Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Shania records "Endless Love" with Lionel Richie! - VIDEO p. 5


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:
RE: Shania records "Endless Love" with Lionel Richie! - VIDEO p. 5


Another ouch.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Date:

I downloaded Tuskegee today. I loved the entire album......especially Endless Love. I have been calling my local radio stations to request it!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

"Endless Love" debuts at No. 39 on the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart. The song had 18 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 5-11).


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 4 spots this week to No. 35 with 25 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 12-18). That's an increase of 7 more plays than last week.

***Only 2 radio stations are playing the song. WLTW in New York City and KOST in Los Angeles.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" fell 4 spots this week to No. 39 with 21 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 19-25). That's a decrease of 4 plays than last week.

***The 21 plays are still only coming from the New York and Los Angeles AC stations.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 11 spots this week to No. 28 with 59 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 26 - Mar. 3). That's an increase of 38 more plays than last week.

***The New York AC station dropped the song but 2 new AC stations in Austin, TX & Honolulu, HI added the song. Los Angeles is still spinning the duet.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 3 spots this week to No. 25 with 88 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 4 - 10). That's an increase of 29 more plays than last week.

***The song is now being played on 5 AC stations (Austin, TX; Chattanooga, TN; Honolulu, HI; New York, NY & Los Angeles, CA).


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 6 spots this week to No. 19 with 125 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 11 - 17). That's an increase of 37 more plays than last week.

 


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" falls 1 spot this week to No. 20 with 147 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 18 - 24). Even though it fell 1 spot, that's still an increase of 22 more plays than last week.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

barebackwarrior wrote:

Shania looked great in the video, sort of like WYKM 10 years ago. But her acting in the video was off. She looked like she was going through the motions shooting a beachy commercial rather than a music video. They looked more like friends. I don't know if Nashville bosses wanted to portray them in a prim and proper light cause they are older people, and the stereotype is that only young people can feel and express affection. How many love scenes do you see in country videos with older people? The director should have hired real actors to play lovers if Shania and Lionel were going to act like two friends who care about each other. Remember that Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin video where they showed romantic footage of the Disney characters while the singers sang and remained friendly at a distance?  They sounds fine in the video which is a plus.



-- Edited by barebackwarrior on Monday 26th of March 2012 08:39:23 PM


This is exactly what I was saying (but I thought she looked tired-especially in the beginning-but it could just be her age).

There was no chemistry between them. It looked like two friends meeting up after being apart.

I like your idea of how they should of had younger lovers in the video portraying the relationship aspect of the song.

If Shania feels uncomfortable acting the part of a lover in videos, she should get an actress who does not mind. Shania did the same thing in PFT (when she hugs Mark/Billy she hugs them like she is their mother or something.....no chemistry. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tommy wrote:

According to Amazon.com, there is a DELUXE EDITION of Tuskegee which includes an exclusive DVD featuring the making of the record, artist interviews and behind the scenes footage.

Barnes & Noble has a track listing of the DVD and for "Endless Love" it has a time of 4:29, much longer than all the others (anywhere between 1:19-2:59). That would be great if it's the music video!

I went ahead and ordered the Deluxe Edition from Amazon. It's only $11.99.


Unfortunately it's not the "Endless Love" music video. Most of the footage is from Shania's "Why Not?" series. There is also some footage of Lionel and Shania recording the song.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:

I love the Video with Lionel and Richie. I bought the Tuskagee album through ITunes. Love it!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 182
Date:

Tuskegee is #1 on iTunes right now. Gonna be honest - didn't expect that. Pleasantly surprised.

__________________

"I'm a maker of love songs! A chanteuse!" - Shannie



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 678
Date:

Hi,

Watched Lionel on Letterman and on April 13th on CBS there is supposed to be a special with Lionel.  No mention of Shania but there were no details given about the special only the date.  

Warmest regards as always,

Tonto

Found this on Lionelrichie.com right after posting the above info.

More Artists Added to ACM Presents: Lionel Richie & Friends In Concert

 

The Academy of Country Music and dick clark productions announced today that country music superstars Luke Bryan, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw and Jennifer Nettles have been added to the all-star lineup of artists scheduled to perform at the ACM PRESENTS: Lionel Richie and Friends – In Concert taping Monday, April 2, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The special will air Friday, April 13, 2012 on the CBS Television Network.

ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends – In Concert is a special concert event of country music collaborations with the legendary Lionel Richie, featuring duets from his upcoming album Tuskegee, out March 26, 2012, along with solo performances. Some of Richie’s greatest hits will be performed by today’s hottest country artists including Jason Aldean (“Say You Say Me”), The Band Perry (“Penny Lover”), Luke Bryan (“Running with the Night”), Sara Evans, Lady Antebellum (“Truly”), Martina McBride (“Still”), Jennifer Nettles (“Hello”) and Rascal Flatts (“Dancing on the Ceiling”).  Duets with Richie include: “My Love” with Kenny Chesney, “Sail On” with  Tim McGraw, “Lady” with Kenny Rogers, and more surprises to be announced.

Tickets to the April 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada taping are available here.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Date:

I just heard "Endless Love" on a strictly COUNTRY STATION today!!! Maybe they released it to Country!

__________________

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Madonna, Lionel Richie Set For Big Billboard 200 Debuts

by Keith Caulfield, L.A. | March 28, 2012 6:10 EDT

.....Switching gears away from Madonna for a moment, she won't be the only big news on the Billboard 200 next week.

Lionel Richie is poised to notch his best sales week since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991 and his highest charting album since 1986.

His country collaborations album "Tuskegee" is looking at a No. 2 debut with maybe 125,000 to 150,000 sold. The album collects many of Richie's best-known hits, but he has re-recorded them with an army of country stars. Among the luminaries: Shania Twain ("Endless Love"), Blake Shelton ("You Are"), Kenny Chesney ("My Love") and Tim McGraw ("Sail On").

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, April 4.

The last time Richie was in the top two was October of 1986, when "Dancing on the Ceiling" spent two weeks at No. 1.

Richie is also benefitting from a partnership with HSN, where the singer appeared during an hour-long special on March 16. Universal Music Group, Richie's record company, says he sold 20,000 "Tuskegee" albums during the show. (Those sales will count towards the album's debut week, as they were not fulfilled to the customer until this week.)

Here's a flashback for you. When was the last time Madonna and Richie were in the top five at the same time on the Billboard 200? Way back on Oct. 4, 1986, when "Dancing on the Ceiling" was No. 1 for a second week and Madonna's former No. 1, "True Blue," was No. 5.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/madonna-lionel-richie-set-for-big-billboard-1006603552.story



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Date:

Butters wrote:
barebackwarrior wrote:

Shania looked great in the video, sort of like WYKM 10 years ago. But her acting in the video was off. She looked like she was going through the motions shooting a beachy commercial rather than a music video. They looked more like friends. I don't know if Nashville bosses wanted to portray them in a prim and proper light cause they are older people, and the stereotype is that only young people can feel and express affection. How many love scenes do you see in country videos with older people? The director should have hired real actors to play lovers if Shania and Lionel were going to act like two friends who care about each other. Remember that Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin video where they showed romantic footage of the Disney characters while the singers sang and remained friendly at a distance?  They sounds fine in the video which is a plus.



-- Edited by barebackwarrior on Monday 26th of March 2012 08:39:23 PM


This is exactly what I was saying (but I thought she looked tired-especially in the beginning-but it could just be her age).

There was no chemistry between them. It looked like two friends meeting up after being apart.

I like your idea of how they should of had younger lovers in the video portraying the relationship aspect of the song.

If Shania feels uncomfortable acting the part of a lover in videos, she should get an actress who does not mind. Shania did the same thing in PFT (when she hugs Mark/Billy she hugs them like she is their mother or something.....no chemistry. 


Thanks. You are right, she did the same in PFT. Maybe she is uncomfortable with acting out romantic scenes which is understandable if she is conservative that way. She did have younger actors in FAFA and that worked as she played the beautiful singer telling a story. It worked then and it would work again.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Shania Twain Sings For First Time In 5 Years With Lionel Richie

BY Nicole Karlis 12.43 PM EDT 03.29.2012

Shania breaks her silent streak and finally belts out tunes with Lionel Richie! You’ll love their duet!

Lionel Richie‘s new album isn’t just going to be a hit for him – it’s also giving Shania Twain her comeback!

Shania is back in the spotlight for the first time in five years since she battled with the awful vocal disease dysophonia.

She and Lionel re-recorded his famous 1981 hit “Endless Love,” which he originally sang with Diana Ross, but this version has more of a country twang with Twain in the mix — not to mention she looks and sounds amazing!

Lionel’s new album, Tuskegee — which also features duets with Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney — can be purchased on HSN here.

Watch Shania & Lionel’s video below:

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/03/29/shania-twain-lionel-richie-endless-love/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date:

it's a great video and as shania fan we sure support her!

__________________
Jennifer Cartier


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

mlc0038mlc wrote:

The Today Show with Hoda and Kathy Lee talked about Shania this morning. Hoda has a segment called "Hoda's Playlist" where she talks about a song she is loving and today's pick was Endless Love. They said really nice things about Shania which as a Shania fan made my day!


 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date:

Do you have the video of today show?

__________________
Jennifer Cartier


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date:

Never mind I found the clip

__________________
Jennifer Cartier


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

ACM Awards: Star duets, onstage wedding and the ACM Experience

THE TELECASTS

Reba McEntire and Blake co-host the awards together for the second consecutive year -- Reba has hosted 14 previous shows. It’s also Blake’s first Entertainer of the Year nomination.

Performers include Jason Aldean, who is nominated for six awards; Kenny, up for nine awards, including Entertainer of the Year, which he has won four times since 2004; Toby, three awards; and Miranda Lambert, Blake’s wife, has two nods. Also performing: 14-time ACM winner Tim, the Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood.

Presenters include Lionel, Taylor Swift, Nancy O’Dell, Beth Behrs, Hunter Hayes and KISS, who promised me that they will the red carpet in full makeup and will arrive onboard a monster truck instead of a limo. The emotional highlight, I’m betting, will be the onstage wedding of Christina Davidson and Frank Tucci as Martina and Pat sing “ Marry Me.”

On Monday evening, Lionel will be honored with a special taping of “ACM Presents Lionel Richie & Friends in Concert” to be broadcast on CBS on April 13. It will feature duets from his newest album “Tuskegee” released this week. Some of his greatest hits will be performed by Jason (“Say You, Say Me”), the Band Perry (“Penny Lover”), Luke Bryan (“Running With the Night”), Sara Evans and Lady Antebellum (“Truly”), Martina (“Still”), Jennifer Nettles (“Hello”) and Rascal Flatts (“Dancing on the Ceiling”).

Lionel will join Kenny to sing “My Love,” Tim on “Sail On,” Kenny Rogers on “Lady” -- and I’m hearing rumors that new Caesars Palace headliner Shania Twain will be a last-minute surprise to duet “Endless Love,” which we reported Monday. Lionel used YouTube to answer five questions about Monday’s show that tops the ACM weekend.

Lionel said, “It has been so rewarding to have my songs embraced by country music artists -- they have welcomed me into their family with open arms. I’ve always felt at home in country because I was raised just down the road from Nashville in Tuskegee, Ala. This show will be a homecoming and family reunion combined, and I’m so glad to share the special moments. It will be a night that I will remember for the rest of my life.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/mar/29/acm-awards-star-duets-onstage-wedding-and-acm-expe/



__________________
Dennis


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:

Thank you. Hope, she'll be there!



-- Edited by Tanya on Friday 30th of March 2012 09:37:05 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

peever wrote:

ACM Awards: Star duets, onstage wedding and the ACM Experience

THE TELECASTS

Reba McEntire and Blake co-host the awards together for the second consecutive year -- Reba has hosted 14 previous shows. It’s also Blake’s first Entertainer of the Year nomination.

Performers include Jason Aldean, who is nominated for six awards; Kenny, up for nine awards, including Entertainer of the Year, which he has won four times since 2004; Toby, three awards; and Miranda Lambert, Blake’s wife, has two nods. Also performing: 14-time ACM winner Tim, the Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood.

Presenters include Lionel, Taylor Swift, Nancy O’Dell, Beth Behrs, Hunter Hayes and KISS, who promised me that they will the red carpet in full makeup and will arrive onboard a monster truck instead of a limo. The emotional highlight, I’m betting, will be the onstage wedding of Christina Davidson and Frank Tucci as Martina and Pat sing “ Marry Me.”

On Monday evening, Lionel will be honored with a special taping of “ACM Presents Lionel Richie & Friends in Concert” to be broadcast on CBS on April 13. It will feature duets from his newest album “Tuskegee” released this week. Some of his greatest hits will be performed by Jason (“Say You, Say Me”), the Band Perry (“Penny Lover”), Luke Bryan (“Running With the Night”), Sara Evans and Lady Antebellum (“Truly”), Martina (“Still”), Jennifer Nettles (“Hello”) and Rascal Flatts (“Dancing on the Ceiling”).

Lionel will join Kenny to sing “My Love,” Tim on “Sail On,” Kenny Rogers on “Lady” -- and I’m hearing rumors that new Caesars Palace headliner Shania Twain will be a last-minute surprise to duet “Endless Love,” which we reported Monday. Lionel used YouTube to answer five questions about Monday’s show that tops the ACM weekend.

Lionel said, “It has been so rewarding to have my songs embraced by country music artists -- they have welcomed me into their family with open arms. I’ve always felt at home in country because I was raised just down the road from Nashville in Tuskegee, Ala. This show will be a homecoming and family reunion combined, and I’m so glad to share the special moments. It will be a night that I will remember for the rest of my life.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/mar/29/acm-awards-star-duets-onstage-wedding-and-acm-expe/


Strange. If you click on the link to Monday's article (which I posted on Monday) I don't see anything about Shania performing "Endless Love" with Lionel.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

You can now vote for "Endless Love" on CMT's Top 20 Countdown and GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown! VOTE NOW!



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

Yes, I'm sure she will be there! biggrinbiggrin

When pigs fly......



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

"Endless Love" debuts this week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart at No. 24 (week of March 17).


In its second week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbs 2 spots to No. 22 (week of March 24).


In its third week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbs 4 spots to No. 18 (week of March 31).


In its fourth week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" falls 1 spot to No. 19 (week of April 7).



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

"Endless Love" debuts at No. 39 on the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart. The song had 18 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 5-11).


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 4 spots this week to No. 35 with 25 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 12-18). That's an increase of 7 more plays than last week.

***Only 2 radio stations are playing the song. WLTW in New York City and KOST in Los Angeles.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" fell 4 spots this week to No. 39 with 21 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 19-25). That's a decrease of 4 plays than last week.

***The 21 plays are still only coming from the New York and Los Angeles AC stations.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 11 spots this week to No. 28 with 59 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of Feb. 26 - Mar. 3). That's an increase of 38 more plays than last week.

***The New York AC station dropped the song but 2 new AC stations in Austin, TX & Honolulu, HI added the song. Los Angeles is still spinning the duet.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 3 spots this week to No. 25 with 88 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 4 - 10). That's an increase of 29 more plays than last week.

***The song is now being played on 5 AC stations (Austin, TX; Chattanooga, TN; Honolulu, HI; New York, NY & Los Angeles, CA).


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbed 6 spots this week to No. 19 with 125 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 11 - 17). That's an increase of 37 more plays than last week.

 


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" falls 1 spot this week to No. 20 with 147 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 18 - 24). Even though it fell 1 spot, that's still an increase of 22 more plays than last week.


On the Mediabase Radio Airplay Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" holds at No. 20 with 148 spins/plays for the week in the U.S. (week of March 25 - 31). That's an increase of 1 more play than last week.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Secret weapon makes Madonna No. 1

In a heated war for No. 1 on the Billboard charts this week, Madonna found herself in a battle with an unlikely opponent — Lionel Richie. And she’s being accused of using a sneaky move to win the crown. Heading into the Billboard 200 chart’s unveiling last night, Richie’s “Tuskegee” was projected as No. 1 over Her Madgesty’s “MDNA,” which would end Madonna’s streak of five No. 1 album debuts. Richie’s album of duets with country stars Shania Twain, Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton and Taylor Swift was No. 1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart, which tracks sales of music merchants including iTunes, Target and Best Buy before the Billboard chart comes out. But Madge’s new disc was able to handily surpass Richie’s thanks to a promo campaign with Ticketmaster, in which her fans received a copy of “MDNA” when they bought a ticket to the Material Girl’s US tour — and those copies were counted in her sales tally. (The same scheme has previously helped propel Jon Bon Jovi and Tom Petty to the top of the charts.) “It’s not a free album,” an industry source explains of the promo copies of “MDNA.” “While the public may view it as free, it’s actually bundled into the price of the ticket.” Madonna’s album sold 359,000 copies in its debut, including the promo copies. “Tuskegee” rang up 199,000 copies, which was Richie’s best start since SoundScan began tracking sales back in 1991.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/secret_weapon_makes_madge_no_9WU4V9QOnAhYLynwH0p9fO


__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Madonna's 'MDNA' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200, Lionel Richie Bows at No. 2

April 03, 2012
By Keith Caulfield (@keith_caulfield), Los Angeles

Madonna scores her eighth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart with the debut of her "MDNA," while Lionel Richie's all-star country collaborations covers album "Tuskegee" bows in the runner-up slot -- his highest-charting album since 1986.

Madonna remains in second place among women with the most No. 1 albums. She now needs only one more No. 1 to tie Barbra Streisand, the leader among women with nine chart-toppers.

"MDNA" sold 359,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan, and is Madonna's fifth straight studio album to debut at No. 1. It follows 2008's "Hard Candy," which moved 280,000 in its first week. "MDNA's" opener is her best sales week since 2000's "Music" shifted 420,000 when it debuted at No. 1.

Meanwhile, Richie's "Tuskegee" starts with 199,000 -- his best sales week since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991. His previous largest frame in that span of time was when 2006's "Coming Home" started with 75,000 at No. 6 in 2006. Richie was last higher on the Billboard 200 in 1986, when "Dancing on the Ceiling" spent two weeks at No. 1.

Like other veteran acts before him, Richie opted for a creative way to reach consumers with "Tuskegee." Not only did he go the covers route (see: Tony Bennett, Rod Stewart, etc.) but he also brought in a gaggle of A-listers (again, Bennett with his "Duets" albums, or, Santana's "Supernatural"). Further, he isn't just covering old tunes -- he's covering his own familiar hit singles, but with a country slant.

Richie also was the focus of an hour-long concert special on the Home Shopping Network on March 16. Sales generated from the broadcast amounted to about 20,000 sold, says Richie's record label, Universal Music Nashville.

A traditional studio album from Richie would have likely never sold as well as "Tuskegee," which targets multiple demographics all in one tidy package. Case in point: In one week, "Tuskegee" moved more than twice what his last studio album did in total -- 2009's "Just Go" has done 95,000.

In terms of release-week promotion, Madonna was basically off the radar, instead focusing her energy on rehearsals for her upcoming world tour. That stands in contrast to Richie, who worked the TV circuit hard in the past week.

He was the focus of multiple CMT specials and was interviewed on NBC's "Weekend Today" (March 25), appeared on "The Voice" (26, the album's release date), performed on "Today" (27), "The Late Show With David Letterman" (27), chatted with CNN's "Piers Morgan" (27) and finally, performed on CBS' "Academy of Country Music Awards" (April 1).

As for Madonna, since headlining the Feb. 5 Super Bowl halftime show, she's been laying low. Her only significant recent media appearances have been via a live Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon (March 24) and a brief drop-in at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami the same night.

"MDNA's" sales were aided by a successful album sales promotion involving Madonna's upcoming world tour. U.S. customers who bought a concert ticket had the option of also receiving the album as part of their purchase. The only sales that count towards Billboard's charts are those where the customer opted to receive "MDNA."

This sort of ticket/album promotion has been used in the recent past by such acts as Bon Jovi and Tom Petty. The latter's "Mojo" album saw a No. 2 debut on July 3, 2010 -- thanks to a fair number of customers who got the album via a ticket purchase. The same goes for Bon Jovi's 2007 No. 1 album "Lost Highway."

Our regular recap of the week's top 10 selling albums and songs will be available on Wednesday (April 4) morning.

 


__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Lionel Richie Happy to Be No. 2 to Madonna, Already Planning Country Album No. 2

Posted Apr 4th 2012 6:00PM by Melinda Newman

Lionel Richie has reason to be dancing on the ceiling today as 'Tuskegee,' his duets album with many top country stars, came in at No. 1 on Billboard's Country Albums chart Wednesday.

The album, which features collaborations with Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker, Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, Shania Twain and many more, is Lionel's first set to bow at No. 1 on the country chart, but, more significantly, 'Tuskegee' starts at No. 2 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart, making it his highest debuting album in more than a quarter of a century. The last time he bowed so high was in 1986, when 'Dancing on the Ceiling' reached No. 1.

Standing between Lionel and the Billboard 200 top spot? Another artist who knows a thing or two about dominating the '80s: Madonna, whose 'MDNA' lands at No. 1.

An elated Lionel had a few choice words for Madonna, goodnaturedly of course, when The Boot talked to him at the the Academy of Country Music Awards: "Madonna? I'm going, 'Are you back again?' I mean, we were fighting it out in the '80s. But, you know what, it's a compliment to the whole thing, the fact that we're both doing this 20-some odd years later? C'mon, I'm the happiest guy in the world."

In fact, he tells the Boot that 'Tuskegee''s success "is probably one of the most amazing things that's ever happened" to him. And, as he told Hitfix last month, he's already committed to Vol. 2 of 'Tuskegee.'

If the April 2 taping of 'Lionel Richie and Friends,' which airs April 13 on CBS, is any indication, he already has a great head start on which artists to approach: Martina McBride performed a whisper soft 'Still,' Luke Bryan strutted on 'Running With the Night,' Lady Antebellum harmonized through 'Truly,' the Band Perry countrified 'Penny Lover' and Big & Rich closed the show with the Commodores' funk classic 'Brickhouse.' Add in Lionel's performance of 'Three Times a Lady,' and Vol. 2 is more than half completed if he decided to record with those artists.

"No. 2 is coming. And now that I know it takes that long to make it, I'm starting now to record it," Lionel says. "Whoever told me three weeks for a country album lied to me. Man, it was like, 'Can we fly here? Can we fly there?'," he laughs.

From start to finish, it took almost 10 months to record 'Tuskegee,' but as today's chart numbers show, it was well worth it.

http://www.theboot.com/2012/04/04/lionel-richie-madonna-charts/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

"Endless Love" debuts this week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart at No. 24 (week of March 17).


In its second week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbs 2 spots to No. 22 (week of March 24).


In its third week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" climbs 4 spots to No. 18 (week of March 31).


In its fourth week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" falls 1 spot to No. 19 (week of April 7).


In its fifth week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Chart, "Endless Love" holds at No. 19 (week of April 14).



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

MUSIC REVIEW
Checking In With...Lionel Richie

Hello, is it him you're looking for? Richie, 62, tells EW about his new album of duets with country superstars, his upcoming TV talent show, and why they love him in Dubai.

You did a duet with Alabama 25 years ago. Have you been thinking about doing a country-leaning record like Tuskegee [out now] ever since?

I was country-leaning as far back as "Easy Like Sunday Morning." And Kenny Rogers sang [the Richie-penned] "Lady" — that was 22 million sold! I've been a member of the CMAs for a long time, and this gave me a chance to go, "What else am I gonna do? I can't rap, forget that. So where's the next thing? Let's step back into country." And when I walked in the door, Nashville showed up.

One name that's missing from the CBS concert special you're doing on April 13 is Shania Twain. How will you use your magical powers to get her there?

Now, that is the $69 million question, because I know what it took to get her on the record. She is extremely, extremely shy. I'm using my powers, my friend — but let me just tell you, I may be losing part of my Afro trying to deal with this one.

You've been on American Idol, The Voice, and the Danish version of The X Factor. And this summer you'll serve as a mentor on the new ABC reality show Duets, along with Kelly Clarkson [right], Robin Thicke, and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles. Which of those shows would you have done the best on as a younger singer?

Are you kidding me? Lionel Richie trying to go out on stage and compete with someone who can belt songs? I can't do what they do!

Is there a TV network you haven't been on yet?

If you know me, the joke is if you see me on a cooking channel, it's about how to survive ptomaine poisoning. Because I am not the cook — you don't want me to. Me in the kitchen is only to ask, "What's for dinner?" But I don't think I've been on HBO, and I'd love to do a concert special for them.

You're huge in the Middle East. If you were to perform in Dubai, what would be the top song the crowd wants to hear?

In Dubai it's either "Hello" or "All Night Long." In China it's "Say You, Say Me." In Britain it's all the Commodores stuff. It's crazy. I played Abu Dhabi one night and people told me, "Don't expect too much." By the second song, I stopped and said, "Is this Detroit?" Because they knew all the songs.

Of all the hits you've written or sung in your career, which one has made you the most money?

Wow. Oh, Jesus. Probably "Lady"?

So do you have a car that "Lady" bought or something?

I have an estate that "Lady" bought.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

We're all going to be bald or balding from frustration by the time Shania comes out with a new album. She'll owe all of us money for Propecia. LOL!! I still love you Shania!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

PurplePeopleEater wrote:
Butters wrote:

Lionel is a saint. Shania shy?? Yes. Okay. Sure. The person who has done MAJOR world tours. The person who poses topless for mags. Yes, she is really "shy".

She sure has some issues after her divorce............


 She has never bared her breasts not posed in an itsy-bitsy teeny weeny bikini either, like some other country females:


These are the only topless shots I can remember. Really don't show much.

stfhm_uk-jan2003-1th.JPG fhm_germany-jan2003-1ath.JPG stinwater-ystocoverth.JPG stinwater-ystocover2th.JPG 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

Pure class. So sexual message intended. hmm

Every country singer wears skintight latex with with their nips pointing through. Sure. 

That Shape mag is much worse. 



-- Edited by Butters on Saturday 7th of April 2012 12:06:05 AM

Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

Lionel is a saint. Shania shy?? Yes. Okay. Sure. The person who has done MAJOR world tours. The person who poses topless for mags. Yes, she is really "shy".

She sure has some issues after her divorce............

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:

Butters wrote:

Lionel is a saint. Shania shy?? Yes. Okay. Sure. The person who has done MAJOR world tours. The person who poses topless for mags. Yes, she is really "shy".

She sure has some issues after her divorce............


He uses the wrong word here. It seems, she is not shy. She either lacks self-confidence or she just does not want to do it. My question is how a person who has a deal for 60 concerts a year hide like that? It would be better, if she really is afraid of stage, to come back there step by step. It would be wiser to start with such small parts in shows with one or two songs.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Butters wrote:

Lionel is a saint. Shania shy?? Yes. Okay. Sure. The person who has done MAJOR world tours. The person who poses topless for mags. Yes, she is really "shy".

She sure has some issues after her divorce............


 She has never bared her breasts not posed in an itsy-bitsy teeny weeny bikini either, like some other country females:



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

The music video is airing on UK music channel Bliss

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

It is normal to pose on a health magazine in a bikini. Shania's shots, like all lad mag shots she has done, are all much more crude IMO. Who takes their top off and then presses their breasts against a wall? Or wears latex skintight suits like FHM? Her shots are much, much more sexual in nature. Like the rollerblade shots where her boobs are practically falling into her lap.......

There is nothing suggestive in the Shape magazine pic posted above. Normal bikinis, normal happy smiles--not suggestive and leering like tons of Shania's shoots.

Shania has always been comfortable using her body in a sexual manner. She is not shy. That is why the Lionel quote is absurd.

He either should have said she has mental issues that she needs to deal with or she is just playing her fans. The only reasons why she is not performing with him. Shy is not a reason.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

And before anyone gives me the speech: yes, she can wear whatever she wants.

But don't try to sell me the line that she does not use her body to sell her music or act like she is demure.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:

I agree with you, Butters. She really used her body to sell her music. And I also agree on the thought that many of her photos are crude and vulgar. Some I find even tasteless. And this FHM shoot you mentioned IMO is the worst she's ever done. But it wasn't the only. Actually the photo next to the wall above is pretty if you compare to some others... In the first pic she wears white underwear under a black dress... I always found it tastless. Latex in the second and a sexy pose in the third...



-- Edited by Tanya on Saturday 7th of April 2012 07:48:23 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

I do not believe she cavorts in public in a string bikini, like Ms Rimes:

 

Shania conveys herself physically showing much less skin than most attractive singers and does it with class and attitude.





-- Edited by PurplePeopleEater on Saturday 7th of April 2012 08:17:18 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

I never realized what a nice butt Ms. Rimes has! biggrin



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 267
Date:

Not trying to start a argument because there is no need. I  dont think Lionel was going that far as is in  shy. Shy ,meaning shes people shy  and being on stage. its like a horse they can be real stubern at times  but they  eventually come around. my point is that she is just stubern at the moment she"ll come around youll see dont give up on her . 



__________________

I love Shania more then anything she is my number 1 idol  Im a proud Twainaic. 

Shania made my dream come  true in Vegas on June and will be seeing her again in July 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Butters wrote:

It is normal to pose on a health magazine in a bikini. Shania's shots, like all lad mag shots she has done, are all much more crude IMO. Who takes their top off and then presses their breasts against a wall? Or wears latex skintight suits like FHM? Her shots are much, much more sexual in nature. Like the rollerblade shots where her boobs are practically falling into her lap.......

There is nothing suggestive in the Shape magazine pic posted above. Normal bikinis, normal happy smiles--not suggestive and leering like tons of Shania's shoots.

Shania has always been comfortable using her body in a sexual manner. She is not shy. That is why the Lionel quote is absurd.

He either should have said she has mental issues that she needs to deal with or she is just playing her fans. The only reasons why she is not performing with him. Shy is not a reason.


 Last time I checked this was a Shania Twain FAN Forum. You never have anything good to say about Shania, but you always have good stuff to say about other stars. I typically never post anything because I hate being in the middle of stuff, but this has been ridiculous. If you are never going to say anything good about Shania, then why consider yourself a fan? People like you disgust me.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 267
Date:

Thank you terry i a gree 100% with you :) 



__________________

I love Shania more then anything she is my number 1 idol  Im a proud Twainaic. 

Shania made my dream come  true in Vegas on June and will be seeing her again in July 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tanya wrote:

Is the video available in iTunes Store?


Yes it is. Search "Lionel Richie Endless Love" and the video will be at the bottom.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Okay, everyone has had their say and opinion on Shania's shoot choices. Let's keep this an "Endless Love" thread.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

Tommy wrote:

You can now vote for "Endless Love" on CMT's Top 20 Countdown and GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown! VOTE NOW!


 "Endless Love" debuts at No. 19 on this week's GAC Top 20 Country Countdown (week of April 6-13). The video hasn't charted on CMT's countdown yet. Keep Voting!



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date:

Let's do something for Shania and get the video for endless love one of the top video on you tube!

__________________
Jennifer Cartier


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:

Is the video available in iTunes Store?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1395
Date:

Tommy wrote:

Okay, everyone has had their say and opinion on Shania's shoot choices. Let's keep this an "Endless Love" thread.


 I guess some folks think they can simply ignore you and always try to get the last word in, and try to demean Shania and her fans one last time.cry



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17585
Date:

I guess that's why they empower the moderator with the DELETE button.

__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard