Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:
RE: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


Shania Twain @shaniatwain

Vancouver... I'm still on a high from our two nights together! The energy in @rogersarena was electric and hearing y'all scream every word got me emotional!! Playing to sold out crowds in my home country, surrounded by family, friends, and the best fans in the world - it doesn't get any better than this. Nobody goes harder than a home crowd!! Edmonton, you're up - let's keep this party rocking! 🤠❤️‍🔥 #queenofmetour

Pictures and video clips from Vancouver - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr3zmQIoG_t/

2:45 PM ET - 5 May 23

https://instagram.com/shaniatwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

Tommy wrote:

Vancouver - 5/2/23

Up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P08IP9Ph4tE

FTMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPuvJZ1w2RI

FAFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiFIoNa1-iw

TDIMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN_ctsWt84I


 What happens to her voice when she says, “so you think you’re a rocket scientist”? It sounds like she’s at 10x speed…



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:
RE:


In the last video posted of TDIMM, what happens to her voice when she says, “so you think you’re a rocket scientist”? It’s like her voice is at 10x speed …



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
RE: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


Talkalot24 wrote:

In the last video posted of TDIMM, what happens to her voice when she says, “so you think you’re a rocket scientist”? It’s like her voice is at 10x speed …


I think it is the autotune and reverb on her mic. It should be turned off for this. 

I'm glad the audience doesn't seem to care/notice but her sound this tour has been absolute disaster. Yes, there have been some improvements but it's still unacceptable. It's not just in one poor quality cell phone video - almost every video I've seen has issues with the sound. It's very strange that either her mic is shut off or she is singing background vocals on the choruses several of songs or just miming to the background singers singing her part while the verses of the songs are backing track playback.

Her backing tracks are not consistent. It's obvious she recorded new ones for IGGG, DBS, FTMO and some of the other songs but she's still using the same 10+ year old one for TDIMM that she's used since the Still the One residency.

I know some of y'all don't agree with me here, but I'm happy we have a site like this to share our opinion and have a discussion.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:
RE:


I’m excited to see her tomorrow to see if it is noticeable- I know I will enjoy the show either way, but hoping to report back



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
RE: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


Courtney3302 wrote:

I’m excited to see her tomorrow to see if it is noticeable- I know I will enjoy the show either way, but hoping to report back


 Have fun! Look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing pictures! 🙂



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

Tonight in Edmonton.

Screenshot_20230505-234845~2.png



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

Her outfit each night is something that she has worn in the past.

The yellow outfit was from Starstruck.

The black faux leather jacket she wore in Seattle was from the Kelly Clarkson show.

The dress she is wearing tonight is from the 2007 ACM awards.

Screenshot_20230506-000924~2.pngScreenshot_20230506-000930~2.png




__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Here is the first video of "Roll Me On The River" (Vancouver - May 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWoVBf_JX7E



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Edmonton, Alberta - Rogers Place (5/5/23)

shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-1 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-2 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-3 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-4 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-5 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-6 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-7 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-8 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-9 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-10 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-11 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-12 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-13 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-14 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-15 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-16 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-17 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-18 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-19 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-20 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-21 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-fans1 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-fans2

Video clips - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr5Fde4ub0h/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

Screenshot_20230506-154832.png



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-22 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-23 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050523-24

Night 1 in Edmonton was an absolute dream! Who’s ready for round 2 at @RogersPlace tonight?? 🤠💖#QueenOfMeTour

8:49 PM ET - 6 May 23

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Edmonton night 2 outfits (May 6)

2003 Super Bowl
https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/345258819_905631097158944_336275918937179855_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_e35&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=gdugxTlgffQAX9TnYz-&edm=AGyKU4gBAAAA&ccb=7-5&ig_cache_key=MzA5NzE5ODYyMTA4MzUzNzg2MA%3D%3D.2-ccb7-5&oh=00_AfAwtrrA5e5RCluxleIldnCv_gXYdfbNgd6O9dEbFn5Nxg&oe=645D089F&_nc_sid=4cb768

Edmonton Oilers hockey jersey
https://scontent-atl3-2.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/345255720_1903935579981719_53959769009719621_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_e35_p480x480&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=6HGVbNCqQfIAX9Dmz26&edm=ACWDqb8BAAAA&ccb=7-5&ig_cache_key=MzA5NzE4NzE3MjY1ODYxMjc0Nw%3D%3D.2-ccb7-5&oh=00_AfBpX2tfZseOKhSshBdCU4E4CXlWc3gXuNdfprmfk1OHig&oe=645BF7D9&_nc_sid=1527a3

TDIMM outfit
https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/345687234_2164708653720492_3884485749712659825_n.webp?stp=dst-jpg_e35&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=Myd5dsgyCVEAX9DqnKF&edm=AGyKU4gBAAAA&ccb=7-5&ig_cache_key=MzA5NzIwNDM4MDU0MjMzNDMxNg%3D%3D.2-ccb7-5&oh=00_AfBlswR0k_-fOuKJWBUKCcPT2havIz_Ft4ANb8E8ydPEGg&oe=645CD1E1&_nc_sid=4cb768



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

Concert was a blast!



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Edmonton, Alberta - Rogers Place (5/6/23)

shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-17 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-1 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-3 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-4 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-5 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-6 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-7 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-8 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-9 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-10 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-11 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-12 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-13 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-14 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-2 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-16 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-21 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-18 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-19 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-20 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-fans1 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-fans2 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-fans3

-------------------------------------------

 

shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-stevensargent1 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-stevensargent2 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-stevensargent3 shania-queenofmetour-edmonton050623-stevensargent4

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr7q4pBOMx3/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 764
Date:
RE:


Shania’s fashion choices for this tour 😬😬 I can see what she means she says that she “cuts the styles and clothes herself” 🤣 Hire an actual designer already. Take a clue from Taylor Swift and her current tour style. Taylor looks amazing every night. Shania looks ridiculous.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

I have to disagree. Seeing her last night she looked amazing



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

The wigs are growing on me. I used to hate them but now I don't mind them except for the long bleached blonde one. I do prefer her natural hair though. She has beautiful long hair that I wouldn't personally want to cover up. Hopefully this is just for the tour and the "Queen of Me" album era. I think some of her outfits look very put together while others look tacky. It depends on the night. I really hope she doesn't wear the cow outfit she wore at the Grammys. I do love that she is repurposing costumes from her past though.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

I understand critiquing her sound and the show, but I don’t think it’s ever right to criticize someone’s appearance — whether that’s her size, hair, clothes, or makeup.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

She's a major celebrity that puts herself in the public sphere. By doing that, she opens herself up to criticism. And costume and hair design are a big part of the show.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:
RE: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

She's a major celebrity that puts herself in the public sphere. By doing that, she opens herself up to criticism. And costume and hair design are a big part of the show.


 Disagree. Being a celebrity doesn’t give someone the right to comment on your appearance. 
It’s never okay. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Shania's 6 outfits so far...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvn9_K9WYAgJF0B?format=jpg&name=large



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

Back in the saddle with two shows in Calgary starting tonight after a couple days off!! Can’t wait to get back on stage and perform. See you so soon 💖 #QueenOfMeTour

Montage of outfits - https://www.instagram.com/p/CsCUbBIgPS_/

4:45 PM ET - 9 May 23

https://instagram.com/shaniatwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Tonight's outfit in Calgary (5/9/23). She also wore the MIFLAW outfit.

/download.spark?id=2556672&aBID=118191



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Calgary, Alberta - Scotiabank Saddledome (5/9/23)

shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro1 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro2 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro3 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro4 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro5 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro6 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro7 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro8 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-pro9 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-1 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-2 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-3 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-4 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-5 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-6 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-7 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-8 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-9 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-10 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-11 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-fans1 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-fans2 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-skc1 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-skc2 shania-queenofmetour-calgary050923-skc3



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
RE:


I’m glad that she’s having fun with all the wigs but blonde is definitely not her haircolor. She looks so much better with dark brown hair.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:
RE: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


Vancouver (5/3/23) - FULL CONCERT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsLpspdtcrs



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
RE:


She looked like Madonna in Calgary.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

She looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous. Outfits and wigs are incredibly tacky. They still haven't fixed her backing tracks. I wouldn't pay to see her. I will always cherish her original studio recordings and videos of the old tours and shows. This isn't the same Shania.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

I really need a good pic of this evenings blue outfit in Calgary! I love it, from what I’ve seen



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
RE: "Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


Screenshot_20230510-233825.png



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Tonight's outfit in Calgary (5/10/23)

/download.spark?id=2557189&aBID=118191



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

She looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous. Outfits and wigs are incredibly tacky. They still haven't fixed her backing tracks. I wouldn't pay to see her. I will always cherish her original studio recordings and videos of the old tours and shows. This isn't the same Shania.


I completely agree with you. I'm amazed at how many people here find it completely ok when shania doesn't sing live, or just doesn't sing good. I saw Lara Fabian live last year and although she had 39 degrees fever and angina she sang fantastic and everything live. With a great band, three backgroud singers, no dancers and no costume change. What a great concert.



__________________
Dani


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:
RE:


I would like to hear what people would like to see Shania wear. I have loved seeing these looks. They’re fun. I loved the show I went to this past week and I’m seeing her again when she comes back in November. I go to lots of concerts and she is well worth the money.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 798
Date:

I'm quite ok with the looks and the outfits she is wearing. I don't like the sunglasses AT ALL during "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" and the blonde wigs. They don't suit her at all. I find this show to be a good mix of old Shania and new Shania. I love she plays her acoustic guitar a lot.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 245
Date:
"Queen Of Me" tour - PICS & VIDEOS


daniela wrote:
LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

She looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous. Outfits and wigs are incredibly tacky. They still haven't fixed her backing tracks. I wouldn't pay to see her. I will always cherish her original studio recordings and videos of the old tours and shows. This isn't the same Shania.


I completely agree with you. I'm amazed at how many people here find it completely ok when shania doesn't sing live, or just doesn't sing good. I saw Lara Fabian live last year and although she had 39 degrees fever and angina she sang fantastic and everything live. With a great band, three backgroud singers, no dancers and no costume change. What a great concert.


 I think most true fans have accepted the fact that her voice is not what it used to be and that she may not be able to sing the whole show live. I appreciate her efforts and I don’t mind her not being able to sing the whole show live. I also don’t have issues her how she looks, but that’s just because I’m not a prude. I don’t think anyone is going to go to her show and say “that’s was the worst show ever, did you see what she was wearing?” You can choose to judge her show by watching videos but all the reviews have been great so far. I can’t wait to see her next month!


And one last thing, if you don’t plan on going, why do you even care so much?



-- Edited by Honeyimhome on Thursday 11th of May 2023 12:22:43 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Calgary, Alberta - Scotiabank Saddledome (5/10/23)

shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-1 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-2 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-3 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-4 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-5 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-6 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-7 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-8 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-9 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-10 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-11 shania-queenofmetour-calgary051023-fans1



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

It’s been so rewarding reading your stories online each night before the show. Anything can happen at the #QueenOfMeTour… 👀🤠💖

Video clip - https://www.instagram.com/p/CsG8cZ0gdok/

11:53 AM ET - 11 May 23

https://instagram.com/shaniatwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

Honeyimhome wrote:
daniela wrote:
LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

She looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous. Outfits and wigs are incredibly tacky. They still haven't fixed her backing tracks. I wouldn't pay to see her. I will always cherish her original studio recordings and videos of the old tours and shows. This isn't the same Shania.


I completely agree with you. I'm amazed at how many people here find it completely ok when shania doesn't sing live, or just doesn't sing good. I saw Lara Fabian live last year and although she had 39 degrees fever and angina she sang fantastic and everything live. With a great band, three backgroud singers, no dancers and no costume change. What a great concert.


 I think most true fans have accepted the fact that her voice is not what it used to be and that she may not be able to sing the whole show live. I appreciate her efforts and I don’t mind her not being able to sing the whole show live. I also don’t have issues her how she looks, but that’s just because I’m not a prude. I don’t think anyone is going to go to her show and say “that’s was the worst show ever, did you see what she was wearing?” You can choose to judge her show by watching videos but all the reviews have been great so far. I can’t wait to see her next month!


And one last thing, if you don’t plan on going, why do you even care so much?



-- Edited by Honeyimhome on Thursday 11th of May 2023 12:22:43 PM


 Exactly. Shania doesn’t have a cold. She had permanent nerve damage to her vocal cords from a disease. She has worked so hard, including having open throat surgery, to get to a place where she can sing at all. She has endured so much in her life and has fought back every time. That is to be commended. I agree that her backing tracks need to be better, but I have nothing but respect for Shania and understand that she can no longer sing an entire show live. I appreciate that I still have the opportunity to see her in concert. 

People don’t like her clothes and wigs. Really? That’s so superficial and lame. She is having fun and doing what she wants. Good for her. 

If people don’t like her show, then don’t go to see it. It’s as simple as that. The reviews have been positive and most who have gone to the show seem to enjoy it. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

I really appreciate that she is trying and doing her best, but personally it isn't a good enough caliber for me to pay hundreds of dollars in tickets and transportation to see her. That doesn't make me a bad fan or not a true fan.

It's absolutely tragic what has happened to her voice and I accept that she needs to use backing tracks and can't sing well live. I really wish she would fix the issue with the backing tracks and stop having the backup singers sing her part. Her voice is in such tough shape that she struggles on even her new music from the QoM album.

In terms of the outfits and wigs, I've made my stance on that pretty clear. Yes she has worn "controversial" outfits and such earlier in her career but these new looks go a step beyond that. I feel like she is trying to be someone she is not. The bleached blonde hair, sunglasses, flowy arm things and when she brushes her hair and looks in the mirror before WUD are very off brand for her. I feel like she is trying to be like Cher or Madonna when she is not. 

I am really glad the show is getting good reviews but so far she's been mostly been in friendly Canadian cities. I worry once she gets on the road in the US, the reviews won't be as good.



-- Edited by LifesAboutToGetGood2000 on Friday 12th of May 2023 10:43:04 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Tonight's outfit with pink wig in Saskatoon (5/12/23)

/download.spark?id=2557527&aBID=118191



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - SaskTel Centre (5/12/23)

shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-1 shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-2 shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-3 shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-4 shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-5 shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-6 shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-babybynes shania-queenofmetour-saskatoon051223-fans1

Video clip of Shania with little girls onstage - https://www.instagram.com/p/CsLBqvBPjb5/



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

/download.spark?id=2557751&aBID=118191

I think this was the jacket from Starstruck.



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 17045
Date:

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

There’s a first time for everything!! 😂 #QueenOfMeTour

Video clip of Shania signing a guy's thigh in Calgary (May 10) - https://www.instagram.com/p/CsMWwEogh7N/

2:17 PM ET - 13 May 23

https://instagram.com/shaniatwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com

Our eyes are closed, but we're not asleep, We're wide awake beneath the sheets



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

I really appreciate that she is trying and doing her best, but personally it isn't a good enough caliber for me to pay hundreds of dollars in tickets and transportation to see her. That doesn't make me a bad fan or not a true fan.

It's absolutely tragic what has happened to her voice and I accept that she needs to use backing tracks and can't sing well live. I really wish she would fix the issue with the backing tracks and stop having the backup singers sing her part. Her voice is in such tough shape that she struggles on even her new music from the QoM album.

In terms of the outfits and wigs, I've made my stance on that pretty clear. Yes she has worn "controversial" outfits and such earlier in her career but these new looks go a step beyond that. I feel like she is trying to be someone she is not. The bleached blonde hair, sunglasses, flowy arm things and when she brushes her hair and looks in the mirror before WUD are very off brand for her. I feel like she is trying to be like Cher or Madonna when she is not. 

I am really glad the show is getting good reviews but so far she's been mostly been in friendly Canadian cities. I worry once she gets on the road in the US, the reviews won't be as good.


I don’t think you’re a bad fan either, but I don’t understand going on and on about her voice. We know why her voice is like that and she’s doing the best she can. 

Again, it’s simply a look. It’s clothes and wigs. This is not serious stuff. This may very well be her last major tour. She’s having fun with it. Good for her.

Maybe, but I only saw positive reviews from the two USA shows. Ultimately, reviews are not worth much anyway. I’m spending a small fortune to see her at 2 shows and I’m happy to do so. Even if her voice is not what it was, this is my way to show my appreciation for all that she’s endured and working so hard to give more to her fans.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

Tommy wrote:

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

There’s a first time for everything!! 😂 #QueenOfMeTour

Video clip of Shania signing a guy's thigh in Calgary (May 10) - https://www.instagram.com/p/CsMWwEogh7N/

2:17 PM ET - 13 May 23

https://instagram.com/shaniatwain


In the times we are living, does anyone think a male entertainer would receive any type of backlash if he would sign the thigh above knee of a woman on stage?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

calmartcb wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

There’s a first time for everything!! 😂 #QueenOfMeTour

Video clip of Shania signing a guy's thigh in Calgary (May 10) - https://www.instagram.com/p/CsMWwEogh7N/

2:17 PM ET - 13 May 23

https://instagram.com/shaniatwain


In the times we are living, does anyone think a male entertainer would receive any type of backlash if he would sign the thigh above knee of a woman on stage?


 Honestly I don’t think so. i dont see anything wrong with This…. And it happens all The time 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

I really appreciate that she is trying and doing her best, but personally it isn't a good enough caliber for me to pay hundreds of dollars in tickets and transportation to see her. That doesn't make me a bad fan or not a true fan.

It's absolutely tragic what has happened to her voice and I accept that she needs to use backing tracks and can't sing well live. I really wish she would fix the issue with the backing tracks and stop having the backup singers sing her part. Her voice is in such tough shape that she struggles on even her new music from the QoM album.

In terms of the outfits and wigs, I've made my stance on that pretty clear. Yes she has worn "controversial" outfits and such earlier in her career but these new looks go a step beyond that. I feel like she is trying to be someone she is not. The bleached blonde hair, sunglasses, flowy arm things and when she brushes her hair and looks in the mirror before WUD are very off brand for her. I feel like she is trying to be like Cher or Madonna when she is not. 

I am really glad the show is getting good reviews but so far she's been mostly been in friendly Canadian cities. I worry once she gets on the road in the US, the reviews won't be as good.


I need a bit more insight. I am watching shanias videos from up and come over and she doesn’t sing live… and she is wearing hair pieces. I love it all, but people have a problem with it in 2023 due to her age but not the 90’s and 2000’s.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

Courtney3302 wrote:
LifesAboutToGetGood2000 wrote:

I really appreciate that she is trying and doing her best, but personally it isn't a good enough caliber for me to pay hundreds of dollars in tickets and transportation to see her. That doesn't make me a bad fan or not a true fan.

It's absolutely tragic what has happened to her voice and I accept that she needs to use backing tracks and can't sing well live. I really wish she would fix the issue with the backing tracks and stop having the backup singers sing her part. Her voice is in such tough shape that she struggles on even her new music from the QoM album.

In terms of the outfits and wigs, I've made my stance on that pretty clear. Yes she has worn "controversial" outfits and such earlier in her career but these new looks go a step beyond that. I feel like she is trying to be someone she is not. The bleached blonde hair, sunglasses, flowy arm things and when she brushes her hair and looks in the mirror before WUD are very off brand for her. I feel like she is trying to be like Cher or Madonna when she is not. 

I am really glad the show is getting good reviews but so far she's been mostly been in friendly Canadian cities. I worry once she gets on the road in the US, the reviews won't be as good.


I need a bit more insight. I am watching shanias videos from up and come over and she doesn’t sing live… and she is wearing hair pieces. I love it all, but people have a problem with it in 2023 due to her age but not the 90’s and 2000’s

Are you sure about it? I have never seen her live but judging from the come on over and up! dvds she sounds live to me. She used playback on various tv shows during the 90s and 2000s (and Party in the park in UK) but not in tour concerts.



-- Edited by Francesco86 on Sunday 14th of May 2023 11:07:50 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:
RE:


The Come on Over tour was live. The Up! Tour started out live but as the tour went on more and more songs were switched to playback as her voice deteriorated.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 510  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard