Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:
New Album


When Beck won the Grammy for album of the year, his said album, Morning Phase, was practically unknown. NOW is too good to be completely ignored. There’s something coming.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Tommy wrote:
Robby wrote:

in German album charts cry

second week - # 41
third week - #72

https://www.offiziellecharts.de/album-details-334435

 

Switzerland

second week - #24

http://www.hitparade.ch/charts/alben/15-10-2017


NOW falls 1 spot to No. 6 in its third week on the ARIA Australian chart.

http://www.noise11.com/news/australian-charts-pink-beautiful-trauma-debuts-at-no-1-with-78000-sales-20171023


 in Austria

first week - #16

second week - #49

http://www.austriancharts.at/charts/alben/20-10-2017



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:
New Album


I was at work last night and "Poor Me" started playing! I was so shocked, I was like "where do I....." and then it hit me! I was very excited to say the least.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


“We Got Something They Don’t” debuts at #70 on the Mediabase Country Charts. Official impact date at Country Radio is October 30th. This is the album's second official single in the U.S. according to the most recent email sent out by Shania's label. They aren’t counting "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" as an official single.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:

Tommy wrote:

“We Got Something They Don’t” debuts at #70 on the Mediabase Country Charts. Official impact date at Country Radio is October 30th. This is the album's second official single in the U.S. according to the most recent email sent out by Shania's label. They aren’t counting "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" as an official single.


 That's a bit strange if you ask me. If "Swingin With My Eyes Closed" is not an official single, then why do we have an official music video for it? 

I guess Shania and her team weren't impressed with how "Swingin" was received, and decided to drop it as a single, and go for the next one.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 59
Date:

ShaniaFanSince03 wrote:
Tommy wrote:

“We Got Something They Don’t” debuts at #70 on the Mediabase Country Charts. Official impact date at Country Radio is October 30th. This is the album's second official single in the U.S. according to the most recent email sent out by Shania's label. They aren’t counting "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" as an official single.


 That's a bit strange if you ask me. If "Swingin With My Eyes Closed" is not an official single, then why do we have an official music video for it? 

I guess Shania and her team weren't impressed with how "Swingin" was received, and decided to drop it as a single, and go for the next one.


 Well, maybe they will try again with SWMEC next summer...it's not so strange to have a brand new video with no single release, especially 4 album date release.

I'm so happy 4 WGSTD impact on Mediabase, I truly hope a radio country big promo; I know it's not the most country song on the album, but hey, we have what we have ;)



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Tommy wrote:

“We Got Something They Don’t” debuts at #70 on the Mediabase Country Charts. Official impact date at Country Radio is October 30th. This is the album's second official single in the U.S. according to the most recent email sent out by Shania's label. They aren’t counting "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" as an official single.


 That's great news. How many spins did it have in the last 7 days?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:

LJ-R wrote:
Tommy wrote:

“We Got Something They Don’t” debuts at #70 on the Mediabase Country Charts. Official impact date at Country Radio is October 30th. This is the album's second official single in the U.S. according to the most recent email sent out by Shania's label. They aren’t counting "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" as an official single.


 That's great news. How many spins did it have in the last 7 days?


159 spins. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:
New Album


Please refresh when you say "spin" and airplay. Please refresh the process. I know what it is. I can google it and do a little rnd but let's use SWMEC as an example. So everyone who reads this can be on the same page when we say spin etc.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


DivaDewdHote wrote:

Please refresh when you say "spin" and airplay. Please refresh the process. I know what it is. I can google it and do a little rnd but let's use SWMEC as an example. So everyone who reads this can be on the same page when we say spin etc.


Yes, I would like to see the formula.  I don't understand any of it.  no 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:
New Album


Ow sorry peeps. 'Spins' = the amount of times a song is played on the radio. They track it per 7 days. So yesterday WGSTD had 159 spins on country radio in the 7 days prior. Today we hopefully see a big increase in that number.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of October 21): Shania's new album NOW debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Meanwhile, "Life's About To Get Good" falls 6 spots No. 18 in its tenth week on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. The songs also re-enters the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at No. 44. ("LATGG" debuted at No. 33 on July 8 and spent one week on the Hot Country Songs chart.)


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of October 28): After debuting at No. 1 last week, Shania's new album NOW plummets 28 spots to No. 29 in its second week on the Billboard 200 chart. The album falls 2 spots to No. 3 in its second week on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. NOW also falls 2 spots to No. 3 in its second week on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart. Meanwhile, "Life's About To Get Good" falls 1 spot to No. 19 in its eleventh week on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.


BILLBOARD UPDATE (week of November 4): Shania's new album NOW falls 33 spots to No. 62 in its third week on the Billboard 200 chart. The album falls 6 spots to No. 9 in its third week on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. NOW also falls 4 spots to No. 7 in its third week on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart. Meanwhile, "Life's About To Get Good" falls 1 spot to No. 20 in its twelfth week on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:

LJ-R wrote:

Ow sorry peeps. 'Spins' = the amount of times a song is played on the radio. They track it per 7 days. So yesterday WGSTD had 159 spins on country radio in the 7 days prior. Today we hopefully see a big increase in that number.


 So what you are saying her song was played 159 times on radio, in a 7 day period, across the US.  I knew what 'spins' meant .. just didn't get how infrequent that country radio played her song.  Unbelievable !!!!!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:
New Album


Any updates on country radio tommy?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:
New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


FYI: Soldier is at number 34 on the iTunes country chart.

She needs to release Soldier ASAP then Home Now then Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl. NOT We’ve Got Something They Don’t! Wtf?!?

I’m happy to see Soldier climb because I thought she completely bombed her Dancing With The Stars appearance. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

She did not lip sync on The Talk. She looked and sounded much better. The Ellen Show and Dancing With The Stars were some moments during here US Media Tour but let's truly see if it will make an impact on the numbers with the position on the charts, streams and moving forward.



-- Edited by DivaDewdHote on Wednesday 25th of October 2017 03:03:35 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 316
Date:
New Album


According to the mediabase country charts, WGSTD has only been added to 3 charting mediabade country stations this week. It has been added to other non charting mediabase stations. I’m like everyone else, it doesn’t make sense why Shania didn’t release Home Now as the lead single to country radio, but it is what it is. I think Shania’s team will soon learn that they need country radio. Y’all have said that Shania has a broad enough audience that she doesn’t need country radio, well that may be true, but to an extent. If it were so true, her album sales would be better. Had Shania’s team been smart enough to pick a better lead single that actually performed better at country radio, we’d see better sales. Radio still is a staple for sales and promotion. As far as y’all saying she needs to release Soldier as a single right now, Soldier is good winter time song. You typically don’t release slow songs in the fall, summer or sporting months. She will release that as a single as the movie it’s being involved kn gets closer. WGSTD is an untempo song that could become at least a top 20 hit for her at country radio. I think we’ll see Shania go more country on her next album, at least we hope.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 245
Date:

Wow! I'm very much impress with her performance on The Talk today! She sounded great!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Yeah just saw some clips and she sounds fan-flippin-tastic!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

Home Now is all about that inevitable journey we all go through. Listen to my new album NOW here: shaniatwain.lnk.to/NOW

Video clip of Shania talking about "Home Now" - https://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain/status/923581243639451649

12:05 PM ET - 26 Oct 17

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

Someone is trending on iTunes...



Attachments
__________________

"Find your self-esteem and be forever free to dream" - Shania Twain



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

NOW falls 10 spots to No. 11 in its second week on the UK Official Top 100 Albums chart.

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/20171013/7502/


NOW falls 11 spots to No. 22 in its third week on the UK Official Top 100 Albums chart.

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/20171020/7502/


NOW falls 18 spots to No. 40 in its fourth week on the UK Official Top 100 Albums chart.

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/20171027/7502/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 316
Date:
New Album


SWMEC and WGBYG have been cancelled as singles according to Shania’s Now Wikipedia page. WGBYG was never a Canadian single according to that. Plus I never found a legitable website or outlet to confirm it ever was a single.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Gigi wrote:

SWMEC and WGBYG have been cancelled as singles according to Shania’s Now Wikipedia page. WGBYG was never a Canadian single according to that. Plus I never found a legitable website or outlet to confirm it ever was a single.


 I wouldn’t entirely trust Wikipedia. Anyone can edit that. “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl” seems to be receiving a considerable amount of radio airplay. 



__________________

Cody 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:

Tommy wrote:
LJ-R wrote:
Tommy wrote:

“We Got Something They Don’t” debuts at #70 on the Mediabase Country Charts. Official impact date at Country Radio is October 30th. This is the album's second official single in the U.S. according to the most recent email sent out by Shania's label. They aren’t counting "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" as an official single.


 That's great news. How many spins did it have in the last 7 days?


159 spins. 


 The number of spins (159) is based on 5 Billboard reporting stations, and dated this coming week. Shania is the most-added new song (prior to radio release date, 10/30) at country radio this week. 



__________________

Cody 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 316
Date:

codyandshania wrote:
Gigi wrote:

SWMEC and WGBYG have been cancelled as singles according to Shania’s Now Wikipedia page. WGBYG was never a Canadian single according to that. Plus I never found a legitable website or outlet to confirm it ever was a single.


 I wouldn’t entirely trust Wikipedia. Anyone can edit that. “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl” seems to be receiving a considerable amount of radio airplay. 


 The only problem with WGBYG getting radio play in Canada is that it shows no adds or spins on the current mediabase charts for both Canadian country and adult contemporary charts. Shania never released different singles for both the US and Canada. She always released the same single for both.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:
New Album


Actually, wasn’t “When” released in international markets like the UK and Canada, but never got a US release?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Terry wrote:

Actually, wasn’t “When” released in international markets like the UK and Canada, but never got a US release?


 "When" was not a single release in United States

From "UP!": "Ka-Ching!" and "Thank You Baby!" - singles in Europe, not in United States. "Ka-Ching!" was Shania's most successful single in Germany

 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:

Shania Twain On How Recording 'Now' Helped Her Put Dark Period Behind Her (EXCLUSIVE)

She impressed us. Much.

By Daniel Welsh | Huffington Post - UK | October 29, 2017

In a year when pop acts like Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus have had a rather lukewarm response to their latest musical offerings, it’s probably fair to say that Shania Twain’s return to the music scene and subsequent ascent to the top of the album chart on both sides of the Atlantic is one of 2017’s more surprising success stories.

And yet, earlier this month she was able to pull off the impressive feat with the release of her fifth studio album, ‘Now’, following an unexpected fight for the number one spot against North London alternative group, Wolf Alice.

“Ha! That was quite a thing for several days there,” Shania told HuffPost UK of the so-called “chart battle”, “I wasn’t really sure what to expect in the end but I was happy to have made it to number one. It really felt great to have that support.”

Shania’s musical comeback came after a 15-year musical hiatus, during which time she took more than a few knocks, most notably problems with her health which temporarily caused her to lose her singing voice, and a much-publicised divorce from former collaborator Mutt Lange, with ‘Now’ being her first album since 1995 not to feature him as a co-writer and producer.

Reflecting on the writing process, she admits that “getting started” on her own was the “scariest” part, explaining: “Mutt was my producer and my co-writer, so it was a huge change for me to all of a sudden be making an album without him. And taking that plunge was the biggest step.

“I started writing songs at the age of 10 and all of my youth, I wrote alone, I wasn’t collaborating with anyone.

“I met Mutt and we made all those records together, I got through 14 years of co-writing with him, and so this was about getting back that independence and enjoying being able to write music without anyone’s influence and without any direction and just getting locked in that isolation, which is what I really love about songwriting.”

As this is her first album in more than 20 years writing alone, Shania tells us ‘Now’ is “definitely” her most personal and “purest” to date, but having gone through so much during her hiatus, we’re curious as to whether she was wary of putting too much of her private life into the release.

“Hmmm… to be honest, I’ve been through a lot in my personal life from the very beginning of my life,” she explains. “It’s interesting how the last 15 years of my life have been more public. At this point in my life I’m a famous person, so my boy problems, my divorce has been more in the forefront.

“But this last 15 years has been more of a transition and a reflective time on my whole life… and I’ve gained a lot of perspective at this point. Like, my parents dying in a car crash, to give you an example of perspective [Shania was just 22 when she lost her mother and stepfather in a road accident], is much more of a painful experience than my divorce! Right? 

“So, it’s been good for me to reflect on all of that, and put things in order of what should be taking up my emotional energy, and what shouldn’t. And the album was a very cleansing experience, writing the music for it was a very important transition.”

Anyone familiar with Shania’s turbulent few years would have been forgiven for being surprised when her first musical offering in 15 years was the toe-tapping, optimistic ditty ‘Life’s About To Get Good’.

When we point this out to her, and ask whether the cheerful track was a deliberate choice, she enthuses: “Yes, exactly. I wanted everyone to know that I’m back with optimism.

“I’m not ignoring that there’s been difficult times… but I think [‘Life’s About To Get Good’] is the song that represents the true contrasts in my life of dark and light, you know, sad and happy and where I am now - I’ve reached the light at the end of the tunnel but I was at one time in the tunnel in the dark, that song really does represent the truth of this journey.

That said, ‘Now’ contains plenty more somber and contemplative moments, which we imagine must have been pretty difficult to record. It turns out… not so much.

“Not at all!” she insists, “By the time I’d written the album, I felt like I’d been cleansed of a lot of burdens that were hanging on, real life things… it was almost like a load was off.

“When you find ways to express things that are bothering you or weighing you down and you address them, they no longer weigh you down. To me songwriting is like a self-help class in a way, it’s very therapeutic, so once I’ve written a song like ‘Poor Me’, I feel better. And then I feel even better when I sing them.

“It’s like talking to your friend about it, you put it out there, you get it off your chest and you feel better, and you feel like you’ve come through the other side of it.”

Reflecting specifically on ‘Poor Me’, which deals with themes of infidelity and the turmoil we feel after a break-up, Shania continues: “That song is all about saying yes, we have to also acknowledge the darker moments and not pretend that they’re not there.

“I think it’s much more cleansing to allow yourself to feel sorry for yourself sometimes, we don’t always have to be strong. Those moments pass more easily, if we allow ourselves to feel them. And I find release in that.”

Considering both the sexism and ageism which are famously prevalent in the music industry, we imagine scoring a number one album after a 15-year hiatus is going to make Shania something of a role model to more mature women, which she tells us she thinks is “great”.

“I love to inspire people,” she reveals, “And I write music that I hope inspires. That is part of my intention when I’m writing songs.

“Certainly with the songs that I record and share with the public, my intentions are to be relatable and share inspiration.”

Looking ahead to the future, Shania is preparing to go on a world tour, kicking off in May next year, and is already thinking about the follow-up to ‘Now’ (“I’m already working on it,” she reveals, “and I look forward to getting back in the studio”).

It seems even she is surprised at how big the reaction to the album has been, admitting: “It was a really great surprise. It’s been a really wonderful, warm welcome back.

“It felt very satisfying to have such a personal body of work [be so well-received]. I wrote all the music on this album, and it was a big responsibility taking on this commitment to do it alone.

“So, you know, just knowing that the fans were there waiting for it... was the reward. That was the reward, they were waiting for it, they weren’t just saying that. And I guess that was the physical proof to me that they meant it.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/shania-twain_uk_59f340c5e4b07fdc5fbdb907



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

I told everyone so... Now could have been fabulous but the songs need some work and let's be honest about the whole thing. The nightmare, the headaches, the heartaches, the bull pucky and the insanity needs to stop. Shania needs to truly wake up and be more open to suggestions and to read some of these things people post because they can be helpful and not hurtful. I posted several things way before this and back in the summer when LATGG was released. A few disappointments, a few disasters and a few moments of what the bleep. The only headline is Shania this and Shania that about coming back, new material, new acting, new this and that which is fine but could have done more. It was wrong for her to think about her international status because she should of gain her confidence with working where it all began with Nashville and Country Radio. Begin with baby steps and work toward that success again. She should of went back to her roots, her foundation and herself to begin again. The music is fabulous but people were not connecting with some of or a majority of the material that was out. Sorry to say this and that but I told you so.. We as fans should have helped promote and market it but this modern technology and streaming ruined record sales and album sales period.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:

DivaDewdHote wrote:

....Shania needs to truly wake up and be more open to suggestions and to read some of these things people post because they can be helpful and not hurtful.


Someone from Nassau, Bahamas has been on and off my website's News & Notes page for the past 30 minutes. I bet it's Shania or Fred. If it is, I wonder what their reaction was after seeing the post about not performing at the CMAs?

• 10/28/17 Shania NOT Performing At CMA Awards On November 8. From @derekfrankbass (band member): 11:15pm ET: Unfortunately, we won't be performing at the CMAs this year. Sorry for the false alarm... ***Back in July, Derek Frank posted Shania would be performing at the CMAs on his website. Something definitely isn't right over in Shania's camp. This is her comeback and first album in 15 years and she's not performing at the CMAs??? Shania and her team most likely backed out due to the fact she doesn't have a current hit single she can sing. It might also have something to do with Shania still doesn't really feel comfortable singing live without any backing vocals.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:

Tommy wrote:
DivaDewdHote wrote:

....Shania needs to truly wake up and be more open to suggestions and to read some of these things people post because they can be helpful and not hurtful.


Someone from Nassau, Bahamas has been on and off my website's News & Notes page for the past 30 minutes. I bet it's Shania or Fred. If it is, I wonder what their reaction was after seeing the post about not performing at the CMAs?

• 10/28/17 Shania NOT Performing At CMA Awards On November 8. From @derekfrankbass (band member): 11:15pm ET: Unfortunately, we won't be performing at the CMAs this year. Sorry for the false alarm... ***Back in July, Derek Frank posted Shania would be performing at the CMAs on his website. Something definitely isn't right over in Shania's camp. This is her comeback and first album in 15 years and she's not performing at the CMAs??? Shania and her team most likely backed out due to the fact she doesn't have a current hit single she can sing. It might also have something to do with Shania still doesn't really feel comfortable singing live without any backing vocals.


 It seems like Shania is in LA. At least she posted "Good Morning!" post at 9:15 AM 3 hours ago. It's almost 12:00 PM in LA now so it makes sense.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

Tanya wrote:
Tommy wrote:
DivaDewdHote wrote:

....Shania needs to truly wake up and be more open to suggestions and to read some of these things people post because they can be helpful and not hurtful.


Someone from Nassau, Bahamas has been on and off my website's News & Notes page for the past 30 minutes. I bet it's Shania or Fred. If it is, wonder what their reaction was after seeing the post about not performing at the CMAs?

• 10/28/17 Shania NOT Performing At CMA Awards On November 8. From @derekfrankbass (band member): 11:15pm ET: Unfortunately, we won't be performing at the CMAs this year. Sorry for the false alarm... ***Back in July, Derek Frank posted Shania would be performing at the CMAs on his website. Something definitely isn't right over in Shania's camp. This is her comeback and first album in 15 years and she's not performing at the CMAs??? Shania and her team most likely backed out due to the fact she doesn't have a current hit single she can sing. It might also have something to do with Shania still doesn't really feel comfortable singing live without any backing vocals.


 It seems like Shania is in LA. At least she posted "Good Morning!" post at 9:15 AM 3 hours ago. It's almost 12:00 PM in LA now so it makes sense.


Hmmm well, it could be Eja her son too or anyone who lives with her or around her. Hmm, this is very interesting. So you see the power of this and how we can show her love, some feedback etc. I hope this feedback is coming through loud and clear. I hope both of them are reading every one point of view to help her. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:
New Album


I’m still listening to this album on repeat everyday. I have zero complaints. You guys care way too much about popularity.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 303
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


RiteChappy wrote:

I’m still listening to this album on repeat everyday. I have zero complaints. You guys care way too much about popularity.


 i agree it is a great album . Shania is an icon and will always be popular. i guess fans want to hear  these excellent songs on radio and I believe she couid of had country airplay with a few songs. it just baffles me the songs she chooses as singles. They are all good songs but only a few country radio will play. But by in large i think she came back with a fantastic album.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:

RiteChappy wrote:

I’m still listening to this album on repeat everyday. I have zero complaints. You guys care way too much about popularity.


 Same. This album is GOLD! We need a visual album to go along with each song. I looked at my iTunes play count for the album last night. I’m a bit embarassed at how high the numbers are for each song. 



__________________

Cody 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 245
Date:

Speak for yourself Diva. I love this album and it appears that most people do too. Also most people don't notice all this stuff going on behind the scenes because they don't follow these blogs so in the end, who really cares? Except for maybe some of the people here, or you. To me you haven't proven anything.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

Remember this and take this with a grain of salt. We are her fans and we love her regardless but some need to wake up to facts and not fiction

- Lip-syncing
- Song chooses
+ Connection with the songs, I have played the whole album with a few friends and family. A few connected well with a few but a majority were confused and puzzled.
- Technical problems
- Songs not being played on Country Radio ( I only heard LATGG once on my AC Top 40 Station)
+ I stopped in a local convince store when I was out the past weekend where they play two Country Radio stations and those who work there hasn't heard any of Shania's new stuff or knew she had a new album and songs until I showed them
- Not charting well on Billboard (which is the official chart) not Itunes. Please check HitsDailyDouble ((she has fallen off all the charts))
- The Ellen DeGeneres, The James Corden Show (Nonperforming/First Appearance) and Dancing With The Stars nightmares
- Videos do horribly on YouTube and other charts
- Demi Lovato's number one in 40 countries (she only got 4)
- Her album and songs being leaked over the world wide web
- Horrible sales and promotion for Today Is Your Day / Endless Love (I did DVR Why Not? and watched it)

It's called respect! She only got the CMT Award in 2016 because of her album and material period. They couldn't even book Taylor or any big name artist to do the tribute. Doesn't anyone want to ask that?

Yes, many of the artists of today have come out with love and support for her but where has that done? Wouldn't the album sales for NOW been better? 

If she was truly respected, loved and adored with all genre's of music the award nominations would be something. Faith Hill got a boot load with "Breathe" with the Grammies.
It's Miranda Lambert this, Taylor Swift that, Carrie Underwood this, Reba that...

She should have gotten Album of the Year in 1998. What has Lauren Hill produced after her "one" album? Lauren Hill is or was in jail after that.

Has she been taken seriously by CMA's and ACM's? NO! She was not even invited to celebrate Country Music with the single "Forever Country" Where all the country music artist were on during the 50th anniversary of the CMA's.

Has she been asked to sing at the Grand Ole Opry? NO!

Has she been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame NO!

Has CMT done a Crossroad episode where all the other Country Artist has done with other artists? NO!

Just asking some serious question that we all been trying to ask. Let's be honest and let's have a serious conversation. Life is about joy and life is about pain. We can't walk away from these facts. We only got the will to address them now and to think about the future. There has been a lot of pain. Just saying...

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:
New Album


If Shania’s last major performance this year is the Grey Cup and no more CMAs, at least release a great song from Now before Christmas! Home Now, Soldier or Whose Gonna Be Your Girl will have a great impact!

My friend who is not a Shania fan and a major fan of Ariana Grande first heard the entire album and fell in love with Home Now, You Can’t Buy Love. It was really a great album overall. 😍

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Tommy wrote:

NOW falls 1 spot to No. 6 in its third week on the ARIA Australian chart.

http://www.noise11.com/news/australian-charts-pink-beautiful-trauma-debuts-at-no-1-with-78000-sales-20171023


NOW falls 7 spots to No. 13 in its fourth week on the ARIA Australian chart.

https://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 808
Date:
New Album


I wonder if she's gonna perform at the AMAs... she could sing WGSTD, it's not a country music event so she could easily sing that song...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


DivaDewdHote wrote:

Remember this and take this with a grain of salt. We are her fans and we love her regardless but some need to wake up to facts and not fiction

- Lip-syncing
- Song chooses
+ Connection with the songs, I have played the whole album with a few friends and family. A few connected well with a few but a majority were confused and puzzled.
- Technical problems
- Songs not being played on Country Radio ( I only heard LATGG once on my AC Top 40 Station)
+ I stopped in a local convince store when I was out the past weekend where they play two Country Radio stations and those who work there hasn't heard any of Shania's new stuff or knew she had a new album and songs until I showed them
- Not charting well on Billboard (which is the official chart) not Itunes. Please check HitsDailyDouble ((she has fallen off all the charts))
- The Ellen DeGeneres, The James Corden Show (Nonperforming/First Appearance) and Dancing With The Stars nightmares
- Videos do horribly on YouTube and other charts
- Demi Lovato's number one in 40 countries (she only got 4)
- Her album and songs being leaked over the world wide web
- Horrible sales and promotion for Today Is Your Day / Endless Love (I did DVR Why Not? and watched it)

It's called respect! She only got the CMT Award in 2016 because of her album and material period. They couldn't even book Taylor or any big name artist to do the tribute. Doesn't anyone want to ask that?

Yes, many of the artists of today have come out with love and support for her but where has that done? Wouldn't the album sales for NOW been better? 

If she was truly respected, loved and adored with all genre's of music the award nominations would be something. Faith Hill got a boot load with "Breathe" with the Grammies.
It's Miranda Lambert this, Taylor Swift that, Carrie Underwood this, Reba that...

She should have gotten Album of the Year in 1998. What has Lauren Hill produced after her "one" album? Lauren Hill is or was in jail after that.

Has she been taken seriously by CMA's and ACM's? NO! She was not even invited to celebrate Country Music with the single "Forever Country" Where all the country music artist were on during the 50th anniversary of the CMA's.

Has she been asked to sing at the Grand Ole Opry? NO!

Has she been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame NO!

Has CMT done a Crossroad episode where all the other Country Artist has done with other artists? NO!

Just asking some serious question that we all been trying to ask. Let's be honest and let's have a serious conversation. Life is about joy and life is about pain. We can't walk away from these facts. We only got the will to address them now and to think about the future. There has been a lot of pain. Just saying...

 


 Here I go again. But a lot of things you call 'facts' are assumptions. Who says she didn't get invited to these award shows? Only the organisation and her team know if there was an invite. The lip-syncing and 'technical' error argument is also getting old. She's lipsyncing every now and then since 90s, couldn't care less. She did chart #1 in the Billboard chart. And as of any official chart Demi Lovato has ZERO #1s with her latest album (check her wiki for example). And yes on itunes she's not doing great (anymore), but most artists her age don't do that well with new material (Celine, Elton, Mariah, Madonna). Enjoy what you will see and hear and whatever the album or its songs will still achieve we should celebrate.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

NOW falls 1 spot to No. 6 in its third week on the ARIA Australian chart.

http://www.noise11.com/news/australian-charts-pink-beautiful-trauma-debuts-at-no-1-with-78000-sales-20171023


NOW falls 7 spots to No. 13 in its fourth week on the ARIA Australian chart.

https://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart 


 I would say an amazing result in Australia. The Album is doing great there. Hope she gives her fans there the chance to see her next year :)



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 316
Date:
New Album


Hopefully we see an increase in media base and radio spins for WGSTD this week since it's the official week of release.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 245
Date:

Unpopular opinion here (I think, and I speak for myself only. I could give a rats ass how Shania preforms. All I care about is that I like the music she releases (which I do). She could be singing the dictionary and I'd still buy her album just because it's her. Let me make one thing clear, I'm not on board of purchasing multiple duplicated copies of one albums to put sales up. I'm gonna purchase one copy and that's what all artist gets from me, mind you that I actually purchased the digital version and the physical, just because I wanted the booklet. It's not my duty to promote her, to put her sales up, that's her and her teams job. If you were to look at my social media, you'd see that the only hint there that I'm a Shania fan is that I follow/like her. No not everybody is going to connect with her music and that's fine. I personally don't but that doesn't stop me from listening to it and singing my little heart out. "Now" is not a country album so why play it on country radio. Shania's not stupid. She knows what she's singing, she knows what she was releasing, she knows it's not country. Fans needs to let "country radio" go! Now didn't really leak, well not more than anybody else album. Yes her album was out ahead of the 29th because, it was release in Australia/New Zealand first because they are a day ahead, so the album was online 1 day before which is the norm now for any major artist.

Anyways a lot of random thoughts and I could keep going on but I don't have the energy. Just quit complaining because she could have gone the other route and not release anything at all, which is what I had accepted for the longest time. She proved me wrong and now I'm blessed with this beautiful record!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Gigi wrote:

Hopefully we see an increase in media base and radio spins for WGSTD this week since it's the official week of release.


20 Billboard reporting Country stations are now playing the song.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:
New Album


I am requesting online the song

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:
RE: New Album "NOW" September 29, singles, interviews, etc. (Part 3)


Shania Twain

Join us in celebrating Shania's number one album, 'NOW'. Listen, download and stream here.

Video clip featuring the songs "Life's About To Get Good", "Swingin' With My Eyes Closed" & brand new single "We Got Something They Don't"
https://www.facebook.com/ShaniaTwain/videos/10212324709205516/

12:37 PM ET - 30 Oct 17

http://www.facebook.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17244
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Gigi wrote:

Hopefully we see an increase in media base and radio spins for WGSTD this week since it's the official week of release.


20 Billboard reporting Country stations are now playing the song.


From this week's issue of Country Aircheck Weekly.

shania_now_countryaircheck103017hq

https://www.countryaircheck.com/pdfs/current103017.pdf



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:
New Album


This is a good start for WGSTD. I hope it continues to increase and that Shania should make a music video.

__________________
«First  <  15 6 7 8 914  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard