Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite Message Board

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Queen Of Me (February 3, 2023) - singles, articles, etc.


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
RE: Queen Of Me (February 3, 2023) - singles, articles, etc.


I strongly believe she doesn't want any part of the CMA awards or anything country related. ACM awards are a little different because they were much more accepting of her. I don't think her new record label is a country label it could be pop. She's considered country to some but globally most people have always considered her a pop artist. The American Music Awards would make sense as they are extremely welcoming of her. AC Radio is where she does decent on not great but decent. In Terms of Canada The CCMA awards she would always support because she has won many awards. The Juno awards have been extremely supportive as well. The Billboard music awards, the grammy awards in the United States have been also good to her even though I strongly believe she could have won much more Grammy awards but 5 isn't overall bad. This is a pop album so lets all agree country radio playing her music is extremely unlikely even if she released a pure country album. When you look at the country charts it is mosley male dominated anyway. I still believe the album will sell well in Canada, if you look at the iTunes top 100 in Canada she's doing remarkably well with the greatest hit and waking up dreaming was doing pretty good for a while. If she doesn't promote the next single then sales besides Canada are going to be a struggle. I love this album is upbeat and that is what her fans love. Last Day Of Summer is an amazing song  but it isn't an official single. I'm just wondering when another single will be released to the Us/Canadian radio. What are her plans? It doesn't even matter if she has hits on radio that doesn't mean the album can't be good. I just hope we get another single and music video released soon but the way things are going maybe January. Also She promoted the single in the UK but she never did sing it live. She's looking fabulous and sounds amazing hopefully we will see some TV show or awards show performances but it seems less likely as the time goes by. Regardless I'll be getting the album. Come on Shania let's so some promotion and get another song to radio and promote it. 



__________________
Melissa Hutchings


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

So I’m about to release the Queen Of Me tracklist, but first let's have some fun and see if you guys are the Queens Of Guessing Games!! 😂 Can you guess the song titles? 👀 shaniatwain.lnk.to/tracklist

https://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain/status/1590813510724120576

4:07 PM ET - 10 Nov 22

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Tommy wrote:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

So I’m about to release the Queen Of Me tracklist, but first let's have some fun and see if you guys are the Queens Of Guessing Games!! 😂 Can you guess the song titles? 👀 shaniatwain.lnk.to/tracklist

https://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain/status/1590813510724120576

4:07 PM ET - 10 Nov 22

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain


TRACKLIST

1. Giddy Up!
2. Brand New
3. Waking Up Dreaming 
4. Best Friend
5. Pretty Liar
6. Inhale / Exhale Air
7. Last Day Of Summer
8. Queen Of Me
9. Got It Good
10. Number One
11. Not Just A Girl
12. The Hardest Stone - Diamonds



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

Okay first off, yay to the exclamation point! Lmao. Still not a fan of the "Inhale / Exhale Air" title but it could grow on me. "The Hardest Stone - Diamonds" definitely intrigues me.

__________________

Shania gets us good!



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

Well what happened to ‘you prick’ or the duet with Lizzo??

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Great titles, I'm intrigued by the last one, The Hardest Stone - Diamonds.

Plus, there are those two songs off the Target Edition:

13 On Three
14 Done & Dusted.

It's strange "You Prick" is not on the album, I wonder why... but I was 100% sure "Sisters" wouldn't have been on the album. It's a collaboration so I didn't expect it to be included on the project.
I bet it's a stand-alone song, like "Today Is Your Day", "Shoes" and so on...

__________________

The last time we were together is the first thing I remember every time September comes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 176
Date:

You Prick could still be on the album, just a different title maybe?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Honeyimhome wrote:

You Prick could still be on the album, just a different title maybe?


 Nah, it's already on BMI under that title, so it can't be on the album under a completely different title. 

"Soldier" on BMI is listed as "Has Anybody Seen My Soldier" and "Today is Your Day" as "Today". So "You Prick" won't definitely be on the album. 



__________________

The last time we were together is the first thing I remember every time September comes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

Confirmation of the tracklist with a preview of Giddy up!

https://fb.watch/gKaD7RykiB/

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Giddy Up! doesn't impress me much... I hope to change my mind on Feb. 3

__________________

The last time we were together is the first thing I remember every time September comes.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Shania Twain @ShaniaTwain

I’m excited to share the Queen Of Me tracklist with you all! For me, the track order is as important as the music itself. Just like the music, it takes you on a journey and it’s gotta be just right! And as a homage to my roots… I had to add a little punctuation in there 😂 Which song are you most excited to hear?? Queen Of Me is released February 3rd, available to pre-order now: shaniatwain.lnk.to/queenofme

Tracklist with preview of "Giddy Up!" - https://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain/status/1591092464483700737

10:36 AM ET - 11 Nov 22

http://twitter.com/ShaniaTwain



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

matteotempo wrote:

Giddy Up! doesn't impress me much... I hope to change my mind on Feb. 3


 I have to agree. Sounds so cheesy and corny. Definitely no country elements at all. Quite disappointing.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

Shania's music has always been cheesy and corny...it's her thing. Also, based on the other tracks released already, this album isn't going to be as country as her former ones and I am here for it!

__________________

Shania gets us good!



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

It’s literally a 15-second snippet. I personally don’t care much about previews and I try to keep away from them. I’d rather listen to the full song a few times before using the word “disappointment”. And I totally agree with Schnetzka, I’m so glad she’s exploring and trying new things.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 186
Date:

You can listen to Giddy Up! on TikTok: it's so good ! www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain/video/7164854846410018054

Next single for sure !

"'cause we ain't got time to waste, Up giddy giddy Up, Up giddy giddy Up"

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

Put some Up! in your Giddy 😉 #QueenOfMe #NewMusic #horsetok #horsesoftiktok Giddy Up! - Shania Twain

https://www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain/video/7164854846410018054

3:16 PM ET - 11 Nov 22

http://www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MuzikGuy94/status/1591173946988433408

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKRBZ0m877M



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Ok, I've already changed my mind. I Like it A LOT!!!

So catchy.

__________________

The last time we were together is the first thing I remember every time September comes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 186
Date:

It's similar to "What a man gotta do" by the Jonas Brothers !


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Koko Twain wrote:

You can listen to Giddy Up! on TikTok: it's so good ! www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain/video/7164854846410018054

Next single for sure !

"'cause we ain't got time to waste, Up giddy giddy Up, Up giddy giddy Up"

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

Put some Up! in your Giddy 😉 #QueenOfMe #NewMusic #horsetok #horsesoftiktok Giddy Up! - Shania Twain

https://www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain/video/7164854846410018054

3:16 PM ET - 11 Nov 22

http://www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MuzikGuy94/status/1591173946988433408


Click link below to listen to 30 seconds of "Giddy Up!".

https://www.tiktok.com/music/Giddy-Up-7164535009590642690 (Click on small Queen Of Me cover in upper left)

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MuzikGuy94/status/1591252422508564480



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

What you think Tommy? Could this be a hit if promoted?



__________________
Melissa Hutchings


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Melissa wrote:

What you think Tommy? Could this be a hit if promoted?


I didn't really like the clip embedded in the album tracklist. But now that I've heard the TikTok clips, it sounds pretty good. I like the music and production.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

Melissa wrote:

What you think Tommy? Could this be a hit if promoted?


If Shania promoted the song as a single, it may have minor impact, but don’t think Country radio would play it. WUD wasn’t promoted at all, and it has flopped as far as charting goes, but if Shania is past the whole single promotion in her life, and doesn’t care about the numbers, then it really doesn’t matter. Good music is good music, regardless of the numbers.

And after listening to “Giddy Up,” I like it better than the embedded video provided, but still not my favorite of what I’ve heard so far. 😀 I think they should change the genre from country to pop on the iTunes labels.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

They are doing a Shania Event in Beatstar.

https://twitter.com/playbeatstar/status/1591098437738450944

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBnGjiR0S04



__________________
Zac


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

I love the clip of Giddy Up!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 185
Date:

Giddy Up! So catchy! We need a music video. 🐴
Just getting more excited and can’t really wait for Feb 03!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

Very catchy and in my opinion very country-pop.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

So “Pretty Liar” will be the explicit track. 🤔 I’m excited for that one.

__________________
Zac


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

I do want to add that I hope there are at least a few songs over 4 minutes on the album. I know that music has been shorter in recent years but considering Shania's longevity in the business, I was hoping she wouldn't follow that path.

__________________

Shania gets us good!



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Koko Twain wrote:

You can listen to Giddy Up! on TikTok: it's so good ! www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain/video/7164854846410018054

Next single for sure !

"'cause we ain't got time to waste, Up giddy giddy Up, Up giddy giddy Up"

Shania Twain @shaniatwain

Put some Up! in your Giddy 😉 #QueenOfMe #NewMusic #horsetok #horsesoftiktok Giddy Up! - Shania Twain

https://www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain/video/7164854846410018054

3:16 PM ET - 11 Nov 22

http://www.tiktok.com/@shaniatwain

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MuzikGuy94/status/1591173946988433408


Click link below to listen to 30 seconds of "Giddy Up!".

https://www.tiktok.com/music/Giddy-Up-7164535009590642690 (Click on small Queen Of Me cover in upper left)

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MuzikGuy94/status/1591252422508564480


 LYRICS:

Smile for miles

Hope on my face

Quick, share it

Cuz we ain't got time to waste

Up in your giddy up giddy giddy up

Up in your giddy up

Drunk in the city, got a liddy on the cup

Up in your giddy up

When it gets tough gotta get a little love

Put some up in your giddy, giddy up!



__________________

The last time we were together is the first thing I remember every time September comes.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

From the U.S. Adult Contemporary radio weekly Mediabase email I receive.

ac



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

This is pretty good.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Billboard Charts update - Week of November 5

"Waking Up Dreaming" falls 1 spot to No. 16 on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its fourth week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-05/


Billboard Charts update - Week of November 12

"Waking Up Dreaming" holds at No. 16 on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its fifth week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-12/


Billboard Charts update - Week of November 19

"Waking Up Dreaming" climbs 2 spots to No. 14 (new peak position) on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its sixth week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-19/



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

15 Albums We Can’t Wait to Hear This Winter

By Cat Cardenas | Vulture | November 15, 2022

Shania Twain, Queen of Me (February 3)

In 1997, Shania Twain’s third album, Come On Over, catapulted the singer to a new level of success, breaking records as the best-selling studio album by a female artist and cementing her status as a crossover country-pop queen. Twenty-five years later, it’s clear Twain has staying power. After making a surprise appearance alongside Harry Styles at Coachella, releasing her Netflix documentary, Shania Twain: Not Just A Girl, and wrapping up her second Las Vegas residency, Twain kept the momentum going by announcing her first album in five years, Queen of Me. Between lead singles “Waking Up Dreaming” and “Last Day of Summer,” the singer’s style is just as varied as ever.

https://www.vulture.com/article/2022-music-release-calendar-most-anticipated-albums.html



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

On November 11, Melissa wrote:

I don't think she will perform at the American Music Awards on November 20. The single hasn't even been played in Canada. I don't expect much promotion for this album. Good music but just no effort to promote it. Not even sure if we will get another single sent to radio. Unless a new song premieres at the American Music Awards this album will likely have the same success as NOW. I mean I love the new album coming, it's just the lack of promotion and North American interviews seems unlikely.


Shania has been in Los Angeles taping "The Beauty and the Beast" TV special (airing Dec. 15). It's also where "The Jennifer Hudson Show" and TalkShopLive studios are as well as where the AMAs are being held on Sunday. Shania obviously isn't performing but I wonder if she'll attend the awards.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

I'm really hoping we'll get the deluxe version pressed on vinyl too. I really dislike when artists issue the standard only, and not the deluxe - especially if the extra tracks are good.

So far I've seen only the standard edition on black vinyl/standard artwork, pink vinyl/pink artwork and blue vinyl/blue artwork. I do remember seeing two picture disc variants the day the album was announced, and they were removed at a later time... No information about those yet.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 176
Date:

I get that, I’m from Canada and I’m wondering if we’ll be getting any version with the bonus tracks. Target doesn’t ship to Canada. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

I am curious if that song clip she posted on TikTok last year made the album. I thought it was quite catchy.

__________________

Shania gets us good!



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

schnetzka wrote:

I am curious if that song clip she posted on TikTok last year made the album. I thought it was quite catchy.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzyyB9R6t0s

The song is titled "Wanted Man" and was produced by David Baron. It is one of the many songs that were scrapped for the new album last year. 



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

Tommy wrote:
schnetzka wrote:

I am curious if that song clip she posted on TikTok last year made the album. I thought it was quite catchy.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzyyB9R6t0s

The song is titled "Wanted Man" and was produced by David Baron. It is one of the many songs that were scrapped for the new album last year. 


Damn. It is one of the ones I was most excited to hear in full lol. Maybe one day she'll release it.



__________________

Shania gets us good!



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 176
Date:

I really wanted this song too!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

I wanted this song too, Who ever decided not to include it made a huge mistake. I was waiting for it to be released.



__________________
Melissa Hutchings


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

From the U.S. Adult Contemporary radio weekly Mediabase email I receive.

ac



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Billboard Charts update - Week of November 5

"Waking Up Dreaming" falls 1 spot to No. 16 on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its fourth week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-05/


Billboard Charts update - Week of November 12

"Waking Up Dreaming" holds at No. 16 on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its fifth week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-12/


Billboard Charts update - Week of November 19

"Waking Up Dreaming" climbs 2 spots to No. 14 (new peak position) on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its sixth week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-19/


Billboard Charts update - Week of November 26

"Waking Up Dreaming" holds at No. 14 on this week's Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in its seventh week on the chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary/2022-11-26/ 



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

"Giddy Up!" might be released soon. Probably as another promo. Not as an official single.

Gorgeous!! 🐴 #GiddyUp #QueenOfMe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fY2_0RFlo



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Go listen to Waking Up Dreaming! 😂 #queenofme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLEsvKQ2CI



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

Tommy wrote:

Go listen to Waking Up Dreaming! 😂 #queenofme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLEsvKQ2CI


 Seems a bit too late to be promoting this single at this point. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Melissa wrote:

Tommy how does it work now with a new record label? Do they profit off her old classics released by Mercury Nashville or does she own all the rights with her music. Meaning her and Mutt? Personally I don't think her record label dropped her I just figured she wanted change. Her partnership and relationship with her old record label will always be on good terms because she was a loyal artist. So what happens now with the new music? Say if she isn't making money does her new record label make money off the touring and also is it a country record label. Sometimes I wonder the details because usually when you sign with a new record label you usually sign on for a certain amount of albums am I wrong? She won't get dropped because she has enough money she could sign with anyone these days. Personally she should of signed with a pop record label and just released pop music because she still has Adult contemporary playing her new music and well why label her country when she basically has a pop album which I know I will love. Personally I think this album will do well than some people think because it is so upbeat. Rather then focus on the singles and of course she should release a few more I'm thinking the album can be promoted well because it is catchy. I do expect the new album to sell better then now. If she promotes it well and I believe she will. December alone she has a few things going that will boost album sales. 100% the album will sell in Canada. I mean now sold well and didn't have any hit single in canada. Just wait until the fans hear the entire album I believe the reviews will be much better than now. Queen of me will likely be the next official single released in January with a music video. That's the song she will promote in January. I might be wrong but it has a hook and beat that just might be a decent hit if released and promoted and sang live. She knows waking up dreaming is pretty much hit a peak and so a second official single Not a promotional single will be out before February. I expect another non promotional single to come out late next week. Or not long after. She really hasn't promoted any in North America yet, The peoples choice awards, The beauty and the beast and performing a Christmas song which will also give her airplay. I still think somethings planned for the grammy awards it makes sense especially due to the timing of releasing the album. So many questions anyone have any comments or ideas? Especially Tommy I love his honest opinions and he has already said he loves this album. If this needs to be moved to the album section go ahead and post it on the other Topic Queen of me.




__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Melissa wrote:

Tommy how does it work now with a new record label? Do they profit off her old classics released by Mercury Nashville or does she own all the rights with her music. Meaning her and Mutt? Personally I don't think her record label dropped her I just figured she wanted change. Her partnership and relationship with her old record label will always be on good terms because she was a loyal artist. So what happens now with the new music? Say if she isn't making money does her new record label make money off the touring and also is it a country record label. Sometimes I wonder the details because usually when you sign with a new record label you usually sign on for a certain amount of albums am I wrong?


I honestly don't know what happens when artists switch to a new label. I guess it depends on if the artist owns his/her master recordings. I would assume Shania (and Mutt) do.



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

From the U.S. Adult Contemporary radio weekly Mediabase email I receive.

It looks like "Waking Up Dreaming" has begun its slide off radio airplay. It was played 44 times this week compared to 163 times last week.

ac1
 ac2



__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 14935
Date:

Tommy wrote:
Koko Twain wrote:

Bonus songs on the 14-track album version: "On Three" & "Done and Dusted" ! biggrin

I asked Fnac what the "exclusive Fnac" version had more. They put the 2 bonus tracks on the site. Same for Target.


Thanks! Great find!

https://www.fnac.com/a17486188/Shania-Twain-Queen-of-me-exclu-fnac-CD-album


/download.spark?id=2521985&aBID=118191

The tracklist and 2 bonus tracks are now posted on Target's website.

https://www.target.com/p/shania-twain-queen-of-me-target-exclusive/-/A-87950192?preselect=87926786



Attachments
__________________

Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
shaniasupersite.com



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

The tracklist is now on Apple Music and iTunes as well.

__________________
«First  <  15 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard