Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)

Please continue posting below...



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

#ShaniaNOW right NOW at @BNEventsGrove

Video - https://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain/status/913938149402845184

9:26 PM ET - 29 Sep 17

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

ShaniaNOW #1

On the average, Shania is charting at #2-3 spots digitally. However, she is consistently at #1 for physical sales. Pre-order for about several months + tour bundle. 

I hope predictions were true that she headed for #1 in Billboard 200 this week. 



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:

Currently #2 on U.S. iTunes...

https://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/albums/



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:
New Album


Would vinyls be counted in physical album sales?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Nash wrote:

ShaniaNOW #1

On the average, Shania is charting at #2-3 spots digitally. However, she is consistently at #1 for physical sales. Pre-order for about several months + tour bundle. 

I hope predictions were true that she headed for #1 in Billboard 200 this week. 


If she is number one on the Billboard 200 she is automatically the number one country album on the country charts too. Which should wake up Nashville right? Do you think she is going to be above the 900,000 mark or 100,000 marks? Would this be the best-selling album debut this year? Would this give her another Billboard award? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 122
Date:
New Album


Is it safe to say that Shania's label finally released Swingin' to country radio today following the album release and the music video?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Gigi wrote:

Is it safe to say that Shania's label finally released Swingin' to country radio today following the album release and the music video?


 I think so but let see where it charts. I think she was wise to release it today so it can get some momentum on the charts esp the country radio charts. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:
New Album


Side note: Roll Me On The River is a masterpiece.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Terry wrote:

Would vinyls be counted in physical album sales?


Yes. It should be.

I think NOW (Deluxe) and NOW (Regular) should be counted as 2 in any physical platform. 😊



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

DivaDewdHote wrote:
Nash wrote:

ShaniaNOW #1

On the average, Shania is charting at #2-3 spots digitally. However, she is consistently at #1 for physical sales. Pre-order for about several months + tour bundle. 

I hope predictions were true that she headed for #1 in Billboard 200 this week. 


If she is number one on the Billboard 200 she is automatically the number one country album on the country charts too. Which should wake up Nashville right? Do you think she is going to be above the 900,000 mark or 100,000 marks? Would this be the best-selling album debut this year? Would this give her another Billboard award? 


No doubt that she will go straight to Country Charts #1. On what I had read, the average is around 100k-200k. Not sure if she is the best selling album of the year because Taylor Swift might be. Billboard and Grammy nominations is possible. Let's keep our fingers crossed. 😊



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:
New Album


I just saw on iTunes where "Soldier" is number 98 on the country songs chart. It's doing better than "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed"! I'm sure she'll release that as a single.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Terry wrote:

Would vinyls be counted in physical album sales?


 Yes! And in the vinyl category she has been top 5 for a while before release. I think her first week sales are going to be between 125.000 and 150.000 more then enough for that #1



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
New Album


tasteofcountry.com/category/taste-of-country-video-countdown/

Let's support our queen and vote for the video. Simply scroll down the page and click twice. You can vote every hour :)

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Now Digipak & Booklet Scan:

 



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

LJ-R wrote:

tasteofcountry.com/category/taste-of-country-video-countdown/

Let's support our queen and vote for the video. Simply scroll down the page and click twice. You can vote every hour :)


 

I just did it! We have to push that beautiful video!

Any news about SMEC adds by country radios?

LATGG is still improvin' in AC chart ;)



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 122
Date:
New Album


A few Nashville country have broadcasted SWMEC!

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Honeyimhome wrote:

Now Digipak & Booklet Scan:


Where did you find these? I'd like to download the originals. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Honeyimhome wrote:

Now Digipak & Booklet Scan:


Where did you find these? I'd like to download the originals. 


 I scanned them this morning. I'd love to find the original also. I started doing a digital booklet this morning. I have all the lyrics and credits typed up and the few pictures we already have.



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:

Honeyimhome wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Honeyimhome wrote:

Now Digipak & Booklet Scan:


Where did you find these? I'd like to download the originals. 


 I scanned them this morning. I'd love to find the original also. I started doing a digital booklet this morning. I have all the lyrics and credits typed up and the few pictures we already have.


What do you mean by Digipak in your original post?

I added all the lyrics to my website.

http://shaniasupersite.com/shania_lyrics_now.html



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 501
Date:
New Album


I think "All in All" is one of the best songs ever written. I'm totally in love with that one and I wanna cry everytime I think what she's been going through to be where she is now. She summed it up so beautifully in the lyrics of this song.

__________________

Things I always thought were strange, aren't that strange at all

All in all



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


I like you can't buy love.  It's fun and catchy!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Honeyimhome wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Honeyimhome wrote:

Now Digipak & Booklet Scan:


Where did you find these? I'd like to download the originals. 


 I scanned them this morning. I'd love to find the original also. I started doing a digital booklet this morning. I have all the lyrics and credits typed up and the few pictures we already have.


What do you mean by Digipak in your original post?

I added all the lyrics to my website.

http://shaniasupersite.com/shania_lyrics_now.html


Digipak is what you call when case is made of cardboard and not you standard jewel case. The deluxe edition is digipak and the standard is in a jewel case.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Date:

Courtney3302 wrote:

I like you can't buy love.  It's fun and catchy!


 Play "Footloose" and then listen to that after you listen to that. I love it too but it sounds like Footloose with a girl group power anthem! 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:

I thought the EXACT same thing. I think it every time I play it!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:
New Album


Where are you guys buying this album?? All targets, bestbuys, walmarts, etc in my area say it's not in store. I haven't gone in and checked. I live in the US btw

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


shaniafan151118 wrote:

Where are you guys buying this album?? All targets, bestbuys, walmarts, etc in my area say it's not in store. I haven't gone in and checked. I live in the US btw


 Itunes, her website and double check that. FYE maybe but go to the stores and double check that. If that is the case then we got a problem. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:
New Album


Life's About To Get Good is number 21 US Country itunes chart. Definitely climbing :)

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

In Canada, on All Genre iTunes Chart, she had dropped to #2 yesterday with "Hedley - Cageless" in the lead. SHE'S BACK TO #1 TODAY! Hedley is now #2, making Miley #3 and Demi #4

The deluxe edition is still #1 on Country iTunes Chart, with the standard edition dropping to #3.

I'M SO HAPPY!!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 501
Date:

Predictions say she will sell 130-150.000 units in the first week. I can't imagine how she is feeling now, knowing she will have a #1 album after all this time.

__________________

Things I always thought were strange, aren't that strange at all

All in all



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


NEW RELEASES: RUNAWAY TWAIN

Hits Daily Double | September 30, 2017

After a 15-year hiatus, Shania Twain is set for a #1 debut on our next SPS (Sales Plus Streaming) chart with Now (Mercury Nashville). This will be Twain’s second #1 album and second #1 debut. Her previous album, Up!, released in November 2002, debuted at #1 with sales of 874k.

Here’s what we know as of this morning. 

Shania Twain (Mercury Nashville) 121-132k SPS, 120-130k album
Demi Lovato (Island/Safehouse/Hollywood) 68-78k, 45-55k
Miley Cyrus (RCA) 40-55k, 30-40k
Michael Jackson (Legacy) 13-19k, 9-14k
Pearl Jam (Monkeywrench/Republic) 12-15k, 11-13k

Stay tuned for updates on these and other new releases.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308665



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

Here is a preview of the digital booklet I'm working on.



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Date:

Do you think album downloads from the concert bundle are included in this prediction ?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:

I'll check. I'll also check again next week. I think it said something like it'll be in stores later next week but within a 35 mile radius, if that's the case, that there is none, I find it alarming that it's not in stores. I'll update you guys. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

There was only one copy at my Target and it was a standard edition, not deluxe. Hoping that's a good sign that people are buying this album up!

I got mine in the mail Friday from Amazon, and I'm GLAD I did that



__________________

"I'm a maker of love songs! A chanteuse!" - Shannie



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 8879
Date:

Shounayou wrote:

Do you think album downloads from the concert bundle are included in this prediction ?


I'm pretty sure they are. Plus people got an actual CD for every ticket they bought. I bought 3 tickets so I'm being sent 3 CDs. I hate when artists "give" albums away to increase sales. It's not a true reflection of actual sales. It's a snow job. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
New Album


Life's about to get good is getting a revival again in canada and the US.

Canada:
#4 country chart
#37 all genre chart

USA:
#21 country chart
#76 all genre chart

Other countries:
#81 Denmark
#123 Australia
#128 UK



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Tommy wrote:
Shounayou wrote:

Do you think album downloads from the concert bundle are included in this prediction ?


I'm pretty sure they are. Plus people got an actual CD for every ticket they bought. I bought 3 tickets so I'm being sent 3 CDs. I hate when artists "give" albums away to increase sales. It's not a true reflection of actual sales. It's a snow job. 


 Even without those sales I think she would be a main competetor for the #1 spot. And I think it's just a good marketing trick, something her team has always been good at (double sales of UP for instance).



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:
New Album


I was most definitely wrong... NOW is actually brilliant. The more I listen to it I'm like... okay I get this now. Sonically it was very unusual to me at first but when I found myself crying while listening to Where Do You Think You're Going, it finally clicked.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 714
Date:

Let me ask you again. I thought I understood the meaning of "Roll me on the river" phrase but now I'm not so sure. Could you explain? Is it a metaphor?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 714
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


RiteChappy wrote:

I was most definitely wrong... NOW is actually brilliant. The more I listen to it I'm like... okay I get this now. Sonically it was very unusual to me at first but when I found myself crying while listening to Where Do You Think You're Going, it finally clicked.


 This song got me immediately! And I listened to the album non-stop today. The only song I still don't like is "Let's Kiss And Make Up" and I like the rest!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

RiteChappy wrote:

I was most definitely wrong... NOW is actually brilliant. The more I listen to it I'm like... okay I get this now. Sonically it was very unusual to me at first but when I found myself crying while listening to Where Do You Think You're Going, it finally clicked.


 My first listen I was like "hmm, this may not be on replay at all, but man oh man is this album great! I think We Got Something They Don't is still my favourite with Roll Me On The River a close second. Those two songs just have something about them. I really get Elton John, Paul McCartney vibes. Either or would be a great single for Fall. Also, it's the first time for me that bonus track are not my favourite. For that reason, I'm glad she mixed them up in the album because I think I'd get bored listening to them. I guess I don't mind Because Of You or All In All (It's actually a great song)

I think this should be the singles roll out:

1. Life's About To Get Good (definitely a great first choice)
2. Swingin' With My Eyes Closed (if it weren't that she already had the video filmed, I would of scraped this as a single)
3. We Got Something They Don't
4. Soldier
5. Roll Me On The River
6. Who's Gonna Be Your Girl



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

Tanya wrote:

Let me ask you again. I thought I understood the meaning of "Roll me on the river" phrase but now I'm not so sure. Could you explain? Is it a metaphor?


I think it's "just going down the river in a boat" which kinda makes sense

Roll me on the river
Lay me in the sun
Love me like a giver
Give me some

Very sexy song!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Date:

Tanya wrote:

Let me ask you again. I thought I understood the meaning of "Roll me on the river" phrase but now I'm not so sure. Could you explain? Is it a metaphor?


 I am having problems with Swingin too and Rolling too. I want to connect and understand it but what does it all mean do you think?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:

Honeyimhome wrote:
Tanya wrote:

Let me ask you again. I thought I understood the meaning of "Roll me on the river" phrase but now I'm not so sure. Could you explain? Is it a metaphor?


I think it's "just going down the river in a boat" which kinda makes sense

Roll me on the river
Lay me in the sun
Love me like a giver
Give me some

Very sexy song!


 Roll Me On The River is basically her asking her listener to eat her up ☺️. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

DivaDewdHote wrote:
Tanya wrote:

Let me ask you again. I thought I understood the meaning of "Roll me on the river" phrase but now I'm not so sure. Could you explain? Is it a metaphor?


 I am having problems with Swingin too and Rolling too. I want to connect and understand it but what does it all mean do you think?


 Alright, I'm gonna try to explain Swingin' to the best of my capabilities, which honestly, I'm a scatter brain so, yeah ha

In general the song is about taking a chance at life or whatever obstacle you may find in your path. THE FIRST VERSE (Summer's here, bring it on, another year, one more beer, another song...) She's priming herself up, getting pumped up to do whatever it is she's  getting ready to do (possibly in regards to taking a "SWING" at her music career again, hence the first track of the album) THE CHORUS (I'm Swingin'... Got my hair down, wide open road... Only god know, how far it goes...Fist up in the air, go like we don't care...) She's swinging full force ahead. Taking the chance, no matter the outcome. The SECOND VERSE (Life is short... Nothing sure in this world... I kiss you once...) pretty much is "life's too short" to sit back and do nothing, take the risk. The outcome can be good!

To me, this song is pretty self explanatory but I guess the word "Swingin" itself can take multiple meaning also. Shania used the reference of a baby coming out of the woom his eyes close and swinging his little arms, breathing his first breath of life in a unknown world or a boxer getting ready to fight in the ring, not knowing what the outcome will be until it finished and done with. I also believe this is the song the she wrote while she was watching a baseball game from the skybox because she was sick... so metaphor for Swingin' at a baseball.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

RiteChappy wrote:
Roll Me On The River is basically her asking her listener to eat her up ☺️. 

 Pretty much haha



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 714
Date:

Honeyimhome wrote:
Tanya wrote:

Let me ask you again. I thought I understood the meaning of "Roll me on the river" phrase but now I'm not so sure. Could you explain? Is it a metaphor?


I think it's "just going down the river in a boat" which kinda makes sense

Roll me on the river
Lay me in the sun
Love me like a giver
Give me some

Very sexy song!


Thank you, I just thought it was a metaphor of having sex or something like that. Because I kinda can't connect the river with everything else here. I thought river opposed to the sun has something to do with sweating - cool vs warm and so on. confuse



-- Edited by Tanya on Saturday 30th of September 2017 07:02:38 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Date:
New Album


I don't know why nobody likes Let's Kiss and Make Up, it's actually one of the best songs on NOW.

Plus, the second verse is one of my favorite pieces of lyric Shania has ever written in any of her songs.

"Let's be honest, let's be open
We're not broken, not yet
It's not easy,
Trying to please me
I'm not perfect.
I know that."

That is art right there! This song is such a masterpiece!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 714
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


ShaniaFanSince03 wrote:

I don't know why nobody likes Let's Kiss and Make Up, it's actually one of the best songs on NOW.

Plus, the second verse is one of my favorite pieces of lyric Shania has ever written in any of her songs.

"Let's be honest, let's be open
We're not broken, not yet
It's not easy,
Trying to please me
I'm not perfect.
I know that."

That is art right there! This song is such a masterpiece!


 The lyrics are good but I don't like the arrangement. :(



__________________
1 2 39  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard