Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 84
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Enough already, She's Canadian and was entitled to her opnion. The only problem that frustrated me was her apology about it. I for one will be seeing Shania Twain later this June in 2018 in Hamilton Ontario Canada. This won't hurt her career much. Honestly she's already a legend with a net worth of nearly 375 Million. As for this tour it will be fine maybe some will abandon her but a true fan like myself never will. I also believe her next album might be more interesting especially is she writes a song for this. Anyway Love my Shania I'll now go listen to my favourite song on her album Now called who's Gonna Be Your Girl and Because Of you. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Donald Trump: Shania Twain ‘Made a Mistake’ By Walking Back Her Support

By Charlie Spiering | Breitbart | April 26, 2018

President Donald Trump commented on country star Shania Twain’s decision to walk back her comment that she would have voted for him.

“Shania, who I think is terrific, but she made a mistake, by sort of saying, ‘I wish I didn’t go public with it,” Trump said. “But we know how she feels.”

The president made his comments in a phone interview with Fox and Friends on Thursday morning.

Twain disappointed Trump supporters after she walked back her support of Trump in a series of messages on Twitter.

“My answer was awkward, but certainly should not be taken as representative of my values nor does it mean I endorse him,” she wrote.

But Trump said that celebrities who were brave enough to support him got more popular.

“People have done that and they're amazed at what happens to their business, because we have tremendous support, we have tremendous fans,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/26/donald-trump-shania-twain-made-mistake-walking-back-support/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 276
Date:

Shania just seemed so weak and pathetic caving in to the liberal  mob on social media. When will celebs ever learn that apologizing only makes it worse. Stand by what you said and don't back down on you comments. We all know what Shania really feels, she would of voted for Trump if she could, that doesnn't mean she agrees with everything he say or does lol lol only morons can't understand what she meant by her comments. Trump whether you like him or hate him has done or at tried to do everything he said he would. That is what she meant by straight shooter. I think people on social media are too dumb and blind for their Trump hate that they can't think straight. If i was Shanai and if she is brave enough which she isn't, i would say if my fans can't respect my opinion after all i stood for my whole career then i don't want those dipsh*ts as fans. Shania made a big mistake apologizing to those buliies on social medai. Have some diginity Shania and stick by what you said because you will never please the losers with your apology and you would lose respect from those who thought your original comments were brave. I hope she shuts her mouth now and when asked about it on the Today show and she doesn't dig herself a deeper hole. We all know what she meant so i disregard her apology and chalk it up to caving to an intolerant mob like crazy left . And finally fire your stupid publicist Shania who should never have a job again lol okay kevy is going.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Well, well............

I just got home from seeing my therapist. I showed my therapist all these negative, defaming and slenderizing words plus post. Yes, I am taking care of myself just like Shania did and how she said "music" is her therapy. Well community and civic is my "therapy" plus being so active in my community too. Again you are very offensive HumbleKevy and several others who have been posting some very solid points, very well thought out viewpoints and very mature statements. 

HumbleKevy and to those naysayers shut up and quick posting. I request Tommy that if we can not post anything constructive, mature or anything the is directly or indirectly to the reason why we are here. "Shania Twain and Elienn Regina Edwards" is our reason why we are here, our common bond and our common core. Let's try to respect, empower, include and organize a little bit better. With all due respects let's listen to Shania a little more. As someone who is in politics let me break down that whole interview 

1. It was unnecessary for that UK journalist to pry into her political views. She is not a politician. Let's get the one thing straight. She is a humanitarian and she is a powerful woman who gives back and continues to maintain a solid reputation as an independent powerful business savvy woman   

2. The interview was focused on her past 15 years. We as fans have heard the same rhetoric, the same message and the same story that we are sticking to because of we as fans witnesses her ups and downs in the past 15 years.  ( She might have said a new album 15 years ago but her private life got in the way! We must respect her private life and know the difference between public and private) She is yes an artist, an entertainer, a songwriter and a musician. We go to hear her sing, dance, her messages, her vibes and to take her songs as she said time after time. We can interpret them into our lives to help us or either empower us. 

3. She is no Sarah Palin, She is no Ted Nugget, She is no Kid Rock, She is no TOBY KEITH, She is no Kayne West, She is no Scott Biao... Are we going to put Shania Twain name along with those when she has been with Dolly, Reba, and company? 

4. That question SERIOUSLY DID NOT BELONG and she spoke her mind, she has a right, her life story and her past would make any ALT RIGHT/CONSERVATIVE scream come to the "dark side!" You belong with us etc. That brainwashing and that language of hatred, divisiveness, morals, and values I truly and we truly do not think Shania is all about. So what she has millions of dollars. She did what know to get where she is today? 

5. I had a terrible session because once again my heart, my mind, my soul and my thinking got thrown out the window. Now let's go to where a professional clearly states. Right now we are finding out more and more TRUTH about SH*TFACE! AT THAT TIME SHE WAS BRAINWASHED AND SHE SAW THE SAME EXACT THING WE ALL SAW BECAUSE WE WERE CON BUT A HUSTLER AND A CON ARTIST!!! She is just an ordinary citizen of the world. She had to backpedal because it's not because of her career, albums sales and to be revalent. It's because we as a Nation and others are recovering, in sessions and in conversations that are empowering us once again and she empowered us! 

6. I have warned EVERYONE about this and I warn EVERYONE on NASHVILLE and how NASHVILLE IS! Right now with my sources. The "good ole boys" and the old way of thinking is being shaken up with the economy, with the image and with everything in NASHVILLE plus with COUNTRY MUSIC! If you are not diverse, welcoming and accepting then your projects, businesses, and plans for NASHVILLE will not be green lite by the City/County Government Agencies in Nashville. It might be a little red but NASHVILLE is changing and the old timers are being asked to step aside or move on out. The culture and economy are truly changing in Nashville. If we have any Nashville fans here please confirm what your City and Region is going through with projects, ideas and how something good is happening. Nashville is becoming like a Hotlanta, New Orleans etc with music leading the way. Miami even is getting on the fun. Shania has already busted down the doors in the 90's and it began

7. We can agree to disagree and we can disagree to agree. Vice versa and pretty much I truly think we need to remember her track record, her post before and possibly have us the FANS to begin a grass roots campaign to stand by her. She needs us more then ever. We must resist the hate, the naysayers, the negativity, to counterproductivity and to image that she is all about Trump! We must seriously begin tweeting, posting and getting out the word about the Now Tour and her new CD. Remember what did I post about this? Remember how we must have a grass root effort to promote Shania because I knew this was going to happen and if you scroll back in here and on the other threads I warned everyone about this. 

8. Tommy and fans please forgive me and my post. Please understand this has set me back because everytime I go to therapy. I listen to "Today Is Your Day" "Come On Over" "Up" "Man I Feel Like A Woman" Life's About To Get Good" "Home Now" "All in All" "Swingin With My Closed" and many more Shania songs that gives me a center plus balance in my life. I know she does the same to you and she does wonders. So please excuse my post, my attitude, my toned and I hope I am not making anyone feel uncomfortable. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

Very well said 👍



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 276
Date:

DivaDewdHote wrote:

Well, well............

I just got home from seeing my therapist. I showed my therapist all these negative, defaming and slenderizing words plus post. Yes, I am taking care of myself just like Shania did and how she said "music" is her therapy. Well community and civic is my "therapy" plus being so active in my community too. Again you are very offensive HumbleKevy and several others who have been posting some very solid points, very well thought out viewpoints and very mature statements. 

HumbleKevy and to those naysayers shut up and quick posting. I request Tommy that if we can not post anything constructive, mature or anything the is directly or indirectly to the reason why we are here. "Shania Twain and Elienn Regina Edwards" is our reason why we are here, our common bond and our common core. Let's try to respect, empower, include and organize a little bit better. With all due respects let's listen to Shania a little more. As someone who is in politics let me break down that whole interview 

1. It was unnecessary for that UK journalist to pry into her political views. She is not a politician. Let's get the one thing straight. She is a humanitarian and she is a powerful woman who gives back and continues to maintain a solid reputation as an independent powerful business savvy woman   

2. The interview was focused on her past 15 years. We as fans have heard the same rhetoric, the same message and the same story that we are sticking to because of we as fans witnesses her ups and downs in the past 15 years.  ( She might have said a new album 15 years ago but her private life got in the way! We must respect her private life and know the difference between public and private) She is yes an artist, an entertainer, a songwriter and a musician. We go to hear her sing, dance, her messages, her vibes and to take her songs as she said time after time. We can interpret them into our lives to help us or either empower us. 

3. She is no Sarah Palin, She is no Ted Nugget, She is no Kid Rock, She is no TOBY KEITH, She is no Kayne West, She is no Scott Biao... Are we going to put Shania Twain name along with those when she has been with Dolly, Reba, and company? 

4. That question SERIOUSLY DID NOT BELONG and she spoke her mind, she has a right, her life story and her past would make any ALT RIGHT/CONSERVATIVE scream come to the "dark side!" You belong with us etc. That brainwashing and that language of hatred, divisiveness, morals, and values I truly and we truly do not think Shania is all about. So what she has millions of dollars. She did what know to get where she is today? 

5. I had a terrible session because once again my heart, my mind, my soul and my thinking got thrown out the window. Now let's go to where a professional clearly states. Right now we are finding out more and more TRUTH about SH*TFACE! AT THAT TIME SHE WAS BRAINWASHED AND SHE SAW THE SAME EXACT THING WE ALL SAW BECAUSE WE WERE CON BUT A HUSTLER AND A CON ARTIST!!! She is just an ordinary citizen of the world. She had to backpedal because it's not because of her career, albums sales and to be revalent. It's because we as a Nation and others are recovering, in sessions and in conversations that are empowering us once again and she empowered us! 

6. I have warned EVERYONE about this and I warn EVERYONE on NASHVILLE and how NASHVILLE IS! Right now with my sources. The "good ole boys" and the old way of thinking is being shaken up with the economy, with the image and with everything in NASHVILLE plus with COUNTRY MUSIC! If you are not diverse, welcoming and accepting then your projects, businesses, and plans for NASHVILLE will not be green lite by the City/County Government Agencies in Nashville. It might be a little red but NASHVILLE is changing and the old timers are being asked to step aside or move on out. The culture and economy are truly changing in Nashville. If we have any Nashville fans here please confirm what your City and Region is going through with projects, ideas and how something good is happening. Nashville is becoming like a Hotlanta, New Orleans etc with music leading the way. Miami even is getting on the fun. Shania has already busted down the doors in the 90's and it began

7. We can agree to disagree and we can disagree to agree. Vice versa and pretty much I truly think we need to remember her track record, her post before and possibly have us the FANS to begin a grass roots campaign to stand by her. She needs us more then ever. We must resist the hate, the naysayers, the negativity, to counterproductivity and to image that she is all about Trump! We must seriously begin tweeting, posting and getting out the word about the Now Tour and her new CD. Remember what did I post about this? Remember how we must have a grass root effort to promote Shania because I knew this was going to happen and if you scroll back in here and on the other threads I warned everyone about this. 

8. Tommy and fans please forgive me and my post. Please understand this has set me back because everytime I go to therapy. I listen to "Today Is Your Day" "Come On Over" "Up" "Man I Feel Like A Woman" Life's About To Get Good" "Home Now" "All in All" "Swingin With My Closed" and many more Shania songs that gives me a center plus balance in my life. I know she does the same to you and she does wonders. So please excuse my post, my attitude, my toned and I hope I am not making anyone feel uncomfortable. 


 I will be kind to you because you seem to have other issues. I wasn't directing any of my comments to you, i was talking in general to the social media mob on the left.  My points are very well thought out and just  because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they aren't. I am not knocking anyone elses opinion or what poltical side they are on, as i said before i am not political. I am knocking the mob mentallity on the left that shame people like Shania to apologize because her view is different. I know you are seeing a therapist but try and not getting so sensitive. People who bashed Shania on twitter are morons in my opinion and Shania was wrong to apologize and give in to people trying to shame her because of her opnion. A lot of what you said is just mumble jumble . Shania is not all about Trump but she would of voted for him considering the other option . This is not about politics to me, it is about people on the left shaming others to share their views by bashing them on social media.  Relax and don't take things too personal i or nobody was even directing their post at anybody on this forum.  I was talking about people on social medai shaming Shania.



-- Edited by HumbleKevy on Thursday 26th of April 2018 11:02:46 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

kevin's right about the extreme left bullies. we can't let the loud voices get to us because that's all they are is loud--and drowning out a larger number of less radical, more balanced FANS. even the extreme right bullies who are attacking the strength of her character… radicals from either side were clearly never ticket holders, music buyers, or even invested enough to read the full guardian piece in the first place because the retelling of her life story and career accomplishments in that article alone reveal her true moral fibre and plenty of backbone. and if by chance they had read the full article and their takeaway was still to encourage their mobs to "boycott shania twain," then fine, that's their right to freedom of association; but beyond hypocritical to do so under the guise of tolerance and as allies for women and victims... so just because they're loudest, doesn't mean they've swayed true fans and/or public opinion.



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
New Album


Idk, but Shania being part 1st Nations and supporting Trump is mind boggling. She knows how bad Natives live because she lived on a reservation. Perhaps I wouldn't think much of this if her background was more white. She just looks it. No one says that she needs to be at Standing Rock to show her support for the indigenous community, but don't stand in their way. For crying out loud Trump has a painting or sculpture of Andrew Jackson in the WH, a wealthy Southerner who initiated the Indian Removal Act which ended with the Trail of Tears. Currently, Pres. Trump is chipping away at Native sovereignty and wants to classify them as a race so that they don't receive preferential treatment.

This is the same as a Hispanic person supporting him because of the wall to keep bad hombres out. Don't you know where your parents came from? But I know these uncomfortable political facts won't matter because Shania is a celebrity. As long as she continues to entertain she can say that the Turner Diaries are a good read and her fans will embrace and excuse it. It's a good time to be a racist prick because somebody has to blame their issues on someone that's disadvantaged or marginalized.

Though Shania's body of work seems liberal, she did always indicate that this was just a persona for her. In retrospect I don't think that she was being humble or modest. If she was able to endure and survive abject poverty selling out and pandering is no big deal in the name of money. Shania, I think, is a skilled musical actress. She embodied a persona unlike her own IRL. That takes some serious talent. Anyone can sing beautifully, but not everyone can be a star and capture the imagination. This is what celebrity is made of. That's why otherwise untalented people succeed. They may not sing much, but they evoke something special.

I think that this is a turning point in her career whether it's to her advantage or not. The Trump years are very polarizing and I suspect that this could lead to a civil war where the libs and Trumpers (and their descendants) will hate each other for generations. Why didn't Shania support Bush for that matter?

www.newstatesman.com/culture/music-theatre/2018/04/shania-twain-may-not-share-trump-s-politics-did-her-music-predict-his

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


*THIS IS NOT FAKE NEWS*


I KNOW TOMMY HAS POSTED THIS BUT HERE IS MY REBUTTAL

www.iheartradio.ca/news/shania-twain-opens-up-about-lgbt-equality-1.3367932


www.youtube.com/watch


pridesource.com/article/83336-2/


DROPS THE MIC, PENCIL AND STOPS TYPING!

THIS MESSAGE IS PROVIDED BY A GAY SHANIA TWAIN FAN FOR 20 YEARS AND IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR LEFT WINGED INCLUSIVE NON-THREATING REAL CITIZEN HUMAN

I WANTED TO SERVE MY COUNTRY IN THE WORST WAY BUT HOUSE SPEAKER NEWT G AND THE REPUBLICAN LEAD HOUSE DRAFTED THE DADT IN WHICH I COULD NOT SERVE PROUDLY. 

SO AGAIN THIS IS A DIRECT CONNECTION TO TRUMPS BAN ON TRANS TROOPS. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS AND WHAT IS THE REASON. NOTHING. SO THIS GOES WITHOUT SAYING TO THE RIGHT WINGED FOX NEWS LOVING REPUBLICANS WHO ARE CLEARLY HATEFUL AND CLEARLY DISCRIMINATES. ON BUT IT "SEEMS" LIKE SHANIA SAYS. "SEEMS" THAT YOU CARE ETC ETC BUT YOU DO NOT! 



-- Edited by DivaDewdHote on Saturday 28th of April 2018 02:01:06 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 149
Date:

Shania’s NOW album is back in the top 30 on iTunes for downloads! She also has “I’m Alright” as a top 50 song on the country songs! Is “I’m Alrightl gonna be released to country radio possibly?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

According to RoughStock, NOW sold 800 copies (U.S.) in the week ending March 4. This brings the total number copies sold in the U.S. to 219,200. That's not very many considering 137,000 copies were sold the first week.

http://roughstock.com/news/2018/03/42831-top-10-country-album-sales-chart-march-4-2018


NOW album sales update:

According to RoughStock, NOW sold 600 copies (U.S.) in the week ending April 9. This brings the total number copies sold in the U.S. to 221,800.

http://www.roughstock.com/news/2018/04/42954-top-10-country-album-sales-chart-april-9-2018


NOW album sales update:

According to RoughStock, NOW sold 600 copies (U.S.) in the week ending April 30. This brings the total number copies sold in the U.S. to 223,400.

http://roughstock.com/news/2018/04/43001-top-10-country-albums-sales-chart-april-30-2018

***Currently NOW is No. 43 on the iTunes U.S. Country albums chart and No. 15 on the iTunes Canada Country Albums chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 149
Date:
New Album


Tommy, do you think this NOW tour can help sell a lot more copies of NOW?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Gigi wrote:

Tommy, do you think this NOW tour can help sell a lot more copies of NOW?


Yes, possibly. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

The nominees for the 2018 CMT Music Awards were announced this morning. Neither of Shania's music videos ("Life's About To Get Good" & "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed") were nominated in any category.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8455089/cmt-music-awards-2018-nominees-full-list

VOTE - http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/vote



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 84
Date:

Pathetic, I figured this would be the place where she would get a few noms? People wonder why she does not attend these award shows? Well you got your answer. She does not kiss their behinds for support.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 84
Date:

This site was down earlier for several hours? Was it just an issue on my end?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

So sad Shania missed the chance to revamp NOW album for the tour...a brand new single/video release could be GREAT!
HOME NOW or I'M ALRIGHT...great Spring/Summer choices...



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:
New Album


Greatest Hits is #5 on the iTunes country charts and #23 on the all-genre iTunes Charts. I know the album is on sale, but that is still pretty impressive!

Tommy, do you know when her albums will be re-certified by the RIAA? It seems like it’s been a long time.

__________________

"Find your self-esteem and be forever free to dream" - Shania Twain



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


shaniafan28 wrote:

Greatest Hits is #5 on the iTunes country charts and #23 on the all-genre iTunes Charts. I know the album is on sale, but that is still pretty impressive!

Tommy, do you know when her albums will be re-certified by the RIAA? It seems like it’s been a long time.


I know. It has been a while since there's been a certification update. I have no idea when her albums will be re-certified. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Act II

Shania Twain is back — with a deeper sound and a new album

By Werner Trieschmann | Arkansas Democrat-Gazette | June 12, 2018

Music stardom doesn't come with an expiration date but, if it did, it would likely be an absurdly short time.

In the late 1990s Canadian Shania Twain (born Eilleen Regina Edwards) was at the peak of a career built in Nashville, Tenn., but had spread beyond the confines of country music. Come On Over, released in 1997, featured the musical partnership between Twain and then husband and producer Robert "Mutt" Lange. Twain's sound, which by that point had abandoned any hint of traditional country trappings such as pedal steel guitars and influenced by Lange's work with AC/DC and Def Leppard, blew through the few remaining honky-tonk cobwebs on Music Row.

"Man, I Feel Like a Woman" and "You're Still the One" were two of the smash singles found on Come On Over, a record that ultimately sold approximately 20 million copies in the United States alone. Twain's uptempo, female-centric pop anthems resonated with a large percentage of the record-buying public.

Adding to her popularity, Twain, a striking beauty, seemed to be designed in a lab for eye-popping appearances on award shows, Entertainment Tonight and music videos. By the time the calendar flipped to 2000, Twain's status as a crossover hitmaker was rock solid.

Here in 2018, the country music landscape has shifted. While Nashville might not be openly hostile to female artists, it is hardly a welcoming environment-- bros such as Luke Bryan and the Florida Georgia Line duo generally rule the airwaves and arenas. It's hard not to look at the career trajectory of Taylor Swift -- country sensation to pop world queen in the span of a handful of albums -- and see the shadow of Twain in it.

Twain, 52, arrives today in North Little Rock's Verizon Arena touring behind a new album, Now, released last year. The question is whether Twain can achieve what so few pop artists are able to pull off-- a comeback more than just another lap around the track, more than nostalgia for younger, more popular days.

The 20 plus years between Come On Over and today have been eventful for Twain to say the least. After the release of 2003's Up!, Twain stopped performing and recording albums for more than 10 years. It's certainly probable that Twain would have fallen out of the spotlight for the common reason of fans and the music industry moving on to the next new shiny thing. However, it's hard not to point to other factors as the cause.

A couple of significant events curdled the fairy-tale rise of Twain. The most spectacular and tabloid-grabbing one was the breakup of Twain and Lange's marriage, which came to light in 2008.

The story behind the dissolution was too juicy to stay under wraps -- Lange was having an affair with Marie-Anne Thiebaud, Twain's best friend. As fate would have it, Twain fell for and eventually married Thiebaud's ex-husband, Frederic.

Twain has let it be known in a few recent interviews that her anger at her former best friend has not subsided much over the years. In any case, the divorce from Lange meant there was no going back to the musical collaboration that proved to be so fruitful during Twain's career.

The personal tumult in the singer's life was followed by a medical problem that presented an even larger obstacle to a return. In 2011 Twain announced that she had dysphonia, a condition that left her unable to sing. At that time Twain claimed the dysphonia was brought on by stress, but in the last few years she has said her voice was dimmed due to Lyme disease.

By 2013, after intense vocal therapy, Twain emerged for a two-year stint at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. In 2017, Twain's new studio album, first in 15 years, and the subsequent national tour, demonstrated the new push to be a relevant figure on the music scene.

...

The early demand for a new Twain record was strong enough to put Now at the top of the Billboard album chart in late October last year. Unlike most Nashville albums where credits include multiple names for a single song, Now is the product of one songwriter -- Twain herself.

Now's release was significant enough to draw reviews from the few remaining heavyweight music publications left-- Pitchfork and Rolling Stone being the most prominent.

At first listen, Now doesn't sound radically different from Come On Over or even Twain's last studio album, Up! (even as Up! was packaged in confusing Red [pop] and Green [country] versions). She doesn't have Lange as a producer, but Twain's instinct for catchy songs with singalong choruses feels strong as ever on songs like "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" and the arena-size anthem "More Fun."

Now has been of course scrutinized for songs that point to Twain's painful divorce; "Poor Me" is the one that immediately jumps out. The lyric, "I wish he'd never met her/Then everything would be the way it was," is about as direct as they come. The song "I'm Alright" is an affirmation by a soul looking to be propped up.

The overall tempo of Now is slow, certainly when compared to Twain's peppy, exclamation point-riddled records of the past. The other element that paints this record with a darker color is Twain's reconstructed voice. It is recognizably deeper and, as a result, she strains to put the faster songs over. Now is soggy in places where it could -- and probably should -- snap and crackle.

It would be wrong to expect Twain to make the same record as when she was younger and ruling the go-go '90s. Now is true to its title -- it's an uneven but mostly accomplished, compelling portrait of a star making a strong first step out of exile.

Whether or not Now will lead to that rare second act in show business remains to be seen. Twain's hit-happy history and her current commitment indicate that it would be foolish to dismiss her.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jun/12/act-ii-20180612/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:
New Album


Tommy, it looks like Greatest Hits jumped up to #32 on the billboard country charts this week. Do you have any other chart updates?

__________________

"Find your self-esteem and be forever free to dream" - Shania Twain



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


shaniafan28 wrote:

Tommy, it looks like Greatest Hits jumped up to #32 on the billboard country charts this week. Do you have any other chart updates?


That's it as far as the Billboard charts.

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 16): After falling back off the chart last week, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart again at No. 32 in its 120th overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 26 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:
New Album


I see Greatest Hits sitting at No. 9 on the US iTunes Country charts. It was as high as No. 3 or 4 in the past week.

__________________

"Find your self-esteem and be forever free to dream" - Shania Twain



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


shaniafan28 wrote:

I see Greatest Hits sitting at No. 9 on the US iTunes Country charts. It was as high as No. 3 or 4 in the past week.


You're right. Currently No. 9. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

One year since life got good 😍 #ShaniaNOW

Audio clip of "Life's About To Get Good" - https://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain/status/1007631315632558080

10:30 AM ET - 15 Jun 18

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 16): After falling back off the chart last week, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart again at No. 32 in its 120th overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 9 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 23): Shania's Greatest Hits falls one spot to No. 33 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 121st overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 23 and Come On Over is currently No. 125 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Angelo1985 wrote:

So sad Shania missed the chance to revamp NOW album for the tour...a brand new single/video release could be GREAT!
HOME NOW or I'M ALRIGHT...great Spring/Summer choices...


 10000000% Agree! It would of been amazing to see "Home Now" for a single and video with a push

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Shania Twain reveals she's never given her son a birthday gift: 'He knows not to expect anything'

The Country star 52, on not giving her 16-year-old son everything he wants, losing her voice and thinking she'd never sing again, and why she likes to pen her hits in the toilet

By Rosie Hopegood | The Daily Mirror - UK | June 24, 2018

Shania Twain is an icon. There’s no doubt about it. She’s sold over 100 million records, made the bestselling album by a female artist of all time, and has won five Grammys.

So when we meet her in an LA hotel room, we’re a little taken aback. Nestled between enormous bouquets of white roses, we find a small, softly spoken woman wearing her teenage son’s hoody and a pair of leggings.

Her face, however, is made up to superstar standards, with long false eyelashes and a coiffed-barnet that suggests she’d be ready to pick up her gee-tar at the drop of a hat. We half wonder if she has a skintight leopard-print onesie on under that baggy ol’ jumper.

It’s been 15 years since Shania put aside her crop tops and began a life that was quiet in more ways than one. Moving to Switzerland with her young son Eja and famous producer hubby Robert ‘Mutt’ Lange, Shania’s voice had begun to deteriorate to the extent that she could no longer even call for her dog.

Then 10 years ago, in the midst of her quiet life, she discovered Mutt was having an affair with her best friend Marie-Anne. But in a plot that resembles a soap opera, Shania is now happily married to Marie-Anne’s former husband, Fred.

Shania, who lost both her mum and stepfather in a car crash at the age of 22 and spent several years bringing up her younger siblings, is nothing if not a survivor. She’s had surgery to repair nerve damage near her vocal chords after a tick gave her Lyme disease, and she’s back with a world tour and an album full of songs that stick a middle finger up at her ex.

‘Does my voice sound deeper? It does, though, doesn’t it?’ she asks, distractedly stroking the fresh scar on her neck left by the surgery.

She’s open and upfront: when she talks about the tougher moments of the last few years, her eyes are teary, but when she laughs, it’s a head-back, raucous sort of belly laugh that has us laughing too. She wraps her hands around a cup of herbal tea, leans forward and discusses everything from peeing herself on stage as a kid to not giving her son birthday presents…

Welcome back to the world stage! Did you always know you’d make a big comeback?

I thought I’d never sing again. At first I was looking forward to a rest. I’d had a baby, I wanted to make a nest and relax – to be a mum and a wife, and not even write songs. I wanted to plant flowers and ride horses. It was awesome, but then my voice still didn’t come back.

How bad was it?

I couldn’t even call out for my dog. If I wanted to be loud, my voice came out screechy. Some doctors told me it was psychological and losing my voice was tied into how I was feeling at the time. I’m angry about that, because they sent me barking up the wrong tree.

What was the cause?

It was nerve damage from Lyme disease. I saw a tick fall off me and I got treated right away, otherwise the damage would have been a lot more extensive. I was on tour, and I almost fell off the stage every night because I was so dizzy. I felt lucky when I found out the cause, because the disease can go to your brain or heart.

Did you embrace your years out of the limelight – baking cookies, gardening?

[Laughs] I’ve always done all of that. I love cooking, and I’m not a good gardener but I do love planting flowers. When they die I just replant them! I don’t know if it’s too much or too little water… I did a lot of mothering, and I enjoyed those crucial years with my son. There were a lot of blessings, not being distracted by work.

Did you forget you were a megastar?

I like to forget it, anyway. I like to just be me and forget who I am. When I have to be the performer, I enjoy that too.

Why did you decide to make a comeback?

Seven years after the Lyme disease, I started writing more intently and I realised that some parts of my voice were still there. It’s been a long process, and now surgery.

Now has been dubbed your divorce album, because it’s full of the raw emotions you felt after Mutt’s affair. How does Fred feel listening to those songs?

We’ve had to laugh at a few things. He’ll say, ‘Wow, are you still not over that particular detail?!’ I have to explain I’ve got to put it in my music. We’re both very open about what we’ve been through, and not guarded at all.

There’s a song called Poor Me on the album that seems particularly raw, with lyrics like ‘Why do I keep looking back?/Still can’t believe he’d leave me/ To love her’…

That’s very much about betrayal – it was my self-pity moment. The song is the vomit of that feeling. It’s OK to feel sorry for yourself sometimes – it’s very satisfying and I’m not going to apologise for it. It’s ownership of what you’ve been through. Songwriting is like a diary entry, though sometimes I listen back and think, ‘Oh my God, that’s way too personal…’

Is it true you write in the bathroom or hotel wardrobe?

Nobody bothers you in the bathroom. You can be alone for two hours. I don’t have to sit on the toilet… I have a desk, a chair a whole unit in there, it’s like a mini studio. Closets are awesome too, because no one can hear you. It’s somewhere I can let go of my thoughts openly.

You’ve been singing and performing your whole life…

I was eight when I wrote my first song, and by 10 I had a whole catalogue. My mum was quite pushy about my talent development, but I was private about my singing. She was always encouraging me to get out there and perform for people, often against my wishes.

How nervous would you get?

Some kids want to be stars at eight, but not me. I developed a fear of singing in public, and I think it’s because I started too early, I needed to feel like a kid for longer. When I was a teenager, I got up in front of my peers – you know, a bunch of 16-year-olds, in front of the whole school – and I literally peed myself. Thankfully, I had a glass of water at my feet, and I knocked it over to hide the puddle. I covered it up, my brain was still working.

How would your mum have felt to see you become a big star?

She would have loved it. It’s very sad that she never got to see it. She ran up all her phone bills trying to get me booked places. It wasn’t funny at the time, as we had no money for groceries. She was going to make it happen, we sacrificed a lot.

Eja’s 16 now. His childhood must have been the polar opposite of yours…

He’ll never know my childhood or the way I grew up, it’s like another lifetime away. You have to make a real effort not to spoil your children. I have to be careful not to let him have everything he wants, so I’ve only ever baked a cake for his birthday gift.

Has he ever said, ‘Mum, I really want...’?

It’s all he’s known. He expects it. I’d say, ‘You know what you’re getting from me for your birthday,’ and he’d look forward to it. At Christmas he’ll have only three presents. That’s not a rich man’s celebration. A lot of people would send him stuff, and I’d think, ‘How much stuff do you need?’ I tell him that anything he’s not using after a month, we’re giving to charity. There’s no point in pretending that we’re without, though – if he needs a shirt, I’ll get him a shirt. I’m not going to act poor if we’re not poor. That’s my approach and I’m just doing my best.

Shania on Shania...

What doesn’t impress you much?

Negative people. I have to choose who I’m sympathetic to, because it takes too much energy. My poor husband, he doesn’t get any baby man moments, I just say, ‘Suck it up!’ My son only says [puts on a baby voice] ‘Mummy, mummy’ when he’s really upset. I love being mummy, mummy and wifey, wifey, but to some people I’m just like, ‘Oh, come on.’

What makes you feel like a woman?

My husband does! I’ve still got abs under the squish, although I hate the texture of my body now. But he says, ‘I don’t want to cuddle up to a man, I don’t want rock-hard muscle.’ I’m strong still, but there’s a softness there now, and he likes it. It makes me feel womanly.

What’s still the one in your life?

My go-to place is always self-reflection. I’m always checking myself – constant self-improvement is important. When I stop to reflect it really focuses me. 

Tickets are available for Shania Twain's UK tour at livenation.co.uk

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/shania-twain-reveals-shes-never-12761951

-------------------------------------------------------

notebookmagazine062418_cover

On a side note, Shania is on the cover of Notebook magazine which is free inside today's UK Sunday Mirror newspaper. The magazine can also be purchased here:

https://www.yourcelebritymagazines.com/collections/shania-twain/products/uk-notebook-magazine-june-2018-shania-twain-cover



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 16): After falling back off the chart last week, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart again at No. 32 in its 120th overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 9 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 23): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 1 spot to No. 33 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 121st overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 23 and Come On Over is currently No. 125 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 30): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 11 spots to No. 44 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 122nd overall week on the chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:
New Album


So Tommy.

Can you do the break down of NOW? the "true" number of albums sold?

Thank you!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


DivaDewdHote wrote:

So Tommy.

Can you do the break down of NOW? the "true" number of albums sold?

Thank you!


What do you mean? Sales and streaming? How would I know that if it's not posted anywhere?



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Tommy wrote:
DivaDewdHote wrote:

So Tommy.

Can you do the break down of NOW? the "true" number of albums sold?

Thank you!


What do you mean? Sales and streaming? How would I know that if it's not posted anywhere?


 Yeah, I know what you mean. I was hoping you would have that info. Thank you though.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

"Soldier" will be the third official from Shania's NOW album. There is no release or radio impact date yet.

shania_soldier_cover



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 16): After falling back off the chart last week, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart again at No. 32 in its 120th overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 9 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 23): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 1 spot to No. 33 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 121st overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 23 and Come On Over is currently No. 125 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 30): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 11 spots to No. 44 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 122nd overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of July 7): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 5 spots to No. 39 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 123rd overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 54 in its 31st overall week on the chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Tommy wrote:

"Soldier" will be the third official from Shania's NOW album. There is no release or radio impact date yet.

shania_soldier_cover


 When are the fans going to do a coup about NOW? Please check what I type in the thread about this. Seeing this makes me feel ok but actually, it does not. "Solider" should have been a charity single from the get-go. "Home Now" should have been the video and single. At least she should have had her fans vote on the next single because of the piss poor management of the NOW ERA! This is by far the worst pick ever! 

Honestly, I have watched everything and you know me. When I get on a rant. I go there and I know I should not type it but this ERA is not working. I know she is on tour but if I was a diva and working it well. 

I would have pulled a Beyonce or a Taylor. Meaning had 3-4 videos are made with good storylines, good video, and one that everyone must watch. I would of had that done before the tour even was a thought because the music, message, visual and everything would have paid for itself. Like Shania says "She put it out there for us to use it, however ... " 

I would have had a serious conversation with those who picked out the songs and everything with putting this album together. No, I am not trying to post anything negative or troll it but I am pissed off. NOW tour is the only thing that is saving Shania period. You can put out the good press, good interviews, and good things but in this day and age. Its all about more this and more than to win or to allow the magic to happen. I am truly sorry for posting this. Notice again Shania is not nominated for any award or the awards that matter. I know it is not about the awards. It is about the music, talent and all that but honestly look what world we live in. Sorry but honestly. This is a mistake! 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

These past 2 weeks touring in eastern Canada has Shania's albums all over the Canada iTunes charts.

Shania Twain - Greatest Hits
#1 Country Album Chart
#13 All-Genre Album Chart

Shania Twain - NOW
#12 (deluxe) Country Album Chart
#65 (standard) Country Album Chart

Shania Twain - Come On Over
#19 Country Album Chart

Shania Twain - The Woman In Me
#37 Country Album Chart



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 16): After falling back off the chart last week, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart again at No. 32 in its 120th overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 9 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 23): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 1 spot to No. 33 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 121st overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 23 and Come On Over is currently No. 125 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 30): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 11 spots to No. 44 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 122nd overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of July 7): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 5 spots to No. 39 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 123rd overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 54 in its 31st overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of July 14): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 7 spots to No. 46 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 124th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, Shania's Greatest Hits falls 7 spots to No. 61 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 32nd overall week on the chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Tommy wrote:

These past 2 weeks touring in eastern Canada has Shania's albums all over the Canada iTunes charts.

Shania Twain - Greatest Hits
#1 Country Album Chart
#13 All-Genre Album Chart

Shania Twain - NOW
#12 (deluxe) Country Album Chart
#65 (standard) Country Album Chart

Shania Twain - Come On Over
#19 Country Album Chart

Shania Twain - The Woman In Me
#37 Country Album Chart


Yahoo! That is good in Canada but what about America? 

Now once again we find ourselves fighting the American Nashville Music community and the continue HATE for out of towners and out of country successful artist coming to AMERICA to live the dream. 

Please notice the ccma awards. Shania got nominated in Canada. That is obvious but what about America where the sales were more, the numbers mean something and the name too. So this is a blessing but the usual and norm is for NOW to have several successful singles, chart-topping hits and the album doing pretty good. So are you noticing anything here? Should we kick ourselves for not helping when I told everyone we need an all hands on deck approach. Can we please get word from Shania, Elieen or her team about the flop NOW? Any TV show she does in America the albums sales do not do anything. The last time I saw NOW sale anything was 800 copies. HOLY ****! Soon you will be given this album for free. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 19): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 76 in its 29th overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of May 26): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 1 spot to No. 75 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 30th overall week on the chart.

***It looks like the tour hasn't helped NOW return to the charts in the U.S. or Canada.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 2): Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 48 in its 119th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, after re-entering the Billboard Canadian Albums chart for a couple weeks, Shania's Greatest Hits falls back off this week's chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 16): After falling back off the chart last week, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Top Country Albums chart again at No. 32 in its 120th overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 9 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 23): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 1 spot to No. 33 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 121st overall week on the chart.

***Greatest Hits is currently No. 23 and Come On Over is currently No. 125 on the U.S. iTunes Country chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of June 30): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 11 spots to No. 44 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 122nd overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of July 7): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 5 spots to No. 39 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 123rd overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, Shania's Greatest Hits re-enters the Billboard Canadian Albums chart at No. 54 in its 31st overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of July 14): Shania's Greatest Hits falls 7 spots to No. 46 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 124th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, Shania's Greatest Hits falls 7 spots to No. 61 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 32nd overall week on the chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of July 21): Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 3 spots to No. 43 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in its 125th overall week on the chart. Meanwhile, Shania's Greatest Hits climbs 2 spots to No. 59 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in its 33rd overall week on the chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 149
Date:
New Album


Tommy, any updates on “Soldier” bring released?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9921
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Gigi wrote:

Tommy, any updates on “Soldier” bring released?


Nothing yet. The original info came from a guy who receives radio "insider" emails. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

«First  <  111 12 13 | Page of 13  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard