Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8866
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Tommy wrote:
Butters wrote:

Yikes. Shania will never catch up to Taylor again.

600,000 sold IN ONE DAY!!

variety.com/2017/music/news/taylor-swift-reputation-first-day-week-sales-1202612769/


Billboard is reporting 'Reputation' sold 700,000 copies on first day and is on pace to sell over 1 Million copies in its first week!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8031321/taylor-swift-reputation-sold-700000-first-day-nielsen-music-big-machine-records


Update: Taylor Swift’s Reputation album sold 1.05 million copies in the U.S. over its first four days of release, according to initial sales reports to Nielsen Music. It’s the first album to sell a million copies in a tracking week in nearly two years, since Adele’s 25 sold 1.16 million copies in the frame ending Dec. 25, 2015 (the album’s fifth week on sale). Reputation is now Swift’s fourth album to log a million-selling week. It follows her last three studio efforts, which all saw million-selling opening frames: 1989 (1.29 million in 2014), Red (1.21 million, 2012) and Speak Now (1.05 million, 2010). Swift is now the only act to have four million-selling weeks, since Nielsen Music began electronically tracking music sales in 1991.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8038287/taylor-swift-reputation-sold-105-million-copies-first-four-days



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

I just don't understand why she ain't out promoting her latest single. Very strange. Also I'm surprised Whose Gonna be your girl ain't climbing the charts in Canada. It's a good song. Any thoughts as too why the promotion has stopped?

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8866
Date:

Victoria wrote:

I just don't understand why she ain't out promoting her latest single. Very strange. Also I'm surprised Whose Gonna be your girl ain't climbing the charts in Canada. It's a good song. Any thoughts as too why the promotion has stopped?


A media tour promotion for a new album release is usually only a few weeks. Shania's media tour really wasn't that strong because she didn't have a current hit single she could sing. The only time she performed "Swingin'" was on "The Late Late Show". She performed 4-month-old at the time "LATGG" 3 times ("America's Got Talent", "Ellen" & "The Talk") and then her "Soldier" lip sync disaster on "Dancing With The Stars" for movie night.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:
New Album


Y’all need to face it, Shania is a thing of the past, and that’s okay. She’ll never be where she was, and I have no problems with that.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


I told you so and Shania is not a thing of the past per say but I do believe she needs to look at the whole picture with those rose colored glasses off and possibly a better team. Some of the songs were spot on, some were confusing to connect, some were singles who wrote themselves and some of them were just odd to begin. So based on the feedback from all. The album is looking like a major flop for Shania and it needs to be addressed. So don't just go to Facebook Fan Page for your warm fuzzy feelings and good energy because there is plenty of good energy and good positive vibes right smack here. My posting only was a wake-up call because again let me explain again what I am typing. As someone who works and worked with the public every day, we can only see what is out there and we do not label anyone by any means but there is a matrix system and algorithm we use to put a citizen in categories. I am a gay white college-educated middle-class moderate democrat. I will be honest and there are many categories the fan base and the fans are placed in.

So when I was trying to tell everyone we must support this album like those other fans like other artists. It could have worked but our fan base is maturer and above 25. So our fan base is quite diverse and quite nice. Its a perfect blended of all different walks of life which means we are simply good but She had to run around to promote the album to all those fans that watched shows, went to live events and those who just were like us who follow her and love her regardless. So before you cast, any doubt on my posting and my thoughts think like someone who just cares. I do have a life besides being a fan but I wanted to see the beginning to this point what will happen, follow the vibes and the reaction. We either took it out on each other on here, discussed very heavy and made valid points. Tommy deserves all the respect, support, love, and appreciation plus gratitude for allowing us to join here.

Now She said she might do another album, she still has the movie to promote, the tour to promote and other things she has invested. There are only a few things that can really turn this momentum around now but its safe to say that is was a major flop even though she got to number one but again Taylor Swift the next Shania outsold her by how many? I strongly think that artist these days are only out of themselves which is good but not like yesterday. So many reasons why this was a flop. I love each song, I love the album but when UP was released in its 5th week it was still number one and right NOW NOW is 120 what now? Come On Over never fell off the charts and either did The Women In Me. Their numbers were steady and the momentum was amazing. So its safe to say that she was really rocking it, really making it and doing it well before the lost of the voice, divorce and the struggles. Too many things right NOW are either working against it like the management, the record company, the label and those at the top screwing her over, playing games and just being low not throwing mad support or money behind this current body of work. So what is really next for Shania?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:

 You’re a bit delusional. The way you talk makes it sound like Shania’s 35 years old again. News flash, Shania’s 52, no longer with Mutt, and has been dormant for 15 years. She’s no longer relevant in the country music, or any format for that matter. She’s been gone too long. Quit trying to dwell on the past and accept for who and what Shania is now. If you’re so dissatisfied with NOW, then quit listening to it and stop posting on this website. You‘re barking up the wrong tree. You’ve bickered and griped for several weeks now. Be productive and get a life! Shania is content with her sound, and so are we. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

Gigi wrote:

 You’re a bit delusional. The way you talk makes it sound like Shania’s 35 years old again. News flash, Shania’s 52, no longer with Mutt, and has been dormant for 15 years. She’s no longer relevant in the country music, or any format for that matter. She’s been gone too long. Quit trying to dwell on the past and accept for who and what Shania is now. If you’re so dissatisfied with NOW, then quit listening to it and stop posting on this website. You‘re barking up the wrong tree. You’ve bickered and griped for several weeks now. Be productive and get a life! Shania is content with her sound, and so are we. 


 Are we crazy?

Living our lives through a lens
Trapped in our white-picket fence
Like ornaments
So comfortable, we live in a bubble, a bubble
So comfortable, we cannot see the trouble, the trouble
Aren't you lonely
Up there in utopia
Where nothing will ever be enough?
Happily numb
So comfortable, we live in a bubble, a bubble
So comfortable, we cannot see the trouble, the trouble
Ah, so good
Your rose-colored glasses on
And party on
Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
Turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
Yeah, we think we're free
Drink, this one is on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm to the rhythm
Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
Turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
Yeah, we think we're free
Drink, this one is on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm to the rhythm
Are we tone deaf?
Keep sweeping it under the mat
Thought we can do better than that
I hope we can
So comfortable, we live in a bubble, a bubble
So comfortable, we can’t see the trouble, the trouble
Aha, so good (so good)
Your rose-colored glasses on
And party on
Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
Turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
Yeah, we think we're free
Drink, this one is on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm to the rhythm
Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
Turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
Yeah, we think we're free
Drink, this one is on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm to the rhythm
It is my desire
Break down the walls to connect, inspire
Ay, up in your high place, liars
Time is ticking for the empire
The truth they feed is feeble
As so many times before
They greed over the people
They stumbling and fumbling and we're about to riotThey woke up, they woke up the lions (woo!)
Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
Yeah, we think we're free
Drink, this one is on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm to the rhythm
It goes on, and on, and on (turn it up )
It goes on, and on, and on
It goes on, and on, and on
(It goes on) 'cause we're all chained to the rhythm
 
 
 


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 497
Date:
New Album


Where the hell is Shania??? She's disappeared... I wonder what she's doin'. Maybe she's back in studio to work on another album.

__________________

Things I always thought were strange, aren't that strange at all

All in all



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8866
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


matteotempo wrote:

Where the hell is Shania??? She's disappeared... I wonder what she's doin'. Maybe she's back in studio to work on another album.


That's funny! biggrinbiggrinbiggrin 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8866
Date:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

'We Got Something They Don't' is on @iHeartRadio's #NewCountryWeekly Playlist. Thanks for the addition guys 😘 Listen here:
https://www.iheart.com/playlist/new-country-weekly-312064750-XpQKUhwLj8ADfMRmuXnnKR/

9:35 AM ET - 16 Nov 17

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8866
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Butters wrote:

Yikes. Shania will never catch up to Taylor again.

600,000 sold IN ONE DAY!!

variety.com/2017/music/news/taylor-swift-reputation-first-day-week-sales-1202612769/


Billboard is reporting 'Reputation' sold 700,000 copies on first day and is on pace to sell over 1 Million copies in its first week!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8031321/taylor-swift-reputation-sold-700000-first-day-nielsen-music-big-machine-records


Update: Taylor Swift’s Reputation album sold 1.05 million copies in the U.S. over its first four days of release, according to initial sales reports to Nielsen Music. It’s the first album to sell a million copies in a tracking week in nearly two years, since Adele’s 25 sold 1.16 million copies in the frame ending Dec. 25, 2015 (the album’s fifth week on sale). Reputation is now Swift’s fourth album to log a million-selling week. It follows her last three studio efforts, which all saw million-selling opening frames: 1989 (1.29 million in 2014), Red (1.21 million, 2012) and Speak Now (1.05 million, 2010). Swift is now the only act to have four million-selling weeks, since Nielsen Music began electronically tracking music sales in 1991.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8038287/taylor-swift-reputation-sold-105-million-copies-first-four-days


Kelsea Ballerini's new album Unapologetically is also a great album! It's not too Country and not too Pop. It just debuted at No. 7 on Billboard 200 and No. 3 on Billboard Top Country Albums chart. I think she has one of the best voices in music today! Especially the way she harmonizes.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

«First  <  17 8 9 | Page of 9  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard