthday this week, yet looks and acts half her age with extraordinary, nonstop and nearly 2-hour vitality for her “Rock This Country” Tour.

At San Diego’s Valley View Casino Center on Saturday night, she dazzled with a humdinger of a knockout, power-punch concert. Rockers in their 20s wish that they had her enthusiasm and energy.

Backstage afterward, as we share birthdays one day apart (Aug. 28 and 29), Shania had champagne and two bombshell birthday announcements for me:

* Her current U.S. and Canadian tour won’t be ending in a goodbye.

* She’s decided that a 2-year return residency to Las Vegas is back in her plans.

It was our first interview since last December at Caesars when she talked about the possible tour.

“The tour is tiring, but I’m loving it. It’s become far more meaningful than I thought it would be. So many young people are turning out. We are getting an interesting cross-section of people in our audiences that makes it really great.

“Twenty years ago, I had parents bringing their kids, and now they’ve become grown-up college kids and bringing their parents my age. I love watching the people and their reactions while I’m onstage singing to them.

“It’s going so well that I’ve decided I’d like to extend it. I’m not ready to stop. We’re already talking about going onto Europe at some point.“

Shania’s glitzy, pyrotechnic-filled show in San Diego was her first here in 11 years and the 47th of the now extended to 75 that will end in October in her home country of Canada.

“All of my friends at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas gave me a map showing the first leg in red, and now we’ve added a new marker line in orange for the new American and Canadian cities,” she said showing me a photo of the travel itinerary.

Her tour with 15 equipment trucks for sound, lighting, video and rigging equipment includes 100 people in crew buses and her silver bus. Production officials hire another 200 in crew at each stop along the route.

“First, I have to finish the new album this fall. Six tracks are already completed. I’ve written 38 songs in total, and now the process is underway to narrow that down to another six or eight to finish recording.” It would be her first album since 2002’s “Up.”

“Then Europe and maybe add on Asia, Australia and New Zealand. I have to take it phase by phase. But the ideal scenario is to come back to Las Vegas. I’d like to return to Las Vegas and do another couple of years in a residency.

“Las Vegas and the run at Caesars Palace turned out to be a nice surprise in that we liked Las Vegas so much. Everybody was so nice there. There was always lots to do there. We felt very comfortable living there.

“It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. It was very successful all the way around. I was so nervous about opening there. I think I over-rehearsed to calm my nerves.”

Her two-year run at Caesars Palace ended last December. On Sunday night, Shania performed in Fresno, Calif., and then flew directly through the night to her home in the Bahamas.

“I’ll get home by 7 a.m. Monday with about one hour to spare to put my son into the start of the new school year. I’ll have time to change — but maybe still in my stage makeup,” she added.

“We have 2 1/2 weeks off, but my voice is sounding so strong I want to continue singing. On Wednesday, we’ll start recording the remaining next album songs before resuming the tour in mid-September.” (Sept. 12 in Spokane, Sept. 13 in Portland and Sept. 15 in Boise.)

After it wraps Oct. 22 in Prince George, B.C., she’ll complete the album and prepare for Europe. “We could return to Las Vegas next fall, 2016 or early 2017. I would be very happy to be back in Las Vegas,” the top-selling female artist confirmed.

“This tour has been a real celebration reuniting with fans in their own hometowns. That’s something I hadn’t done for a decade. This is the most dynamic show we’ve ever done, completely different from our Las Vegas run.”

The concert is a fiery, rock-themed assault from the get-go, with the seven young members of her six-man, one-woman band raising the roof with G-Force as she opens atop an illuminated glass rising 30-foot platform The opening fireworks and lighting are so insanely bright, blazing and blinding, she wears red-tinted sunglasses for the first number.

“It’s really hot with the explosions. Everybody scrambles to hit their marks so that we’re in front of the flames. Fortunately, the heat goes straight up.”

She continued: “It’s been very rewarding in that we’ve been able to donate $1 from every ticket sold to our Shania Kids Can charity, and we’ve already added two more schools to the program in cities we’ve been to, another one in the next two months and probably two more before it draws to a close.”

The eye-popping computer graphics of the two illuminated neon tigers towered over her for one number and the videomontage of her posed in numerous red outfits as if they were fashion pages torn from Vogue were sensational.

It was all truly fantastic, and as longtime San Diego Union-Tribune music writer George Varga noted: “Enough to make a KISS gig seem almost understated by comparison.”

Gavin DeGraw was her rip-roaring opening act here and joined her midway through her set for an explosive “Party for Two” duet, which she originally recorded with Billy Currington.

She didn’t disappoint fans who came for her hits that include “That Don’t Impress Me Much,” “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under,” “Still the One,” “Come on Over,” “From This Moment On” and the encore with “Man! I Feel Like a Woman.”

At one point, she mounted a brightly colored horse saddle and atop a rotating crane “flew” skyward almost into the arena rafters above the cheering crowd. She also waded into the audience guarded by four strong security guards aboard a rolling, glass-enclosed cart — call it the Shaniamobile victory lap!

She grabbed an iPhone attached to the end of a selfie stick to sing “Any Man of Mine” as she traversed the arena with the video broadcast on the large, above-stage screens.

The noise was deafening — almost louder than the explosion two days earlier in Los Angeles that had brought her concert to a standstill three songs short of the end.

“I’m just thankful that I wasn’t up on the saddle when the power failed. I’d have been stuck 60 feet up in the air. I have no idea how I would have gotten down. I’m buckled in up there, but I could have been left hanging, take off my boots and get down on a fireman’s rope ladder!

“Be assured that we had a technical meeting the next morning to discuss how we’d deal with that emergency if it ever happened again,” she laughed.

Shania brings glamour to the production with that fierce mane of blonde hair, dazzling Rolling Stones and AC/DC shirts, black fringe leather jacket, short shorts and four changes of thigh-high leather boots.

She’s as leggy as a flamingo and shows off her gorgeous gams changing into an almost one-piece, S&M-style, high-cut, sparkling sequined swimsuit with strategically placed shiny metal for her sexiest-ever encore performance.

I loved her “No One Needs to Know.” I loved her giving the band a break for her to sit alone on the edge of the stage to sing while she played her guitar. But most of all, I loved “ I Ain’t No Quitter.” She proved that in Las Vegas resuming after a nine-year absence when she literally lost her voice, and she proved it again Saturday night in San Diego.

The Queen of Country Pop suffered from dysphonia after her husband had an affair with her best girlfriend. They divorced, and she wound up being consoled by the girlfriend’s husband, Frederic Thiebaud, who went on to marry her.

With a promise to extend her tour and now a hoped-for return to Las Vegas, she summed up for me as we toasted each other with birthday champagne: “I’m having the time of my life. I’m in good spirits and having so much fun.”

There’s no way that this femme fatale is calling it quits even though she’s about to start her next 50 years. This is no longer her big farewell tour.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2015/aug/24/shania-twain-hopes-return-las-vegas-extends-rock-t/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 501
Date:
Shania hopes to return to Las Vegas, extends 'Rock This Country' tour, talks new album


Raise your hands if you ever believed just for a minute that this would really have been her last tour.
But I'm happy about it and even more about the album.
I hope she'll add one of those six songs on the setlist during the second leg.



__________________

Things I always thought were strange, aren't that strange at all

All in all



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that. I am thinking she has been surprised at the numbers that have turned out to see her in concert. She was thinking that it had been so long she wouldn't be that huge of a draw and went ahead and said this would be her farewell but then saw the numbers of people she was getting and decided to ride the wave as long as she can. I guess she thought everyone had forgotten her or something or that all her fans had latched onto other artists and wouldn't be there for her...I guess she got pleasantly fooled. I am glad that she is reconsidering all the no more live performing although she can still change her mind on everything that is who she is and we as longtime fans know this so who knows...but prematurely I will say that I had a feeling she would not stick to her plans with the live performing. She seems to love people watching too much to just stop...although she does need to work on her interactions with the crowds on stage...still seems a bit awkward with that for some reason.  Also with the VIP stuff she needs to do more on that.  She needs to be more involved and make it more fun for the people who paid the extra money to do that package.  The stuff you get is great but what fans really want is interaction time.  Even if it's only to stop in and say Hi to each person.  She can limit the numbers if nothing else and just get a little more personal with the people who are willing to pay.  Make it an evening they'll not soon forget if they are willing to pay.

Just my thoughts,
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Tonto wrote:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that.


Sometimes Shania talks just to talk and tells people what they want to hear. Last year when she was wrapping up her Vegas show she told Robin Leach she'd be back this September and October. She knew that wasn't going to happen because she had a tour in the works. So a return to Vegas is very iffy in my opinion.

As far as the Europe tour (probably next Summer), if she plans on releasing her new album anytime soon that means she would have to perform the songs off the new album. So Europe would get to see her perform the new album while the U.S. and Canada didn't??? Doesn't make sense. Plus it would basically be a whole "new" tour instead of an "extension" of this one. Makes me the think the new album is still further off than what Shania is letting on.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that.


Sometimes Shania talks just to talk and tells people what they want to hear. Last year when she was wrapping up her Vegas show she told Robin Leach she'd be back this September and October. She knew that wasn't going to happen because she had a tour in the works. So a return to Vegas is very iffy in my opinion.

As far as the Europe tour (probably next Summer), if she plans on releasing her new album anytime soon that means she would have to perform the songs off the new album. So Europe would get to see her perform the new album while the U.S. and Canada didn't??? Doesn't make sense. Plus it would basically be a whole "new" tour instead of an "extension" of this one. Makes me the think the new album is still further off than what Shania is letting on.


 Actually her agent told Billboard that they are negotiating to tour internationally in the spring and summer of next year. And Shania she already has 6 tracks completed and will finish album this fall.  So i think she will release it early next year before she goes to Europe in the spring. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was released this November or December but i doubt that.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

I'm not holding my breath for the album (though I do HOPE it happens sooner rather than later). But I think we'll be lucky if we get to hear one new song live. Shan has been really hesitant to perform anything but "the hits" for some reason, and I think she'll stick to that.

__________________

"I'm a maker of love songs! A chanteuse!" - Shannie



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

HumbleKevy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that.


Sometimes Shania talks just to talk and tells people what they want to hear. Last year when she was wrapping up her Vegas show she told Robin Leach she'd be back this September and October. She knew that wasn't going to happen because she had a tour in the works. So a return to Vegas is very iffy in my opinion.

As far as the Europe tour (probably next Summer), if she plans on releasing her new album anytime soon that means she would have to perform the songs off the new album. So Europe would get to see her perform the new album while the U.S. and Canada didn't??? Doesn't make sense. Plus it would basically be a whole "new" tour instead of an "extension" of this one. Makes me the think the new album is still further off than what Shania is letting on.


 Actually her agent told Billboard that they are negotiating to tour internationally in the spring and summer of next year. And Shania she already has 6 tracks completed and will finish album this fall.  So i think she will release it early next year before she goes to Europe in the spring. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was released this November or December but i doubt that.


So again, she's going to do a brand new tour next year in Europe with songs from a new album??? Doesn't make sense! Why would she do that for Europe and not for the U.S. and Canada??? If she is that close to finishing the album then why didn't she finish it this year, release it in the Fall/Winter, and then go on tour performing the new album for EVERYONE. That's what music artists do.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:

Tommy wrote:
HumbleKevy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that.


Sometimes Shania talks just to talk and tells people what they want to hear. Last year when she was wrapping up her Vegas show she told Robin Leach she'd be back this September and October. She knew that wasn't going to happen because she had a tour in the works. So a return to Vegas is very iffy in my opinion.

As far as the Europe tour (probably next Summer), if she plans on releasing her new album anytime soon that means she would have to perform the songs off the new album. So Europe would get to see her perform the new album while the U.S. and Canada didn't??? Doesn't make sense. Plus it would basically be a whole "new" tour instead of an "extension" of this one. Makes me the think the new album is still further off than what Shania is letting on.


 Actually her agent told Billboard that they are negotiating to tour internationally in the spring and summer of next year. And Shania she already has 6 tracks completed and will finish album this fall.  So i think she will release it early next year before she goes to Europe in the spring. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was released this November or December but i doubt that.


So again, she's going to do a brand new tour next year in Europe with songs from a new album??? Doesn't make sense! Why would she do that for Europe and not for the U.S. and Canada??? If she is that close to finishing the album then why didn't she finish it this year, release it in the Fall/Winter, and then go on tour performing the new album for EVERYONE. That's what music artists do.


 Shania never makes sense lol



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

HumbleKevy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
HumbleKevy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that.


Sometimes Shania talks just to talk and tells people what they want to hear. Last year when she was wrapping up her Vegas show she told Robin Leach she'd be back this September and October. She knew that wasn't going to happen because she had a tour in the works. So a return to Vegas is very iffy in my opinion.

As far as the Europe tour (probably next Summer), if she plans on releasing her new album anytime soon that means she would have to perform the songs off the new album. So Europe would get to see her perform the new album while the U.S. and Canada didn't??? Doesn't make sense. Plus it would basically be a whole "new" tour instead of an "extension" of this one. Makes me the think the new album is still further off than what Shania is letting on.


 Actually her agent told Billboard that they are negotiating to tour internationally in the spring and summer of next year. And Shania she already has 6 tracks completed and will finish album this fall.  So i think she will release it early next year before she goes to Europe in the spring. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was released this November or December but i doubt that.


So again, she's going to do a brand new tour next year in Europe with songs from a new album??? Doesn't make sense! Why would she do that for Europe and not for the U.S. and Canada??? If she is that close to finishing the album then why didn't she finish it this year, release it in the Fall/Winter, and then go on tour performing the new album for EVERYONE. That's what music artists do.


 Shania never makes sense lol


I still don't think that is what she is gong to do. I think a new album is still way, way off. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

I may stand alone but I actually like how the timing has worked out. The public's perception and popular opinion are very important for an artist. I'm 20 and in the middle of the digital age, and any given Instagram account I follow or one of their friends (or their friends of friends etc) have posted about Shania on tour this summer. There was also a tweet that went viral recently in Canada: "The dollar is worth 70 cents. Shania Twain is on tour. The Blue Jays are in first place. You damn millennials actually brought the 90s back." Basically what I'm saying is, her ability to sellout stadiums has made her more relevant than her ability to sellout Vegas. And with that relevance, a new Shania Twain single will get more attention than it would've otherwise gotten. Plus all the local radio stations in the cities she played will give it more love. I think as the new single and new album roll out, she'll adapt the set list a little, but Rock This Country will always be a hits-heavy show. And if she does decide to bookend this show with another Vegas residency, then that'll be her opportunity to play new material for American audiences. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

aj1995 wrote:

I may stand alone but I actually like how the timing has worked out. The public's perception and popular opinion are very important for an artist. I'm 20 and in the middle of the digital age, and any given Instagram account I follow or one of their friends (or their friends of friends etc) have posted about Shania on tour this summer. There was also a tweet that went viral recently in Canada: "The dollar is worth 70 cents. Shania Twain is on tour. The Blue Jays are in first place. You damn millennials actually brought the 90s back." Basically what I'm saying is, her ability to sellout stadiums has made her more relevant than her ability to sellout Vegas. And with that relevance, a new Shania Twain single will get more attention than it would've otherwise gotten. Plus all the local radio stations in the cities she played will give it more love. I think as the new single and new album roll out, she'll adapt the set list a little, but Rock This Country will always be a hits-heavy show. And if she does decide to bookend this show with another Vegas residency, then that'll be her opportunity to play new material for American audiences. 


 Very astute observation.



__________________
bobsmith


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 661
Date:

Tommy wrote:
HumbleKevy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
HumbleKevy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tonto wrote:

Hi,
Doesn't say here if she will do an all new Vegas show or if it will be the Rock this Country tour on the Vegas stage or will she do an all new show for the new album...I guess we will wait and see on those details. I hope I can go to see her in Vegas. I knew she would be going to Europe and other countries with this one. There was never any doubt about that.


Sometimes Shania talks just to talk and tells people what they want to hear. Last year when she was wrapping up her Vegas show she told Robin Leach she'd be back this September and October. She knew that wasn't going to happen because she had a tour in the works. So a return to Vegas is very iffy in my opinion.

As far as the Europe tour (probably next Summer), if she plans on releasing her new album anytime soon that means she would have to perform the songs off the new album. So Europe would get to see her perform the new album while the U.S. and Canada didn't??? Doesn't make sense. Plus it would basically be a whole "new" tour instead of an "extension" of this one. Makes me the think the new album is still further off than what Shania is letting on.


 Actually her agent told Billboard that they are negotiating to tour internationally in the spring and summer of next year. And Shania she already has 6 tracks completed and will finish album this fall.  So i think she will release it early next year before she goes to Europe in the spring. I would be pleasantly surprised if it was released this November or December but i doubt that.


So again, she's going to do a brand new tour next year in Europe with songs from a new album??? Doesn't make sense! Why would she do that for Europe and not for the U.S. and Canada??? If she is that close to finishing the album then why didn't she finish it this year, release it in the Fall/Winter, and then go on tour performing the new album for EVERYONE. That's what music artists do.


 Shania never makes sense lol


I still don't think that is what she is gong to do. I think a new album is still way, way off. 


 She's always keeping her options open. She likes having wiggle room when it comes to her plans.  If something better comes along then the original plan is toast.

Just my opinion,

Warmest regards as always,

Tonto

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Shania Twain on Extending 2015 Rock This Country Tour, Return to Las Vegas

By Gayle Thompson | The Boot | August 31, 2015 11:18 AM

Shania Twain is back, and she’s better than ever. After a successful two-year run in Las Vegas, with her Shania: Still the One show at Caesars Palace, the 50-year-old embarked on what was supposed to be her farewell 2015 Rock This Country Tour, but now she hints that she isn’t ready to ride off into the sunset anytime soon.

“I’m having the time of my life. I’m in good spirits and having so much fun,” Twain tells the Las Vegas Sun. “It’s going so well that I’ve decided I’d like to extend it. I’m not ready to stop. We’re already talking about going onto Europe at some point.“

Twain originally planned to wrap up her tour on Aug. 23 in Fresno, Calif., before announcing her first extension in May.

“This tour has been a real celebration reuniting with fans in their own hometowns. That’s something I hadn’t done for a decade. This is the most dynamic show we’ve ever done, completely different from our Las Vegas run.”

Now, the Canadian is scheduling her shows overseas, and hints she may also make a return to Sin City as well.

“[We'll go to] Europe and maybe add on Asia, Australia and New Zealand,” she reveals. “I have to take it phase by phase. But the ideal scenario is to come back to Las Vegas. I’d like to return to Las Vegas and do another couple of years in a residency.”

Twain, who is also putting the finishing touches on her new album, her first set of tunes since Up! was released in 2002, says her busy schedule is exhausting, but she wouldn’t have it any other way.

“The tour is tiring, but I’m loving it,” she says. “It’s become far more meaningful than I thought it would be. So many young people are turning out. We are getting an interesting cross-section of people in our audiences that makes it really great.”

“Twenty years ago, I had parents bringing their kids, and now they’ve become grown-up college kids and bringing their parents my age. I love watching the people and their reactions while I’m onstage singing to them.”

A list of all of Twain’s upcoming shows are available on her website.

http://theboot.com/shania-twain-tour-to-las-vegas/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Shania Twain Plots Another Tour Extension and Las Vegas Residency

While her farewell trek continues to grow, the superstar plans another run in Sin City

By Beville Dunkerley | Rolling Stone | September 1, 2015

"Right now I feel as if I'll be satisfied after the tour to not perform anymore," Shania Twain told Rolling Stone Country back in June before kicking off her Rock This Country trek — the superstar's first tour in 11 years and what is pegged as her last. But now that she's in the middle of her farewell travels, it seems she's changed her mind.

"I'm having the time of my life," Twain tells the Las Vegas Sun, in an interview that reveals she's now plotting two big moves: a tour extension into Europe (and possibly other countries) and another Sin City residency. The country-pop phenom, who turned 50 last week, is currently crossing the U.S. and Canada with an elaborate stage show that includes horses, fireworks, aerial theatrics — and, of course, the genre-defying hits that made her the biggest-selling solo female artist in country music history. She's already extended the itinerary once, adding 19 shows to the original lineup, and is now looking to add dates across the globe.

"It’s become far more meaningful than I thought it would be. . . I’m not ready to stop," she says. "We’re already talking about going onto Europe at some point . . . and maybe add on Asia, Australia and New Zealand. I have to take it phase by phase."

But when this current leg of the tour ends October 22nd in Prince George, British Columbia, the next phase of Twain's big comeback will be finishing an album. She has written 38 songs for the project and is now narrowing them down and recording them during breaks from the road. The upcoming LP will be her first set of new songs since the 2002 double-disc, Up!

"After all those years it's been a real learning curve," she tells Rolling Stone Country of crafting the new music. "I was very reluctant to get started, and I put it off for a long time because of that. I was concerned about how comfortable I would feel, and questioning myself too. A lot of self-doubt. Can I do it? Are they going to like what I'm doing? A lot of thought went into it and probably a lot of over-thinking, too. But now that it's rolling, it's just very exciting and they are loving the songs."

After the album and tour wrap, Twain says her "ideal scenario" is to return to Las Vegas for another residency. Her two years at Caesars Palace ended last December, and she's hoping to start another run there by fall of 2016 or early 2017. It's a move sparked by how much fun she's having with her Rock This Country tour, along with the joys of giving back to her fans. . . and to people in need. One dollar from every ticket sold on the current tour goes to Shania Kids Can, a non-profit organization that funds school initiatives to help underprivileged kids live up to their potential.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/shania-twain-plots-another-tour-extension-and-las-vegas-residency-20150901



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Back on April 18, Wes Mack made a couple posts on Twitter and Instagram. It's hard to say if he is talking about going back on tour with Shania or just out on his own. Possibly the European tour Shania talked about in an interview last year? We'll see! Although you would think Shania would have announced it by now and have tickets on-sale.

Wes Mack @WesMackMusic

th_shania-rockthiscountrytour-wesmack041816.jpg

Throwback to last summer Rocking this Country with @ShaniaTwain and all of you ||| can't wait for this summer!!!

9:04 PM ET - 18 Apr 16

http://twitter.com/WesMackMusic

---------------------------------

Wes Mack @WesMackMusic

th_shania-rockthiscountrytour-wesmack041816.jpg

Throwback to last summer on tour with @shaniatwain and the most fun I've ever had onstage ||| looking forward to getting out on the road with all of you again this summer ||| more announcements to come. Thx for continuing to give me this shot!!! #RockThisCountry

18 Apr 16

http://instagram.com/wesmackmusic



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8879
Date:

Well, we know this isn't happening. "After it [RTC tour] wraps Oct. 22 in Prince George, B.C., she’ll complete the album and prepare for Europe. “We could return to Las Vegas next fall, 2016 or early 2017. I would be very happy to be back in Las Vegas,” the top-selling female artist confirmed."

Maybe she'll go back to Vegas at some point.

Shania Kids Can

th_shaniakidscan-stagedoortransportation092016.jpg th_shania-vegas-stilltheone-motorcycle4.jpg

Shania Kids Can Foundation is thankful to Stage Door Transportation for their generosity in transporting Shania’s iconic bike from the Vegas show to Canada. Thanks for the safe and speedy transfer – we were grateful to be in good hands and the Foundation is thankful for your support.

3:07 PM ET - 20 Sep 16

http://www.facebook.com/shaniakidscan



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard