Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Shania's new house?


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 659
Date:
Shania's new house?


I found this online.  I don't closely follow Shania's living situation, as it doesn't really interest me, so maybe this is old news, I don't know.  But I thought other fans may be interested.

CORSEAUX SWITZERLAND August 29, 2009 EXCLUSIVE Shania Twains new house in the town of Corseaux, Switzeralnd is a much smaller and simpler villa than the castle she used to live which she sold to a wealthy Russian for an estimated 30 Million Swiss Francs. The new house is 5 miles from Montreux where there are recording studios. She recently divorced from her husband Mutt Lange and it seems she will marry Frederic Thiebaud. Photogragh : PacificCoastNews




Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

Nice place,they are claiming she is divorced to,i guess she must be.

__________________
Sam


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

I am not surprised that she downsized....I don't get the impression that she is hughly materialistic. I remember an interview she did where she said that too much money was a burden......that a person only needs enough to live on...........the rest is just a burden..........

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

I just always wonder why anybody needs 80 room.

__________________
Sam


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

I just always wonder why anybody needs 80 room.



Things like that are all about status.......some people think if you have lots of money then you are supposed to LOOK like you have lots of money.  I can't be certain but I think her ex was very into money and the materialism it brings.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 678
Date:

The old house was appearantly too big as it gave them too much space to live in the same house but living seperate lives or so it seems.  Just think about it.  You could actually live in a house that big and not see someone for days if you chose not to.  Too much space is a bad thing I think especially in a relationship but also on the other hand not enough space can be a bad thing.  There has to be a happy medium I think.
Can you post bigger pictures or the link to this story?

Thanks,
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

I just always wonder why anybody needs 80 room.



Their original estate did not have 80 rooms - more like 46 -  from what I recall.

 



-- Edited by PurplePeopleEater on Saturday 29th of August 2009 07:34:27 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

I thought they first bought a place that was 80 something rooms, sold that and bought one that was like 40 rooms.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Nope

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

UpUpUp, Could you post a link to the article/pictures?

__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 659
Date:

I only had access to the thumbnail-sized pics. But I thought that would be better than nothing. And there was no story that went along with them, just the text that I pasted above. There was nothing else.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:

I thought she sold that one as well? She's back in La Tour De Peilz.

__________________

May 29th, 2010 - my dream came true. 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 659
Date:

Rita wrote:

I thought she sold that one as well? She's back in La Tour De Peilz.




I don't know how accurate the info is.  It could be all wrong for all I know.  I'm just passing it along.  Don't shoot the messenger! smile



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

This happened a few years ago. I was going through my news archives and found this:

• 8/21/06 Shania Moving To Corseaux, Switzerland. As reported a few months ago, Shania put her chateau in La Tour-de-Peilz, Switzerland up for sale. Now according to this French article (link below), Shania is moving into a smaller chateau in Corseaux, Switzerland. The formal move is expected around October. A pic of the house and a map of where Shania is moving in relation to La Tour-de-Peilz is included with the article. I used an online translator to translate the text into English. It's still kind of rough but you can get an idea of what they're talking about.
http://www.geocities.com/tommy3069/shaniamoving082006.html



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

Just a thought, but their change of properties at the time may be an indication of Shania and Mutt's marriage starting to crumble.

Seeing as Shania has a recording studio at her Switzerland home, she could hire any number of producers to fly out and work with her from there, so that way she can still remain close to Fred and spend quality time with Eja. 

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

twain2country wrote:

Just a thought, but their change of properties at the time may be an indication of Shania and Mutt's marriage starting to crumble.

Seeing as Shania has a recording studio at her Switzerland home, she could hire any number of producers to fly out and work with her from there, so that way she can still remain close to Fred and spend quality time with Eja.




But then how do you account for the NZ home????????????



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

twain2country wrote:

Just a thought, but their change of properties at the time may be an indication of Shania and Mutt's marriage starting to crumble.

Seeing as Shania has a recording studio at her Switzerland home, she could hire any number of producers to fly out and work with her from there, so that way she can still remain close to Fred and spend quality time with Eja.




But then how do you account for the NZ home????????????



So they could keep their distance from each other and what better way than having a property on the other side of the world.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

twain2country wrote:

 

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

 

twain2country wrote:

Just a thought, but their change of properties at the time may be an indication of Shania and Mutt's marriage starting to crumble.

Seeing as Shania has a recording studio at her Switzerland home, she could hire any number of producers to fly out and work with her from there, so that way she can still remain close to Fred and spend quality time with Eja.




But then how do you account for the NZ home????????????



So they could keep their distance from each other and what better way than having a property on the other side of the world.

 

 



That is a mighty expensive way to deal with such a matter!!  Who gets NZ?

 



__________________
Sam


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

I read that Mutt was getting the NZ property.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

Some sources claim he's living or has lived there in NZ with Fred's ex.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 678
Date:

Tommy wrote:

This happened a few years ago. I was going through my news archives and found this:

• 8/21/06 Shania Moving To Corseaux, Switzerland. As reported a few months ago, Shania put her chateau in La Tour-de-Peilz, Switzerland up for sale. Now according to this French article (link below), Shania is moving into a smaller chateau in Corseaux, Switzerland. The formal move is expected around October. A pic of the house and a map of where Shania is moving in relation to La Tour-de-Peilz is included with the article. I used an online translator to translate the text into English. It's still kind of rough but you can get an idea of what they're talking about.
http://www.geocities.com/tommy3069/shaniamoving082006.html



Looking on a map on goole earth this new house is pretty far from the old one but is closer to Nestle's by Night.  Did anyone else notice?  If Fred works for Nestle's maybe that is why the new house is close by where he works.  Just looking and guessing.  Still can't pinpoint exact location hard to tell which house might be hers.

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

twain2country wrote:

Some sources claim he's living or has lived there in NZ with Fred's ex.




I thought he was thorougly European - that seems odd.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

Well i had heard and i can't remember the name of the group this was a few months ago, but they were going to Switzerland to work with Mutt,he was going to produce a couple of songs.

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

Well i had heard and i can't remember the name of the group this was a few months ago, but they were going to Switzerland to work with Mutt,he was going to produce a couple of songs.



Maroon 5.

 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

That much is true, but I guess, he can't stay based in NZ all the time, because of having access to Eja and I assume Johanna goes to school in Switzerland.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

Just a note relating to Shania's property here in New Zealand... Everything has been extremly 'hush hush' but it has been worded that Shania is expected in Wanaka within the next week or so. I have no source for this but it has been said in many places. I just thought to metion that... There has been no confirmation as to who has the Wanaka property. I believe they will be sharing it. Mutt would have absolutly no use for it... It's totally customed to Shania's needs. It's also not as isolated as portrayed... Just a private road off a public road... No more extreme than her cottage on Canada.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

David NZ wrote:

Just a note relating to Shania's property here in New Zealand... Everything has been extremly 'hush hush' but it has been worded that Shania is expected in Wanaka within the next week or so. I have no source for this but it has been said in many p

Welaces. I just thought to metion that... There has been no confirmation as to who has the Wanaka property. I believe they will be sharing it. Mutt would have absolutly no use for it... It's totally customed to Shania's needs. It's also not as isolated as portrayed... Just a private road off a public road... No more extreme than her cottage on Canada.



We know that Eja and Johanna spent part of the summer with Shania and Fred, so now they've gone back or are going back to school, Mutt and Marie will presumably watch them. If Shania is heading for NZ as rumored, she'll have to leave Eja in Switzerland during term-time. Her and Fred will no doubt be traveling by themselves this time.

 



-- Edited by twain2country on Friday 4th of September 2009 04:53:54 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

twain2country wrote:

 

David NZ wrote:

Just a note relating to Shania's property here in New Zealand... Everything has been extremly 'hush hush' but it has been worded that Shania is expected in Wanaka within the next week or so. I have no source for this but it has been said in many p

Welaces. I just thought to metion that... There has been no confirmation as to who has the Wanaka property. I believe they will be sharing it. Mutt would have absolutly no use for it... It's totally customed to Shania's needs. It's also not as isolated as portrayed... Just a private road off a public road... No more extreme than her cottage on Canada.



We know that Eja and Johanna spent part of the summer with Shania and Fred, so now they've gone back or are going back to school, Mutt and Marie will presumably watch them. If Shania is heading for NZ as rumored, she'll have to leave Eja in Switzerland during term-time. Her and Fred will no doubt be traveling by themselves this time.

 



-- Edited by twain2country on Friday 4th of September 2009 04:53:54 AM

 



I thought Mutt got the NZ place in the settlement?

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

twain2country wrote:

 

David NZ wrote:

Just a note relating to Shania's property here in New Zealand... Everything has been extremly 'hush hush' but it has been worded that Shania is expected in Wanaka within the next week or so. I have no source for this but it has been said in many p

Welaces. I just thought to metion that... There has been no confirmation as to who has the Wanaka property. I believe they will be sharing it. Mutt would have absolutly no use for it... It's totally customed to Shania's needs. It's also not as isolated as portrayed... Just a private road off a public road... No more extreme than her cottage on Canada.



We know that Eja and Johanna spent part of the summer with Shania and Fred, so now they've gone back or are going back to school, Mutt and Marie will presumably watch them. If Shania is heading for NZ as rumored, she'll have to leave Eja in Switzerland during term-time. Her and Fred will no doubt be traveling by themselves this time.

 



-- Edited by twain2country on Friday 4th of September 2009 04:53:54 AM

 



I thought Mutt got the NZ place in the settlement?

 



I thought so too but maybe they are sharing it as David said. Shania is probably heading back there to record in the studio at that property..

 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

I have a hard time believing that a divorced couple would share anything,especially with all the money these two have.But i guess if things are getting better between Shania and Mutt and maybe they are friends it could happen.As far as Fred goes, he either quit his job or he is layoff because i just can't believe anybody has that much vacation time.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I love all this speculation - it almost gives one hope she just isn't lollygagging around the globe with her traveling companion.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I wonder if Fred can sing back up vocals, like Mutt did.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

I have a hard time believing that a divorced couple would share anything,especially with all the money these two have.But i guess if things are getting better between Shania and Mutt and maybe they are friends it could happen.As far as Fred goes, he either quit his job or he is layoff because i just can't believe anybody has that much vacation time.



Ordinary working folk can't take as much time off like Fred's been doing, as most companies only allow staff, a certain amount of time for holidays. So I think that's a very good point to raise.  I'm also curious as to who is exactly financing all these trips. One can assume, he's quite wealthy, but it would look pretty bad if he is sponging off Shania or so to speak.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:

twain2country wrote:

 

kelc317 wrote:

I have a hard time believing that a divorced couple would share anything,especially with all the money these two have.But i guess if things are getting better between Shania and Mutt and maybe they are friends it could happen.As far as Fred goes, he either quit his job or he is layoff because i just can't believe anybody has that much vacation time.



Ordinary working folk can't take as much time off like Fred's been doing, as most companies only allow staff, a certain amount of time for holidays. So I think that's a very good point to raise.  I'm also curious as to who is exactly financing all these trips. One can assume, he's quite wealthy, but it would look pretty bad if he is sponging off Shania or so to speak.

 



Well if you read this link that someone posted he is a operations manger,Sounds like good money but you would think the job would entail long hours,and he has only been with the company 3 years.I hope their not together 24/7  because that can really cause some problems in a relationship. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/fred-thiebaud/13/6ab/193

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 678
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

 

twain2country wrote:

 

kelc317 wrote:

I have a hard time believing that a divorced couple would share anything,especially with all the money these two have.But i guess if things are getting better between Shania and Mutt and maybe they are friends it could happen.As far as Fred goes, he either quit his job or he is layoff because i just can't believe anybody has that much vacation time.



Ordinary working folk can't take as much time off like Fred's been doing, as most companies only allow staff, a certain amount of time for holidays. So I think that's a very good point to raise.  I'm also curious as to who is exactly financing all these trips. One can assume, he's quite wealthy, but it would look pretty bad if he is sponging off Shania or so to speak.

 



Well if you read this link that someone posted he is a operations manger,Sounds like good money but you would think the job would entail long hours,and he has only been with the company 3 years.I hope their not together 24/7  because that can really cause some problems in a relationship. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/fred-thiebaud/13/6ab/193

 



I don't think theyare together 24/7 and that she likes it that way but maybe not him as he seems more taken with her then she is with him..  I could be wrong.  Also I read somewhere that his job required a lot of travel.  3 years with a company is not a long time so I would not think that he is that valuable to them that they would let him take such a long sabbatical unless Shania arranged it. OR there is always the marriage thing.  Maybe they are married.  Now he has access to all those millions and doesn't mind living off of her as she doesn't care about the money only being happy and if he is what makes her happy then millions be gone.  Maybe his ex-wife was rich and he got lots in the divorce settlement since she was the one who walked.  Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth to Marie Ann if that were the case?biggrin  I'd still like help finding exactly where this is on google earth.  Can see the old place but can't find the new one.  Can Any one help with this?
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto

 



-- Edited by Tonto on Friday 4th of September 2009 10:29:28 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

I'm still curious to know what house she is living in, what happened to the Blonay ranch?
So where does she keep her horses in Switzerland?
Has anyone googled earthed the Canadian cottage?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 678
Date:

poppie wrote:

I'm still curious to know what house she is living in, what happened to the Blonay ranch?
So where does she keep her horses in Switzerland?
Has anyone googled earthed the Canadian cottage?



Can't get good pictres of anything in Canada on the Lake of Bays with the free version of google earth.  She has a new house in Switzerland with a barn and horses are there with her now I think that is why she wanted a new place as the other one did not have stables and they probably would not let them build them on the old estate as I think it is some kind of historical site or something.  I may be wrong on the that part but I do know the old place did not have stables.  Can see the old Chateau de Sully good on google earth.  Can't find the new place.  Lots of trees.
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 678
Date:

Says in the article of Us Weekly that Marie Ann and Mutt are living together and that they only live a mile from Shania.  I guess that is good for Eja and Johanna to have access to their parents.  Kind of weird to adjust to at first I guess but it does make things easier if parents are close to each other and everyone is happy.

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto


__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

Somebody emailed me the following:

For the Chateau de Sully where Shania lived before with Mutt, it was not Versailles!!! The fans write anything (rubbish!!). It was a residence as there is a lot in Switzerland. The term " chateau " is a frequent naming over there. The property had 20 rooms and not 80 .........

__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I thought it has 46 rooms.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

kelc317 wrote:

 

twain2country wrote:

 

kelc317 wrote:

I have a hard time believing that a divorced couple would share anything,especially with all the money these two have.But i guess if things are getting better between Shania and Mutt and maybe they are friends it could happen.As far as Fred goes, he either quit his job or he is layoff because i just can't believe anybody has that much vacation time.



Ordinary working folk can't take as much time off like Fred's been doing, as most companies only allow staff, a certain amount of time for holidays. So I think that's a very good point to raise.  I'm also curious as to who is exactly financing all these trips. One can assume, he's quite wealthy, but it would look pretty bad if he is sponging off Shania or so to speak.

 



Well if you read this link that someone posted he is a operations manger,Sounds like good money but you would think the job would entail long hours,and he has only been with the company 3 years.I hope their not together 24/7  because that can really cause some problems in a relationship. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/fred-thiebaud/13/6ab/193

 

 



I had no idea Nestle is larger than Kraft Foods and it is the largest food oriented comglomerate in the world - check wiki for details.  Nestle is HQ'd in Vevay, Switzerland!

 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Tonto wrote:

poppie wrote:

I'm still curious to know what house she is living in, what happened to the Blonay ranch?
So where does she keep her horses in Switzerland?
Has anyone googled earthed the Canadian cottage?



Can't get good pictres of anything in Canada on the Lake of Bays with the free version of google earth.  She has a new house in Switzerland with a barn and horses are there with her now I think that is why she wanted a new place as the other one did not have stables and they probably would not let them build them on the old estate as I think it is some kind of historical site or something.  I may be wrong on the that part but I do know the old place did not have stables.  Can see the old Chateau de Sully good on google earth.  Can't find the new place.  Lots of trees.
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto

 



I thought the chateau de sully had stables, was'nt there a video riding her horse fromone of the stables.
So what happened to the house shania and mutt moved into when the chateau was sold?
Yes google earth did'nt show the Candian property.
What property was she at when she shot her video?

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

I thought it has 46 rooms.




 Who knows. It's all too confusing.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

Tonto wrote:

Says in the article of Us Weekly that Marie Ann and Mutt are living together and that they only live a mile from Shania.  I guess that is good for Eja and Johanna to have access to their parents.  Kind of weird to adjust to at first I guess but it does make things easier if parents are close to each other and everyone is happy.

Warmest regards as always,
Tonto



We have been waiting for a follow up on their situation in ages, but as Us Weekly confirms Mutt and Marie Ann are still in a relationship. I can't imagine how awkard that must be for both Shania and Fred having their cheating partners living close by. Although, it is of benefit to the kids as Tonto pointed out, with having access to each parent. I guess they just want to make life as normal as possible for Eja and Johanna regardless of their marital failures.

 



-- Edited by twain2country on Saturday 5th of September 2009 02:18:07 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

Tommy wrote:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:

I thought it has 46 rooms.




 Who knows. It's all too confusing.



Their former Chateau de Sully had 5 bedrooms, because Shania mentioned this on the Jonathan Ross show in the UK. The press may be exagerating the 46 rooms thing.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:

poppie wrote:

Tonto wrote:

 

poppie wrote:

I'm still curious to know what house she is living in, what happened to the Blonay ranch?
So where does she keep her horses in Switzerland?
Has anyone googled earthed the Canadian cottage?



Can't get good pictres of anything in Canada on the Lake of Bays with the free version of google earth.  She has a new house in Switzerland with a barn and horses are there with her now I think that is why she wanted a new place as the other one did not have stables and they probably would not let them build them on the old estate as I think it is some kind of historical site or something.  I may be wrong on the that part but I do know the old place did not have stables.  Can see the old Chateau de Sully good on google earth.  Can't find the new place.  Lots of trees.
Warmest regards as always,
Tonto

 



I thought the chateau de sully had stables, was'nt there a video riding her horse fromone of the stables.
So what happened to the house shania and mutt moved into when the chateau was sold?
Yes google earth did'nt show the Candian property.
What property was she at when she shot her video?

 



I read that there was an issue about Shania wanting to build stables on one of her newer properties, after Chateau de Sully was sold.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:

Shania really said in an interview there were around 20 rooms in that chateau.

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 13671
Date:

Tanya wrote:

Shania really said in an interview there were around 20 rooms in that chateau.



I remember Shania saying that too. The press always says 46 rooms as in the current issue of Us Weekly.




__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

I believe I can say with conplete sincerity that I'm getting tired of hearing about her home purchases.

__________________
Chris Farley


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Indubitably.

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard